News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Some fleet news

625 was officially withdrawn Thursday evening

Bob

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on September 05, 2024, 09:09:29 PMSome fleet news

Repainted white but always pitch black at the back and stank of fumes lol

Bob

Hopefully that old 07 plate Solo or the blue and white SR arent its replacement

Wumpty

Quote from: Bob on September 06, 2024, 05:22:31 AMHopefully that old 07 plate Solo or the blue and white SR arent its replacement
I spotted a blue and white striped SR heading back to Delta Way from Bridgtown around 9.30 this morning - didn't catch the reg but did have a red Chaserider fleet sticker on the front.

Is this the one you're talking about @Bob ?
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

solonightrider

Quote from: Bob on September 06, 2024, 05:22:31 AMHopefully that old 07 plate Solo or the blue and white SR arent its replacement
Think they need to get more bigger capacity vehicles on fleet not more mini buses, been loading issues on the 63 this week with the SUA school kids time journeys crammed in to a tiny solo SR - but today was one of the red and blue e200's on 63, but then the tiny solo been on 828 instead   :lipsrsealed:

Jamie A

Quote from: Wumpty on September 06, 2024, 12:52:12 PMI spotted a blue and white striped SR heading back to Delta Way from Bridgtown around 9.30 this morning - didn't catch the reg but did have a red Chaserider fleet sticker on the front.

Is this the one you're talking about @Bob ?
Think it's 136? YJ59NNA

Bob

They're transfers and 620 is a loan 

solonightrider

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on September 05, 2024, 09:09:29 PMSome fleet news

what was up with it ?  it was sounding tired though, but seemed to of been tidied up on the side panel work not long ago

Mayfield

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on August 28, 2024, 12:28:42 AM62 should be back today hopefully
Do you think this is ever coming back into service

Quote from: solonightrider on September 10, 2024, 09:21:23 PMwhat was up with it ?  it was sounding tired though, but seemed to of been tidied up on the side panel work not long ago
Major oil leak. No doubt you could tell where the 12L of oil was going lol. It was also all over the engine and was a fire waiting to happen

Quote from: Mayfield on September 10, 2024, 10:45:42 PMDo you think this is ever coming back into service
It will be yes. It's had to go back to the engine place to get looked at as it was constantly in limp mode. Once they've sorted the limp mode issue they'll be no doubt it'll be back out 

Mayfield

Hasn't That been the issue for as long as I can remember

Quote from: Mayfield on September 11, 2024, 07:12:08 AMHasn't That been the issue for as long as I can remember
I think that was 64 that was doing it. 62 was always the more reliable one of the 3 until the engine seized up on it

solonightrider

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on September 11, 2024, 12:16:42 AMMajor oil leak. No doubt you could tell where the 12L of oil was going lol. It was also all over the engine and was a fire waiting to happen
ah ok lol bit of a issue then  :cry:  guess not viable to sort it out then. They do need to invest in some more upto dateish full size capacity heavyweight buses though for the interurban 74/828 work ,  the old end of life solos and lightweight suff aint up to it. I travelled on that radio ad streetlite last week [63 plate one] and it struggged to get going and if it did 10mph up hill that was it could of done with a 6 pot in them from new give it a bit more umph lol. The 16 plate mcv volvo seemed a nice bit of kit mind that took me on the outward journey on the 828 deffo a tool for the job! Them 16 plate MCV would look nice in the new red/yellow/blue livery too :-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk