News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Perry Barr Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Quote from: Wba_lad on August 30, 2024, 11:57:55 AMHas anyone noticed the electrics I saw a few today mainly on the Scott arms 16 blind it will show the normal version but then transition to say Scott arms on its own no number and it's little size
Yep, shame they don't do that on other services anymore. A lot of the Solihull services from Birmingham used to do that with their displays 12+ years ago now.

Wba_lad

Quote from: Jack on August 30, 2024, 01:30:04 PMYep, shame they don't do that on other services anymore. A lot of the Solihull services from Birmingham used to do that with their displays 12+ years ago now.
But isn't it confusing in a way for passengers because if it did it on all routes and your in Birmingham and it just says in little writing for example Solihull it could be a mix of the 6, 4, 4A, X2 obviously as a enthusiast we know ect but it could cause confusion very easily.

Jack

Quote from: Wba_lad on August 30, 2024, 10:50:44 PMBut isn't it confusing in a way for passengers because if it did it on all routes and your in Birmingham and it just says in little writing for example Solihull it could be a mix of the 6, 4, 4A, X2 obviously as a enthusiast we know ect but it could cause confusion very easily.
If it says the route number too with the destination in big letters then not really, the Solihull ones used to scroll from the via to big bold letters 'Solihull' with the number on the destination. Used to be on the 6, 37 and 957 back then.

West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek

Wasn't sure whether to put this in the "seen but not tracking thread", but does anybody know if there's a 7 doing the 9:49 to Birmingham at the moment? I can't see it on bustimes and I need this bus to show up. 

Much appreciated
5/51/X51/529

Jay71

Quote from: Tony on September 29, 2024, 01:51:46 PMAs mentioned already this is now booked allocation
Quick question for you. Why the switch to double deckers on this route?

Stu

Quote from: Jay71 on September 29, 2024, 02:26:29 PMQuick question for you. Why the switch to double deckers on this route?
See Tony's reply here:
https://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?msg=334512
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Jay71

Quote from: Stu on September 29, 2024, 02:47:30 PMSee Tony's reply here:
https://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?msg=334512

The seven day thing won't be for a little while.  
The Sun allocation.  I assume it's cheaper to use EV's on a Sun that it is use to diesel vehicles 

Gareth

Quote from: Jay71 on September 29, 2024, 08:08:48 PMThe seven day thing won't be for a little while. 
The Sun allocation.  I assume it's cheaper to use EV's on a Sun that it is use to diesel vehicles
They're allocated on a Sunday because it's now a double deck route and PB double deckers are electric. It's just that a full double deck allocation isn't immediate.

Jay71

Quote from: Gareth on September 29, 2024, 09:23:35 PMThey're allocated on a Sunday because it's now a double deck route and PB double deckers are electric. It's just that a full double deck allocation isn't immediate.
Will it continue to be a double deck route when the electric single deckers arrive?

Quote from: Jay71 on September 29, 2024, 10:29:00 PMWill it continue to be a double deck route when the electric single deckers arrive?
Maybe as the deckers have a higher seating capacity for busy peak trips.
I don't think there are any electric single decks on order at the moment as well.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Ingleboro261F

Quote from: Jay71 on September 29, 2024, 10:29:00 PMWill it continue to be a double deck route when the electric single deckers arrive?
I didn't know NX ordered electric single decks too

Ingleboro261F

[Deleted]

Jack6101

Quote from: Ingleboro261F on Yesterday at 07:05:09 PMHi, I left my bus pass on E326 at the back of the bus and it's not in service. If someone is able to find a video game bus pass on the bus contact me 07470203468. It has like controllers on the bus pass and was at the back of the top drck
Why not contact the bus garage?
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Ingleboro261F

Quote from: Jack6101 on Yesterday at 07:09:15 PMWhy not contact the bus garage?
Can you give me a contact number please I'm stranded

Ingleboro261F

I just thought cus there are people that work there of they are able to find my bus pass on E326 that would help me greatly 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk