News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Yardley Wood Garage

Started by Jay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: darthdc on June 21, 2024, 11:58:29 AMI'm I right to say that I saw E171 at YW Garage yesterday? It certainly looked like an electric, given the style of livery on the front (red, with "free travel" written on the side). I couldn't see the fleet number on the side due to the way the bus was positioned, and to get close would have meant trespassing.
Loan for driver familiarisation training:
https://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?msg=329915
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Jack

@Funnysnow18, 1911 has a slipping ZF, it's had it a couple years now. It sounds nice but I'm surprised it's still going! 

Funnysnow18

Quote from: Jack on June 24, 2024, 12:56:37 PM@Funnysnow18, 1911 has a slipping ZF, it's had it a couple years now. It sounds nice but I'm surprised it's still going!
Ohh was gonna say it sounded like it's had it 🤣

darthdc

Any idea which routes they're using E171 on? I was figuring they'd use her on either the 50 or the 6.

Mayfield

Probably non as it doesn't even appear on Bustimes 

busfan2847

Quote from: darthdc on June 29, 2024, 07:37:04 PMAny idea which routes they're using E171 on? I was figuring they'd use her on either the 50 or the 6.
It is there for training and is not in passenger service.

darthdc

Training was mentioned, but I'm just keen to know where it's going to be - on the chance of snapping it.

Tony

Quote from: darthdc on July 01, 2024, 07:58:35 PMTraining was mentioned, but I'm just keen to know where it's going to be - on the chance of snapping it.
Where ever and whenever the garage instructor needs to go when he is type training staff who haven't yet driven electrics

Stu

Quote from: darthdc on July 01, 2024, 07:58:35 PMTraining was mentioned, but I'm just keen to know where it's going to be - on the chance of snapping it.
At a guess, if it's still there, probably just around the local Yardley Wood/Warstock area.

I would have imagined that most drivers at YW would be trained to drive electrics already, as they do regularly get used on other routes besides the 6.

Anyway, it will probably be back at PB and out in regular public service within the next couple of weeks.
My locals:

darthdc

Went to YW today, and she was parked in the entrance - managed to get a photo from afar. Upon looking at the photo (zoomed in), there is a sign in the main passenger doors, stating that the bus is not for service use.

Tony

4775 passed an MoT yesterday and is now in service in Grey

TGZac

Why do Frankley bound 27s continue down Rubery Lane instead of turning onto New Street like Yardley Wood bound 27s do?

Stu

Quote from: TGZac on July 06, 2024, 03:36:07 PMWhy do Frankley bound 27s continue down Rubery Lane instead of turning onto New Street like Yardley Wood bound 27s do?
Because the route does a one-way loop at the Frankley end.

https://bustimes.org/services/27-yardley-wood-kings-heath-stirchley-bournville-n#map

My locals:

TGZac

Quote from: Stu on July 06, 2024, 04:10:28 PMBecause the route does a one-way loop at the Frankley end.
But why is it a loop instead of turning around at the terminus?

Tony

E251 will probably be on the 6 later

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk