News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Route branding

Started by JB93, August 17, 2012, 03:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notepanel

Quote from: Gareth on January 18, 2015, 07:30:06 PM
It's around 10years or just over since I saw a double decker on the Inner Circle, I agree it would be nice to see branded examples. I think there may be an issue at BY garage though, unless they raised the roof a bit!

I guess the easier way for doubles to operate the 8A/C would be for PB to operate the Inner Circle and the 28 to transfer to BY?

CL

Quote from: notepanel on January 18, 2015, 07:58:44 PM
It's around 10years or just over since I saw a double decker on the Inner Circle, I agree it would be nice to see branded examples. I think there may be an issue at BY garage though, unless they raised the roof a bit!

I guess the easier way for doubles to operate the 8A/C would be for PB to operate the Inner Circle and the 28 to transfer to BY?

Surely BC should, if ever, operate the Inner Circle. The garages are the closest to each other if i'm not mistaken. BY is somewhere along the 97 route, I think.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

monkeyjoe

BC used to back in the day before WH and HY

Ronnoc

Yes PB should operate the Inner Circle with their Volvo Alexander types. Any bus can fit under that Highgate road bridge, even though it says 14ft 3 inches at the top. Or if BY hands the 8 over to BC and BC hands the 97 over to BY but I can recognise some problems with that idea.

The Fox 4846

If buses are being branded for the 35 are they for the 11?
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

Tony

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on January 21, 2015, 04:05:04 PM
If buses are being branded for the 35 are they for the 11?

No, the ones branded for the 35 are for the 35

The Fox 4846

Sorry I meant are they going to brand AG buses with 11 branding as the 35 is getting branded
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

Stu

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on January 21, 2015, 05:32:11 PM
Sorry I meant are they going to brand AG buses with 11 branding as the 35 is getting branded

It makes sense to brand AG buses for the 11, seeing as they operate the 11.  ;) Which buses will be branded, that remains to be seen.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Rob H

4615 now branded for the 14 seen it on Priory Queensway at around 15:15
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Tony

This is another quote from this week's Business brief. I am posting it here to answer one of the aerlier questions not to start another 20 page run of 'Why blue' questions

Some ​​​​route branded 35s are now hitting the streets. One of our inspectors emailed to ask why all the route branding seems to be blue at the moment - with the 14 and 35 both in shades of blue. The answer is that Blake (our designer) has a masterplan with every corridor given its own colour. Obviously not every route is branded, but if and when they are, the colours are designed to minimise overlap but give some consistency on a corridor - and to look good. So the 14 and 35 don't touch and it's a coincidence that they're similar, but the 35 and 50 are both part of the Alcester Road so are both ​different shades of blue​.

Stuharris 6360

Wonder whether the 9 will be branded?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

arrifirststage

Quote from: Tony on January 23, 2015, 08:57:26 PM
This is another quote from this week's Business brief. I am posting it here to answer one of the aerlier questions not to start another 20 page run of 'Why blue' questions

Some ​​​​route branded 35s are now hitting the streets. One of our inspectors emailed to ask why all the route branding seems to be blue at the moment - with the 14 and 35 both in shades of blue. The answer is that Blake (our designer) has a masterplan with every corridor given its own colour. Obviously not every route is branded, but if and when they are, the colours are designed to minimise overlap but give some consistency on a corridor - and to look good. So the 14 and 35 don't touch and it's a coincidence that they're similar, but the 35 and 50 are both part of the Alcester Road so are both ​different shades of blue​.
More PR wonks speak.

B.C Driver

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on January 19, 2015, 03:49:55 PM

Yes PB should operate the Inner Circle with their Volvo Alexander types. Any bus can fit under that Highgate road bridge, even though it says 14ft 3 inches at the top. Or if BY hands the 8 over to BC and BC hands the 97 over to BY but I can recognise some problems with that idea.

BC operated the 8 for many years. The majority of times I see an 8 now they are pretty full with people having to stand.
It would be a good idea to see double deckers back on the route. As mntioned before there are no low bridges.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Ronnoc

Quote from: Matt on January 24, 2015, 12:28:20 PM
Quote from: Bham Central Driver on January 24, 2015, 12:23:55 PM
Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on January 19, 2015, 03:49:55 PM

BC operated the 8 for many years. The majority of times I see an 8 now they are pretty full with people having to stand.
It would be a good idea to see double deckers back on the route. As mntioned before there are no low bridges.

I can second that, having caught it a few times when taking the "scenic" route back from work (101 to JQ, 8 to FW, 9 home), it always seems to be full (usually at least one weirdo on board too!)
Yep, here is a video too

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk