News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

X10 limited stop

Started by karl724223, May 05, 2016, 07:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fleetline6477

The X10 shares a stop in Colmore Row with the 10 / 10H operated by igo. Let's hope people don't confuse them for the same route!

ARBB

Quote from: fleetline6477 on July 27, 2016, 06:34:40 PM
The X10 shares a stop in Colmore Row with the 10 / 10H operated by igo. Let's hope people don't confuse them for the same route!

A few passengers already have, they got to merry hill and asked the driver when do they get to tesco.

Trident 4609

Quote from: pndriver on August 01, 2016, 09:07:58 PM
A few passengers already have, they got to merry hill and asked the driver when do they get to tesco.

When it goes through Cradley Heath ;)

GeminiFan1991

Personally I do feel as though the route needs to be made quicker, the limited stop between Birmingham and Quinton is good but it should ideally be like that for the whole route, even missing out every other stop would increase the running time
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

ARBB

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on August 01, 2016, 09:20:12 PM
Personally I do feel as though the route needs to be made quicker, the limited stop between Birmingham and Quinton is good but it should ideally be like that for the whole route, even missing out every other stop would increase the running time

From my experience driving it, it is pretty quick how it is at the moment. I know other drivers won't agree with me but I don't feel that it needs as much time as it has got between Quinton and Merry Hill but I suppose this helps keep the bus on time if it gets held up at another point of the route

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: pndriver on August 01, 2016, 09:24:49 PM
From my experience driving it, it is pretty quick how it is at the moment. I know other drivers won't agree with me but I don't feel that it needs as much time as it has got between Quinton and Merry Hill but I suppose this helps keep the bus on time if it gets held up at another point of the route

Your view is better than mine as you have first hand experience. I'm just looking at it compared to its previous route. It's limited stop now but only a few extra minutes are saved which seems awfully less. My understanding is X prefixed routes denote express or quick routes and if it's going to warrant some Platinums, I feel as though the overall journey should be much quicker.
Maybe they could reinstate the 141 and keep the 2 services running alongside each other like the 51 and X51

V89MOA

I'm wondering if once the Platinums arrive, those few minutes might just get cancelled out anyway as more people let the 9 pass and jump on the "posh bus" X10 instead if they can see it coming behind. The X51 has seen an increase in people switching from the 51 so maybe the same will happen for customers travelling as far as Halesowen?

ARBB

Quote from: V89MOA on August 01, 2016, 10:23:09 PM
I'm wondering if once the Platinums arrive, those few minutes might just get cancelled out anyway as more people let the 9 pass and jump on the "posh bus" X10 instead if they can see it coming behind. The X51 has seen an increase in people switching from the 51 so maybe the same will happen for customers travelling as far as Halesowen?

They won't let the 9 pass, I've tried convincing passengers waiting on colmore row that the X10 is quicker than the 9 and they still choose to catch the 9, I've told them they can catch the X10 and be on a 9 which left before the one they're waiting for. Some people are catching the X10 the others are stuck in a routine. The passengers who catch the X10 are really pleased how fast the journey is overall.

V89MOA

Quote from: pndriver on August 01, 2016, 10:41:32 PM
They won't let the 9 pass, I've tried convincing passengers waiting on colmore row that the X10 is quicker than the 9 and they still choose to catch the 9, I've told them they can catch the X10 and be on a 9 which left before the one they're waiting for. Some people are catching the X10 the others are stuck in a routine. The passengers who catch the X10 are really pleased how fast the journey is overall.

That's quite surprising actually but I guess you do get some stubborn people who won't change their routine even if it benefits them. I might give the X10 a try this weekend and see how much quicker it is, everyone on here is saying positive things about it!

GeminiFan1991

May be when Platinums start appearing on the X10 people might give it a go.

karl724223

The 9 is a well established route that hasn't changed in years
The X10,s that I have driven passengers have given a positive response on the limited stop section timings for the route are good at the moment we'll have to see what it's like when the kids go back to school when there's more traffic on the road
Might also be better when buses start using broad street outbound again

ARBB

So after being a passenger on the X10 for the first time. I'm not surprised passengers are saying it's no faster than it was before.

What's the point of an express/limited stop service if the driver is going to wait behind buses at stops which the X10 doesn't serve?

When I'm on there I'm changing between lanes like I was taught when i did my training, I thought the idea of defensive driving was to be able to read the road ahead while keeping the bus moving. Not to wait behind 2 9's and a 126. My passengers are usually in Bearwood before the 126 and change over there. But I guess all drivers have different driving styles, hence my gold traffilog score.

Dom

Quote from: pndriver on August 12, 2016, 03:50:41 PM
But I guess all drivers have different driving styles, hence my gold traffilog score.

Not bragging there at all @pndriver  ;) ;)

karl724223

Dom

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk