News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

X10 limited stop

Started by karl724223, May 05, 2016, 07:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S570

Caught the X10 for the first time today. Seemed quick, but then I usually get either the 127 or 129. At one stop, someone tried to flag the bus down, didn't look to happy when it drove past. Makes you wonder how many people bother checking the timetable.

On the way back, I caught the 9, which stopped at almost every stop. Certainly made the X10 seem more attractive.

Stu

I caught the X10 last Sunday, you certainly notice the difference when the traffic is quieter on the Hagley Road, got from Colmore Row to Bearwood in just over 12 mins.

But there still seems to be a lack of awareness that this is a 'limited stop' service (perhaps when the Platinum vehicles arrive with the audio/visual announcements, that may help), especially as I watched a woman with a pushchair wait helplessly as the driver drove past three stops after this woman believed he would stop at the next one.

Quote from: S570 on August 12, 2016, 06:53:27 PM
At one stop, someone tried to flag the bus down, didn't look to happy when it drove past. Makes you wonder how many people bother checking the timetable.

I see this now on the Coventry Road, with the 900/957 services; people at the Heybarnes Circus and Gladys Road stops waving their arms out and then inevitably sticking their finger up! I even saw one delightful woman mouthing "its a f**king bus stop so why don't you stop?" the once!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

ARBB

Quote from: karl724223 on August 12, 2016, 05:24:09 PM
hes colour blind there Bronz really @Dom @pndriver

Must be dyslexic too lol @karl724223 @Dom

Gold is written through the medal  8)

Dom

Quote from: pndriver on August 12, 2016, 08:36:05 PM
Must be dyslexic too lol @karl724223 @Dom

Gold is written through the medal  8)

Hahaha, must be a typo lmao!  ;D

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Stu on August 12, 2016, 07:32:26 PM
I caught the X10 last Sunday, you certainly notice the difference when the traffic is quieter on the Hagley Road, got from Colmore Row to Bearwood in just over 12 mins.

But there still seems to be a lack of awareness that this is a 'limited stop' service (perhaps when the Platinum vehicles arrive with the audio/visual announcements, that may help), especially as I watched a woman with a pushchair wait helplessly as the driver drove past three stops after this woman believed he would stop at the next one.

I see this now on the Coventry Road, with the 900/957 services; people at the Heybarnes Circus and Gladys Road stops waving their arms out and then inevitably sticking their finger up! I even saw one delightful woman mouthing "its a f**king bus stop so why don't you stop?" the once!

It's like the x51, it's amazing how many hostages you take that thought you stopped in Newtown!

karl724223

X10 blinds now read limited stop not express service

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk