News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Withdrawn Vehicles

Started by Ashley, November 01, 2013, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: 2900 on September 02, 2024, 06:51:31 PMI assume the 50/35  will get the Milkfloats and the rest where ever needed on city routes, not sure what else YW operate into city, platinum's move down the pecking order
Other double deck routes are the 2/3 into city, the 18, 49 & 76

Stu

Quote from: Tony on September 02, 2024, 06:00:24 PMNo. why would it when it is getting 54 new buses and Stu's comment clearly  states they will be replaced.
I was only referring to the non-Euro6 Tridents, they were asking about the Euro6 ones.

Privately I was hoping that if any Euro6 vehicles were to be withdrawn from YW then it would have been some of the Scanias, but then again those Tridents really are reaching end-of-life now, and I couldn't see them going anywhere else at this stage.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on September 02, 2024, 07:32:47 PMI was only referring to the non-Euro6 Tridents, they were asking about the Euro6 ones.

Privately I was hoping that if any Euro6 vehicles were to be withdrawn from YW then it would have been some of the Scanias, but then again those Tridents really are reaching end-of-life now, and I couldn't see them going anywhere else at this stage.

It will be both

markcf83

Quote from: 2900 on September 02, 2024, 06:51:31 PMI assume the 50/35  will get the Milkfloats and the rest where ever needed on city routes, not sure what else YW operate into city, platinum's move down the pecking order
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Tony

Wba_lad

Quote from: Tony on September 11, 2024, 09:35:28 AM1856; 1888 WA - withdrawn
How come these are withdrawn Tony, are they corrosion too

Tony

Quote from: Wba_lad on September 11, 2024, 11:43:50 AMHow come these are withdrawn Tony, are they corrosion too
Because Walsall needs double decks instead, so replaced by Tridents

Tony

4525 left WB this morning and has got to Howards Coaches in Warrington.

4521 & 4522 should both be making the move north tomorrow from Pensnett

Tony

1920 withdrawn from YW due to engine failure

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Tony on September 16, 2024, 01:26:20 PM1920 withdrawn from YW due to engine failure
Forgive me Tony, but - great that's another one gone !

Tony

Quote from: Steve3229vp on September 16, 2024, 05:30:10 PMForgive me Tony, but - great that's another one gone !
No need to ask forgiveness, I am glad another one has died as well

The Real 4777

For anyone who follows Pure Audits on YouTube, his video published today shows, in fact zooms in on, the former 4826 parked up in a big car park in Oxford. 'Quite an old bus,' he comments! 

don

Quote from: The Real 4777 on September 16, 2024, 05:44:48 PMFor anyone who follows Pure Audits on YouTube, his video published today shows, in fact zooms in on, the former 4826 parked up in a big car park in Oxford. 'Quite an old bus,' he comments!
Interesting - I was in Southbourne near Bournemouth a couple of weeks ago and I was surprised when BX09 PFJ went past me on local service 1b (ex Yellow Buses) - the ex NXWM 4809 - in full Morebus livery (1264) - looked and sounded really good - it was twilight otherwise I would have waited for it to come back from the terminus and got a photo!! They have PFD (1263) as well.

Nearly all the double deck buses in the Southbourne area are 24 reg E400 MMCs but it didn't look or sound out of place.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Wumpty

Quote from: Tony on September 16, 2024, 05:36:08 PMNo need to ask forgiveness, I am glad another one has died as well
Oh @Tony - I thought you'd got  love for all buses LOL!
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Celestial Toymaker

Quote from: Tony on September 16, 2024, 05:36:08 PMNo need to ask forgiveness, I am glad another one has died as well
i like the Scanias, not many made it to AG & i never saw one on the 11......... thinks... must try and get out with my camera before the landscape changes again...un thinks
3000 F300 XOF

like 3000 I do not exist anymore........ worth nothing as scrap either

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk