News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Travel Express / Lets Go

Started by Badger, June 07, 2012, 04:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Westy on June 12, 2024, 09:10:51 PMAre NX still putting up for every tender at the moment?
No, I understand they didn't bid for these tenders

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Westy on June 12, 2024, 09:10:51 PMAre NX still putting up for every tender at the moment?
They wouldn't want these anyways.
As for Diamond winning them they have operated them before. Presumably StreetLites and Solo's on the 63, 64 and 65 and Mellor on the 303
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Westy

Quote from: winston on June 12, 2024, 10:39:28 PMNo, I understand they didn't bid for these tenders
Hmmm.

Interesting.

Stu

Quote from: Westy on June 13, 2024, 04:57:32 AMHmmm.

Interesting.

Maybe they didn't have the resources available for those contracts? There are lots of tenders that NX don't bid for.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

CKD

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on June 13, 2024, 12:16:44 AMThey wouldn't want these anyways.
As for Diamond winning them they have operated them before. Presumably StreetLites and Solo's on the 63, 64 and 65 and Mellor on the 303
No street lites on 63 😂😂 - way too big. An e200 long is too big it's tight round the terminus 

Wumpty

I passed their garage in Wolverhampton and there are still a number of their old red Darts in  storage, along with a couple of other white buses behind that appeared no to be in service.

Very strange no to dispose of old buses that haven't operated for years, considering their history and now, current situation.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Jay71

I think Diamond will use Optare Solo's on the 303

Rachvince53

Quote from: Wumpty on June 13, 2024, 06:48:39 PMI passed their garage in Wolverhampton and there are still a number of their old red Darts in  storage, along with a couple of other white buses behind that appeared no to be in service.

Very strange no to dispose of old buses that haven't operated for years, considering their history and now, current situation.
Yes, those red buses include I believe a dual door Dart which had been a regular on the 11. They are officially withdrawn and probably not MOT'd. However why they have retained them I agree is curious. 

Rachvince53

Quote from: CKD on June 13, 2024, 05:35:41 PMNo street lites on 63 😂😂 - way too big. An e200 long is too big it's tight round the terminus
Before the contract went to Lets Go, Diamond used Mellors predominantly towards the end although the small Solos (eg 20737) were also used. 

Wumpty

Quote from: Rachvince53 on June 13, 2024, 09:03:16 PMBefore the contract went to Lets Go, Diamond used Mellors predominantly towards the end although the small Solos (eg 20737) were also used.
Similar to the allocations on the WN57

the trainbasher

The TC has recieved a new application for a licence for Travel Express

PD2074663 SN TRAVEL EXPRESS LTD
Director(s): KISHAN SINGH CHUMBER, Nirmal Nirmala Chumber
 49 DUDLEY ROAD, WOLVERHAMPTON, WV2 3BP
Operating Centre: 49 DUDLEY ROAD, WOLVERHAMPTON, WV2 3BP
Authorisation: 20 vehicle(s)
Transport Manager(s): Stuart Kingston

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Well this means if it is accepted the 1 and the 11 are kept but they have lost the Tendered services so they would still be a reduced company. Unless they try to compete on the 529/79 or maybe the 2,3 or 4. Worth noting no Operator since Joe's Travel (Who I remember barely) but only for year before they ran Early Morning 79's to Birmingham when NX terminated at WB has tried to compete with NX on the 79 since not saying they would do well, the 79 gets busy at Peak Times it's busiest points being Wednesbury, Darlaston, Bilston and Bilston College and when the Tram is down Priestfeild (Holloway Street) unless they bid for something else but can't see what they would bid for. Unless the new Manager has ideas of his own
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Rachvince53

I thought Mr Chumber was banned for 4 years?

Tony

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on June 14, 2024, 10:18:12 AMWell this means if it is accepted the 1 and the 11 are kept but they have lost the Tendered services so they would still be a reduced company. Unless they try to compete on the 529/79 or maybe the 2,3 or 4. Worth noting no Operator since Joe's Travel (Who I remember barely) but only for year before they ran Early Morning 79's to Birmingham when NX terminated at WB has tried to compete with NX on the 79 since not saying they would do well, the 79 gets busy at Peak Times it's busiest points being Wednesbury, Darlaston, Bilston and Bilston College and when the Tram is down Priestfeild (Holloway Street) unless they bid for something else but can't see what they would bid for. Unless the new Manager has ideas of his own
The new company would have to give 42 days notice to start a new commercial service

Wumpty

It's been a while since I've interrogated reports below:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/decision-for-travel-express-ltd-pd1140735-transport-managers-mr-kishan-chumber-nirmal-johal/decision-for-travel-express-ltd-pd1140735-transport-managers-mr-kishan-chumber-nirmal-johal#:~:text=This%20sum%20must%20be%20paid,Ltd%20and%2For%20Mr%20Chumber.&text=03%20May%202024.

My understanding is that Chumber/Johal have lost their good repute as transport managers and operators with an appropriate financial penalty applied.  "This sum must be paid in full before this operator's licence is revoked at 2359 hours on 16 June 2024. Failure to do so will have a significant adverse impact on the issue of good repute upon any future application for an operator's licence made by Travel Express Ltd and/or Mr Chumber".

I interpret that to mean that he can pay his penalty before closure and allows him to apply for a licence, though not act as transport manager. Nothing says he will be granted a licence upon application.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk