News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

University of Wolverhampton

Started by Ashley 60171, February 18, 2016, 05:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IMarkeh

Quote from: Wumpty on July 17, 2024, 09:29:01 PMUno successfully diversified and made a successful business from it. Wolverhampton's has always been about student door to door services, closed to the public to promote student safety. Granted, most of the services I see are partially patronised, though do have some decent peak loads too.

It's always been a fantastic USP for students choosing which university to attend.
I love that they do it to 'promote student safety'. Such a poor excuse. Students don't just sit in the Uni ecosystem for years. They go to town centres and mingle with others. Many of them get trains to get from their family home/origin area to the uni in the first place. The students are more than happy to go out and get paralytic on cheep booze in sometimes quite dodgy establishments, but god forbid they have to share a bus with the general public. Uni management need to get a grip.

Solo1

The buses are parked at burke bros you can see them on the train line https://maps.app.goo.gl/XnsEmXfvkhXreXo67 buses on left on pic

woody38

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on July 18, 2024, 01:25:01 AMJust an idea Wolves College and the Uni share a partnership or used to so ie ideally students of say Bussiness at the College would move to the University when they finished, grades depending, now granted the College is set to move from Paget Road but at this current time I do believe that is delayed.

There is a Uni Campus near to Compton Park so maybe they could partner with the College joint funding to get College students to Paget Road and even Bilston and Students to Walsall and Compton. It would provide another way for Students at the College to get there without being late as happened to me rarely because the 1 was excessively full of school kids and then the Traffic was horrendous. The 10 also gets rammed although I now do believe that journey has a Double Decker on it now and again Traffic is horrendous. So maybe it doesn't need to be public maybe just Student Transport To the City College and Uni as well as Walsall and Telford campus. But only for Students at one of them no School Kids. If that doesn't work then Public Service. I believe the Veichles have Pushchair and Wheelchair spaces.

Another Idea maybe get the City Council to fund them or get another Operator to help operate them maybe NX as the Uni Bus follows most of the 529 and 51/X51 Route maybe someone else.

And random point where are the Veichles maintained or kept and do the Drivers work for the Uni or are they like agency drivers
The uni campus at a Compton went years ago, now a school & houseing

Rachvince53

Quote from: woody38 on July 18, 2024, 10:52:11 PMThe uni campus at a Compton went years ago, now a school & housing
The school is St Edmunds. 

TGZac

At least 3 of their Geminis are now in service with Redline Buses, there are pictures of GJO, GJV and GJY in service on the Friends of the PSV Circle facebook group

Mayfield

GJV/Y have been in service since 13/08

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk