News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Night Only Buses

Started by Russ Smith, June 15, 2014, 09:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: OH25 on March 13, 2015, 11:15:42 AM
Quote from: Kevin on March 12, 2015, 07:00:51 AM
Quote from: clayderman on March 11, 2015, 11:09:39 PM

This list seems alright. Though, I would change the 22 with the 23A - have 33 and 51 miss one stop, or possibly even scrap a night-time 51 for a "N51", if it'll be going all the way to Walsall - something like the X51, but serving more stops at night on the Walsall Road.

When I'm discussing 'route suggestions' I always seem to talk of the route number. Honestly, night buses should have an 'N' prefix, like that in London.

For example:
- N74 to Dudley Port
- N61 to Longbridge
- N99 to Quinton Church, etc...

No, they need to have the same number, as it should be the same as the daytime service "like in London"

Doesn't the 'N' prefix apply to routes with a variation or addition to the original route whereas the same number is used if the route is exactly the same?

I believe that is the case yes, as in London they have both 'night buses' and '24hr buses'.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Stu on March 13, 2015, 06:52:14 PM
Quote from: Kevin on March 12, 2015, 07:00:51 AM
Quote from: clayderman on March 11, 2015, 11:09:39 PM

This list seems alright. Though, I would change the 22 with the 23A - have 33 and 51 miss one stop, or possibly even scrap a night-time 51 for a "N51", if it'll be going all the way to Walsall - something like the X51, but serving more stops at night on the Walsall Road.

When I'm discussing 'route suggestions' I always seem to talk of the route number. Honestly, night buses should have an 'N' prefix, like that in London.

For example:
- N74 to Dudley Port
- N61 to Longbridge
- N99 to Quinton Church, etc...

No, they need to have the same number, as it should be the same as the daytime service "like in London"

Doesn't the 'N' prefix apply to routes with a variation or addition to the original route whereas the same number is used if the route is exactly the same?

I believe that is the case yes, as in London they have both 'night buses' and '24hr buses'.

Correct, London do have both Night Buses and 24 hour routes, however on running cards and LVF, even though a route (eg: 159) is a 24 hour route, it is still shown as N159.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

CL

It could be possible. Though these are generally popular daytime stops, I don't see why it woudn't work with my examples.

74 could use the Flyover at Hockley, instead of the Circus. - Doubted, as it will be going 24hr anyway.

61 could miss out Northfield Town Centre, and use Sir Herbert Austin Way, instead...
99 could miss out the Wisley Way loop, like so with the occasional B7RLE.

Something I'd like to see is having Hagley Road services serve Five Ways at night, (exc. Fridays/Weekends after 2000hrs on Broad St), and having the 9 terminate at Halesowen, and possibly (when completed) having the 141 terminate in Cradley Heath.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk