News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Which Of the depot's is facing the most capacity issues.

Started by monkeyjoe, June 18, 2013, 06:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy

Quote from: The Rat on June 22, 2013, 10:17:41 AM

Ahh, I see. Makes sense now mate. And if I'm honest, if drivers received garage driving training (for instance bringing it out the bays etc) then I don't see the point of the lanes. Also, walk around checks should be done when pulling the bus forward out of the gap.

That will be the main reason they will have done it.  They are so big now on the walk round check being completed in full and in many depots you have to pull the bus forward completely in order to be able to do it properly. This then invariably blocks an exit or thoroughfare for somebody else. The result being many checks were not completed in full or done atall.

monkeyjoe

With the comments being made about BC being able to hold 240 buses does that mean it is the largest of all the garages, even larger (more capacity) than Park Lane then?

winston

Quote from: monkeyjoe on June 22, 2013, 02:48:59 PM
With the comments being made about BC being able to hold 240 buses does that mean it is the largest of all the garages, even larger (more capacity) than Park Lane then?

Park Lane has had an allocation of around 220 buses in the past, how much spare capacity there was over & about that I'm not sure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk