News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

University of Wolverhampton

Started by Ashley 60171, February 18, 2016, 05:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikestone

YJ60LSO is for sale on the Stafford Bus Centre website - I cannot find anything as to where it came from.

Wumpty

Quote from: mikestone on August 29, 2019, 02:31:09 PM
YJ60LSO is for sale on the Stafford Bus Centre website - I cannot find anything as to where it came from.

New at first registration to University of Wolverhampton with the following:

SABMW6AS0AL280192  X1200  YJ60LSK  Oe 280192  B43F  2/2011  University of Wolverhampton       
   SABMW6AS0AL280193  X1200  YJ60LSL  Oe 280193  B43F  2/2011  University of Wolverhampton       
   SABMW6AS0AL280194  X1200  YJ60LSN  Oe 280194  B43F  2/2011  University of Wolverhampton       
   SABMW6AS0AL280195  X1200  YJ60LSO  Oe 280195  B43F  2/2011  University of Wolverhampton     
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

mikestone

Sorry - I knew that, it was where it had been since leaving Wolverhampton - PSVC gives disposal to a dealer, but nothing further. LSN also appears unreported.
;
LSL is with Hulleys
LSK Hams, Flimwell

mikestone

I assume they mean £10.00 per passenger per trip?

Rachvince53

Quote from: mikestone on July 15, 2024, 08:50:07 PMI assume they mean £10.00 per passenger per trip?
I presume so. 
I was a regular user of what was then the "Intersite Coach Service" operated by Nash Coaches of Smethwick back in the 1990s. The Uni only had Ford Transit minibuses at the time. 

Solo1

Wonder where the buses the uni got will end up only 5 years old

Lukeee

Quote from: Solo1 on July 15, 2024, 10:29:18 PMWonder where the buses the uni got will end up only 5 years old
Depends, they could be on a 5 year lease so could return to the leasing company 

danny

I was at the University when they introduced the Optare Tempos, as in my final year they transferred our course from Wolverhampton to Walsall campus and the Shuttle was a god send for early morning lectures.
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Whenever I've seen them in Wolvo they haven't been that full of a morning or Mid morning/Midday never seen them of a evening though. Or got a proper glance of the Bus Stop. It is worth noting the 529 gets you to Walsall but to get to the Walsall Campus unless they have two it's the 51 or X51 To the Broadway. I used to go to there facilities at Primary School for some sort of Schools Competition. I never remember seeing the Shuttle Buses then So I don't know where they stop if it is indeed that Campus they serve. 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

IMarkeh

In my opinion, the issue that the Uni has is that they went down the route of the shuttles being exclusively for students. Given the decent flows of passengers between these areas, stick some ticket machines on there and sell some tickets for normal people. It's revenue coming in to support the service. If the service is operating anyway, opening it up to the public means they can claim BSOG, ticket sales are easy revenue.

Many other unis have opened up their buses and they seem to be better for it. Uno made a whole business out of it.

Rachvince53

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on July 16, 2024, 12:05:15 PMWhenever I've seen them in Wolvo they haven't been that full of a morning or Mid morning/Midday never seen them of a evening though. Or got a proper glance of the Bus Stop. It is worth noting the 529 gets you to Walsall but to get to the Walsall Campus unless they have two it's the 51 or X51 To the Broadway. I used to go to there facilities at Primary School for some sort of Schools Competition. I never remember seeing the Shuttle Buses then So I don't know where they stop if it is indeed that Campus they serve.
The service runs from Gorway Road (or at least the intersite coach travel did when I was there). They start from outside Randall Lines (behind Asda) in Wolverhampton. 

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: IMarkeh on July 17, 2024, 04:13:19 AMIn my opinion, the issue that the Uni has is that they went down the route of the shuttles being exclusively for students. Given the decent flows of passengers between these areas, stick some ticket machines on there and sell some tickets for normal people. It's revenue coming in to support the service. If the service is operating anyway, opening it up to the public means they can claim BSOG, ticket sales are easy revenue.

Many other unis have opened up their buses and they seem to be better for it. Uno made a whole business out of it.
That would be a great idea for when the 529's are late as the Uni Buses skip out the Wolverhampton Road to Willenhall and use the Black Country Route. Then they follow the 529 for the most part. The only bit them for the Students is to the actual Campuses themselves. The Walsall campus shuttle will be for Students from Walsall to the Broadway 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

Wumpty

Quote from: IMarkeh on July 17, 2024, 04:13:19 AMIn my opinion, the issue that the Uni has is that they went down the route of the shuttles being exclusively for students. Given the decent flows of passengers between these areas, stick some ticket machines on there and sell some tickets for normal people. It's revenue coming in to support the service. If the service is operating anyway, opening it up to the public means they can claim BSOG, ticket sales are easy revenue.

Uno successfully diversified and made a successful business from it. Wolverhampton's has always been about student door to door services, closed to the public to promote student safety. Granted, most of the services I see are partially patronised, though do have some decent peak loads too.

It's always been a fantastic USP for students choosing which university to attend. If it's too expensive to maintain, then the option to open to the public is an option, though you lose some of the control on who uses it.

It would be a huge shame if it does cease - not least for the variety of buses we've seen on there!
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Just an idea Wolves College and the Uni share a partnership or used to so ie ideally students of say Bussiness at the College would move to the University when they finished, grades depending, now granted the College is set to move from Paget Road but at this current time I do believe that is delayed. 

There is a Uni Campus near to Compton Park so maybe they could partner with the College joint funding to get College students to Paget Road and even Bilston and Students to Walsall and Compton. It would provide another way for Students at the College to get there without being late as happened to me rarely because the 1 was excessively full of school kids and then the Traffic was horrendous. The 10 also gets rammed although I now do believe that journey has a Double Decker on it now and again Traffic is horrendous. So maybe it doesn't need to be public maybe just Student Transport To the City College and Uni as well as Walsall and Telford campus. But only for Students at one of them no School Kids. If that doesn't work then Public Service. I believe the Veichles have Pushchair and Wheelchair spaces.

Another Idea maybe get the City Council to fund them or get another Operator to help operate them maybe NX as the Uni Bus follows most of the 529 and 51/X51 Route maybe someone else. 

And random point where are the Veichles maintained or kept and do the Drivers work for the Uni or are they like agency drivers 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk