News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Wright Eclipse Gemini 3 Demonstrator

Started by MrBevan2000, September 11, 2015, 03:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: JoNi on October 07, 2015, 11:48:26 AM
Why not try a Borismaster for couple of weeks!

@JoNi I reckon that a Borismaster is what PE are getting for Christmas.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Mike K

Quote from: Liverpool Street on October 07, 2015, 08:42:45 PM
So does my missus

It doesn't look too bad from the rear LS.

(The bus, not your missus).

ARBB

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on October 07, 2015, 08:52:49 PM
@JoNi I reckon that a Borismaster is what PE are getting for Christmas.

A bus with multiple doors wouldn't be suitable to any Pensnett service, they all serve bus stations where it would be impossible to use the centre door.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: pndriver on October 07, 2015, 09:12:44 PM
A bus with multiple doors wouldn't be suitable to any Pensnett service, they all serve bus stations where it would be impossible to use the centre door.

So that rules the demonstrator out to then!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Mike K on October 07, 2015, 09:05:03 PM

(The bus, not your missus).

So we're agreed. When did you see her?

(My missus, not the bus)
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Stevo

Liverpool Street

Quote from: horsencart on October 08, 2015, 09:48:03 PM
Here are a few shots of the bus  https://www.flickr.com/photos/dofartshavelumps/22007552532/in/album-72157632427995441/

So you know what bus they were talking about when the phrase "as ugly as the back end of a bus" was made
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Stevo

And the front end of the latest Gemini is even worse.

don

Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Ally

To be honest, with most of the recent designs, I actually think that the back ends of buses are starting to look better than the front! For example, the Enviro MMC range, Borismaster, Latest Wright Streetdeck, Streetlite etc, they all look better at the rear - although the Borismaster and latest Streetdeck are hideous entirely!

The latest Streetdeck looks like somebody stacked 2 Streetlites on top of each other and then crashed it hard into the London 2012 logo. I prefer the Gemini III and that version of the Streetdeck, they look so much better.

The E200MMC looks like somebody de-roofed an E400MMC then had a head on with a Borismaster.
I do however think the rear looks great on the MMC range and the E200MMC interior is a vast improvement over the old E200 interior and even more so than the previous one before that (pre-ECWVTA).
Does the E200MMC still have the interior windscreen glare issue when driving in the dark with the interior lights on like it's predecessor?

The Borismaster looks like an enlarged VW Camper Van with a Nissan badge on it (LT badge).
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)
~ Originally from Bedworth, Warwickshire. Now residing in Bristol
~ CSA at National Express, Bristol
~ https://www.facebook.com/alistair.transportchat

ARBB

I like it, it passed me in broad street this morning

Bryan

Quote from: pndriver on October 09, 2015, 03:57:30 PM
I like it, it passed me in broad street this morning

Dial 999, this person needs serious help!

MrBevan2000

Looks like the Gemini 3 Demonstrator is still on Cap Gemini today at PB.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk