News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Withdrawn Vehicles

Started by Ashley, November 01, 2013, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markcf83

Quote from: Ingleboro261F on August 16, 2024, 02:54:04 PMI hope the bus driver gets well quickly, that sounds nasty.
Amen 
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Ingleboro261F

Quote from: Tony on August 16, 2024, 04:55:41 PMPlenty of other people seem to be able to, someone else withdrew 4499 & 4507
That was me

Stu

Quote from: Tony on August 16, 2024, 04:55:41 PMPlenty of other people seem to be able to, someone else withdrew 4499 & 4507
Something has been changed then, up until recently if trying to edit any NX vehicle, there was some message about only 'local experts' being able to edit them. I had a look earlier and seems this restriction has gone.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

frostjay974

Speaking of 4507 I saw it hooked up to the back of a recovery truck going up Bull Street in West Bromwich. Does anyone have any idea on where it's going?

Tony

Quote from: frostjay974 on August 16, 2024, 06:41:14 PMSpeaking of 4507 I saw it hooked up to the back of a a recovery truck going up Bull Street in West Bromwich. Does anyone have any idea on where it's going?
Pensnett

BN

Quote from: BK63 YWP on August 16, 2024, 10:19:45 AMUnless it's stated by Tony or other nx employees that are in know, please don't go off it's been removed from bus times means it's withdrawn.

I take posts from you with a pinch of salt
The original insurance assessor inspected it and costed it.
When WN started stripping it, it was worse than expected, thus written off.

Tony

Ingleboro261F

Does anyone know when the Scania omnicities will see the end of their life at PB??

The Real 4777

Quote from: Ingleboro261F on August 20, 2024, 07:07:47 AMDoes anyone know when the Scania omnicities will see the end of their life at PB??
Expect they'll be the last diesel deckers standing as all the MMCs are compatible with other receiving garages. So, their end will coincide with the final Electrical buses entering service or an earlier intervention like uneconomic MOT or repair bill, RTA or sundry Act of God.

Elsewhere Tony has suggested that some 44XX, 45XX and 46XX will see 2025 in; maybe the Omnis will also.

Sh4318

Would I be right in thinking WB will hold onto the 44**s, 4523 and 4687-4696 for as long as possible given they're euro 6 and therefore can enter the city centre?
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Stu

Quote from: Ingleboro261F on August 20, 2024, 07:07:47 AMDoes anyone know when the Scania omnicities will see the end of their life at PB??

Quote from: The Real 4777 on August 20, 2024, 09:01:59 AMExpect they'll be the last diesel deckers standing as all the MMCs are compatible with other receiving garages. So, their end will coincide with the final Electrical buses entering service or an earlier intervention like uneconomic MOT or repair bill, RTA or sundry Act of God.

Elsewhere Tony has suggested that some 44XX, 45XX and 46XX will see 2025 in; maybe the Omnis will also.
I agree, the OmniCities will likely be the last diesel double-decks to finish at PB.

As they are non-standard for the fleet, and never been used elsewhere, I think it is highly unlikely they will continue to see service at another NX garage.

Depends on what condition they're in really - they could end up scrapped, or just go into reserve for emergency use being as they're Euro6-compliant. I suppose if still in reasonable condition, NX could find a buyer who'll take them on the cheap.
My locals:

Tony

Quote from: Stu on August 20, 2024, 07:41:59 PMI agree, the OmniCities will likely be the last diesel double-decks to finish at PB.

As they are non-standard for the fleet, and never been used elsewhere, I think it is highly unlikely they will continue to see service at another NX garage.

Depends on what condition they're in really - they could end up scrapped, or just go into reserve for emergency use being as they're Euro6-compliant. I suppose if still in reasonable condition, NX could find a buyer who'll take them on the cheap.
There's two different companies after them

Westy

Quote from: Tony on August 20, 2024, 07:42:56 PMThere's two different companies after them
Does that include the one painted in Pte livery, or is that being kept?

The Real 4777

Quote from: Westy on August 20, 2024, 07:47:41 PMDoes that include the one painted in Pte livery, or is that being kept?

It was looking resplendent on the 33 today. 

Stu

Quote from: Westy on August 20, 2024, 07:47:41 PMDoes that include the one painted in Pte livery, or is that being kept?
Buses can be repainted you know. :rolleyes:

Why keep one non-standard vehicle just because it is in a different livery?
My locals:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk