News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

X10 limited stop

Started by karl724223, May 05, 2016, 07:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Quote from: Mike K on May 06, 2016, 07:32:17 AM
It will work because it will no doubt use upgraded buses and is a like for like replacement of an existing route, just with a few less stops. Whether it will knock much time off journeys in rush hour remains to be seen. The X51 is an Express route that uses the underpasses and flyovers and has genuine limited stopping. Limited stopping across a section of road that can be a slow crawl into and out of town during peaks might not bring the same benefits.

The idea that the X51 works because of the flyovers etc doesn't explain the people that use it over the normal 51 between Great Barr and Walsall
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Mike K

I've never used the X51 so can't comment, but is it quicker than the 51 over that section?

I'm sure the X10 will be quicker than all stop services along the Hagley Road for much of the day, but am not convinced it will deliver much in the way of time savings in rush hour, that's all. If it's upgraded to Platinum, that in itself may make it a more attractive proposition than other routes on that corridor.

karl724223

Stopping places announced from five ways to quinton

Stu

Quote from: karl724223 on June 29, 2016, 06:07:28 PM
Stopping places announced from five ways to quinton

QuoteX10 serves all bus stops between Birmingham and Five Ways (Francis Road) and then stops only at Portland Road, Gillot Road, Fountain Road, Bearwood Interchange, Wolverhampton Road, Quinton Lane, Quinton Church, then all stops to Merry Hill and Pensnett.
http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-changes/black-country-service-changes-from-sunday-24th-july-

Sadly, you'll probably have more along the Hagley Road as what I saw this evening on the 957... heading towards Swan Island, a couple of women at the Gladys Road stop (between Deakins Road and Kathleen Road) tried flagging down the bus, then started shouting at the bus as the driver sailed past. 900/957 do not serve that stop, not shown on the flag or printed timetable. And I think it's one of those electronic 'flags' so they wouldn't have shown the 900/957 on the departure display either.

Cue loads of complaints from passengers waiting at the Ivy Bush stop, "disgusted that the bus just drove straight past, it wasn't even full!" etc...

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

karl724223

Quote from: Stu on June 29, 2016, 06:44:50 PM
http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-changes/black-country-service-changes-from-sunday-24th-july-

Sadly, you'll probably have more along the Hagley Road as what I saw this evening on the 957... heading towards Swan Island, a couple of women at the Gladys Road stop (between Deakins Road and Kathleen Road) tried flagging down the bus, then started shouting at the bus as the driver sailed past. 900/957 do not serve that stop, not shown on the flag or printed timetable. And I think it's one of those electronic 'flags' so they wouldn't have shown the 900/957 on the departure display either.

Cue loads of complaints from passengers waiting at the Ivy Bush stop, "disgusted that the bus just drove straight past, it wasn't even full!" etc...
its stopping at the ivy bush

karl724223

Nobody been on it yet no comments ??

Trident 4194

Went on it yesterday from bearwood to Halesowen all be it not the best of the route, though I noticed it stops every stop from quinton church to Halesowen?

Stu

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 26, 2016, 07:41:09 PM
Went on it yesterday from bearwood to Halesowen all be it not the best of the route, though I noticed it stops every stop from quinton church to Halesowen?

http://beta.nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-changes/141-becomes-the-x10-from-sunday-24th-july

It's only limited stop between Five Ways and Quinton Church.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trident 4194

Dom

I find it laughable that on the destination it says "Express Service ". Is it heck! Limited stop yes, but not express

Trident 4194

Quote from: Dom on July 26, 2016, 08:27:45 PM
I find it laughable that on the destination it says "Express Service ". Is it heck! Limited stop yes, but not express

Exactly!!! 

Get a late 9 and can do it in same time as x10.

monkeyjoe

I guess the X and Express will fool your average Joe. I reckon it will grow, especially with the new buses etc

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 26, 2016, 08:29:15 PM
Exactly!!! 

Get a late 9 and can do it in same time as x10.

More stops should have been missed out. It would have made the running time quick. I reckon they should have just kept it limited stop throughout the whole route, much like the X51.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Dom on July 26, 2016, 08:27:45 PM

Yes i spotted that and meant to mention it.

How can it be Express when the odd jorney takes longer than the 141 did.

No doubt after a while, it will become like the X96, stopping at all stops again but keeping the number X10.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on July 26, 2016, 10:32:08 PM
More stops should have been missed out. It would have made the running time quick. I reckon they should have just kept it limited stop throughout the whole route, much like the X51.
The X51 has the 51 operating alongside it though. If the X10 did that many passengers at stops between Merry Hill and Quinton would lose links to Quinton/Halesowen/Merry Hill/ Birmingham City Centre as no other service operates alongside it between Merry Hill and Quinton.
@GeminiFan1991
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk