News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Travel Express / Lets Go

Started by Badger, June 07, 2012, 04:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay71

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on June 08, 2024, 08:30:26 PMIs that twenty people on one journey or spread across the journeys
Spread across one journey. This route is very well used by OAP's

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Westy on June 08, 2024, 09:06:54 PMSo a route change wouldnt be needed then.

Slightly off topic, but might be connected, but is a link from Willenhall to Reedswood Sainsburys still needed?

Could a revised 303 do it?

Willenhall to Reedswood Sainsburys is doable from the 41 to New Invention then change to the 69. But maybe from Bentley to there could be done. Otherwise it is the 37 and either get off at Birchtree Hollow and walk down to Bentley Lane for the 69 or if the Comp still has that Public access Gated off to keep the Students in as the exit from the Changing block and Astro back into the Building cuts across you get off at The Homestead and walk up to the school and down the side of it to get to Bentley Lane by Rough wood Chase. Alternatively the 529 from Bentley to Walsall and get the 69, 70 or 70A
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Rachvince53

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on June 08, 2024, 06:12:34 PMYes Igo operated all of them and the 80 in Moxley, the 53 to
Igo never operated the 63/64/65. The 63 was originally the 613/614 (the latter being part of former 14 operated by The Green Bus Service). The 63, 64 and 65 were operated by Midland from the start and replaced parts of WMT bus services including the 514A/C. 

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Rachvince53 on June 09, 2024, 01:47:47 PMIgo never operated the 63/64/65. The 63 was originally the 613/614 (the latter being part of former 14 operated by The Green Bus Service). The 63, 64 and 65 were operated by Midland from the start and replaced parts of WMT bus services including the 514A/C.
I've seen pictures on this site of Igo buses on the 63, 64 or 65 maybe It was the 61 or 62. But they have certainly Operated the 53, not sure on the 26A that Diamond run of an evening, the 80, 303, 65 in Darlaston and other routes like that. The 80 used Small Solo SR's, The 303 and 65 the Primo's and occasionally Solo SR's on the 65 the 53 used the Solo's to.

So when are TE/Let's Go expected to loose the 303 and the other tendered services. The only really losses are the tendered work and maybe the customers who did wait for them on the 1 and the 11. There 1 journeys did run whenever they wanted so it was never wise to use them to see if the NX1 would be late. The one time I actually wanted to use them when NX were on Strike they never bothered to turn up. I had to get Banga both ways including being picked up on the Chapel Ash Island which the driver wasn't supposed to serve but due to about 5 of us waiting he stopped. The only time there 1 was ever busy was at School times on an Afternoon still didn't really help the NX1 being absolutely rammed. So no loss there and the 11 again is served by NX and whenever I saw the 11 of a Morning and occasionally mid morning, Mid Morning from Wolverhampton was equal. Morning NX11 was busier there was a few regulars who caught the Let's Go 11.

It does look bad for people who aren't from the West Midlands to see NX gain yet more dominance, there is no problem with independents running to compete as long as they behave themselves. If you don't you can't have any complaints. I mean Banga Buses aren't perfect but they have there own routes and are doing well. They have gained a few of NX to in the 81 and the 5/5A.
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on June 09, 2024, 01:58:39 PMI've seen pictures on this site of Igo buses on the 63, 64 or 65 maybe It was the 61 or 62. But they have certainly Operated the 53, not sure on the 26A that Diamond run of an evening, the 80, 303, 65 in Darlaston and other routes like that. The 80 used Small Solo SR's, The 303 and 65 the Primo's and occasionally Solo SR's on the 65 the 53 used the Solo's to.

So when are TE/Let's Go expected to loose the 303 and the other tendered services. The only really losses are the tendered work and maybe the customers who did wait for them on the 1 and the 11. There 1 journeys did run whenever they wanted so it was never wise to use them to see if the NX1 would be late. The one time I actually wanted to use them when NX were on Strike they never bothered to turn up. I had to get Banga both ways including being picked up on the Chapel Ash Island which the driver wasn't supposed to serve but due to about 5 of us waiting he stopped. The only time there 1 was ever busy was at School times on an Afternoon still didn't really help the NX1 being absolutely rammed. So no loss there and the 11 again is served by NX and whenever I saw the 11 of a Morning and occasionally mid morning, Mid Morning from Wolverhampton was equal. Morning NX11 was busier there was a few regulars who caught the Let's Go 11.

It does look bad for people who aren't from the West Midlands to see NX gain yet more dominance, there is no problem with independents running to compete as long as they behave themselves. If you don't you can't have any complaints. I mean Banga Buses aren't perfect but they have there own routes and are doing well. They have gained a few of NX to in the 81 and the 5/5A.
IGO never ran the 63 64 65 in Wolverhampton

The routes IGO ran in Wolverhampton was the 22/50/57/53/61

The 63 64 65 circuit originally started as 64 and 63 when midland had it and it would go 64 Wakeley Hill then changed into at Mount Road into a 63 through Warstones and Bradmore back into Wolverhampton then New Cross Wednesfield to Fordhouses

The 65 started after Arriva re routed the 68 Wolverhampton to Cannock through new invention and Walsall community transport use to do the 65 from Wolverhampton to Long Knowle (Blackwood Avenue) until 2pm Monday to Friday

Then they split the 64/63 up into single routes
64 the Wakeley Hill circular
63 to Oxbarn Avenue

With the lost of the Wolverhampton to Fordhouses 63 bit they re routed the 57 to serve park village and Victoria road in Wednesfield and they extend the 65 to Fordhouses adding in the Bentley Bridge loop from new cross
Wolverhampton Veg 😎

Rachvince53

Yep. They also later reversed the direction of loop on the 64 meaning it went up Mount Road and then down Wakeley Hill. This was not long after new stop flags and a requested bus shelter had been erected on the other direction. Now only the 751 NX West Brom operated school service between Bilston and Smestow School uses that side. 

Service 613 (now mostly the 65) was originally operated by Stevensons and was operated by WMT using MCW Metroriders after their services were acquired.  

Westy

Quote from: Rachvince53 on June 09, 2024, 06:02:10 PMYep. They also later reversed the direction of loop on the 64 meaning it went up Mount Road and then down Wakeley Hill. This was not long after new stop flags and a requested bus shelter had been erected on the other direction. Now only the 751 NX West Brom operated school service between Bilston and Smestow School uses that side.

Service 613 (now mostly the 65) was originally operated by Stevensons and was operated by WMT using MCW Metroriders after their services were acquired. 
That reminds me, did WMT's operation of the 303 come as a result of acquiring Stevensons WM operations or was it won by WMT themselves in the first place?

Rachvince53

Quote from: Westy on June 09, 2024, 10:50:43 PMThat reminds me, did WMT's operation of the 303 come as a result of acquiring Stevensons WM operations or was it won by WMT themselves in the first place?
Acquiring Stevensons I think. 

Westy

Quote from: Rachvince53 on June 10, 2024, 07:23:07 AMAcquiring Stevensons I think.
Thought as much.

There's a few routes from that time, where you didnt expect WMT to operate, that could only come from acqustitions.

The Bridgnorth route, that wasnt the 890(now 9!), 537 was it, that was one ?

Rachvince53

Quote from: Westy on June 10, 2024, 09:14:39 AMThought as much.

There's a few routes from that time, where you didnt expect WMT to operate, that could only come from acqustitions.

The Bridgnorth route, that wasnt the 890(now 9!), 537 was it, that was one ?
The Sunday service on the 890 was taken over by MRW from MRN. I think WMT may have operated it on Sundays for a time before it was taken over by Choice Travel.  Midland Rider ran the 516/517 before being taken by Choice Travel.  Choice also extended/replaced some journeys to Bridgnorth as the 816/817 for a time.

The 537 was indeed operated by WMT for a time. It was partly replaced by the Choice Travel operated 880 which ran between Perton and Penkridge with occasional extensions to Stafford I think? if I recall. Can't remember which way the 537 ran.

Another route WMT took over was the 580 which ran as now between Kidderminster and Kinver but under WMT it continued into Wolverhampton via Wombourne.

Stu

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on June 09, 2024, 01:58:39 PMSo when are TE/Let's Go expected to loose the 303 and the other tendered services. The only really losses are the tendered work and maybe the customers who did wait for them on the 1 and the 11.
Getting this back on topic...

As discussed earlier a few pages back now, the operator licence is revoked after Sunday 16th June, so Lets Go cannot legally operate any bus services after that date.

Tony has already said a new operator will be taking over the TfWM contracts, though who this will be has not yet been announced, but I assume this will be from 17th June.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Stu on June 10, 2024, 11:26:29 PMGetting this back on topic...

As discussed earlier a few pages back now, the operator licence is revoked after Sunday 16th June, so Lets Go cannot legally operate any bus services after that date.

Tony has already said a new operator will be taking over the TfWM contracts, though who this will be has not yet been announced, but I assume this will be from 17th June.
Ah right I wasn't sure on the date so this week is there last week 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

Rachvince53

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on June 11, 2024, 10:45:29 AMAh right I wasn't sure on the date so this week is there last week
Yep. I believe the company could be restarted on a new license but the current managers could not be involved in any capacity.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Rachvince53 on June 11, 2024, 01:05:04 PMYep. I believe the company could be restarted on a new license but the current managers could not be involved in any capacity.
They shouldn't be allowed to if they have been found guilty they shouldn't be allowed to restart new managers or not the owner is responsible for knowing this was happening and could have stopped it and didn't 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

Rachvince53

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on June 11, 2024, 01:22:18 PMThey shouldn't be allowed to if they have been found guilty they shouldn't be allowed to restart new managers or not the owner is responsible for knowing this was happening and could have stopped it and didn't
True. Any new application would no doubt take this into account but there would also need to be a clear explanation as to why the license was refused. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk