News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Election Day Mayoral Pledges.

Started by wembley86, May 02, 2024, 11:50:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackCountryBusSpotter

This is why I've given up moaning about Buses for example 4456 I think was due to be my 79 home and it was fire in West Bromwich NX moved a Platty over and that was our bus home, but there could be other issues causing buses to be late 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

winston

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on May 08, 2024, 12:48:15 PMThis is why I've given up moaning about Buses for example 4456 I think was due to be my 79 home and it was fire in West Bromwich NX moved a Platty over and that was our bus home, but there could be other issues causing buses to be late
4456 was scrapped in October 2022. It that the most recent example you've got...

j789

Quote from: winston on May 08, 2024, 10:48:53 AMRichard Parker seems to think he'll have bus franchising up & running in the WM within 2 years... We'll see! 🤔
I foresee these headlines appearing in the next few years:

LABOUR MAYOR ASKS FOR REFUND FOR THE MAGICAL SEEDS HE BOUGHT - APPARENTLY MONEY TREES DON'T ACTUALLY GROW MONEY ON THEM!

NO LECCY, NO LIKEY! LABOUR REALISES THAT NATIONALISING THE UTILITIES DOESN'T WORK AND IS A TAD EXPENSIVE.

(The following day's headline) PARKER'S ELECTRIC BUSES SIT IDLE AS UNFORTUNATELY THEY CAN'T RUN ON ONLY HIS HOT AIR!

(Followed closely by...) DIESEL IS BACK! PARKER SIGNS DEAL WITH WYTHALL TRANSPORT MUSEUM TO GET REPLACEMENT VEHICLES FOR HIS ELECTRICS.

LABOUR DECIDES TO NATIONALISE ITSELF!!!

(And in 4 years time hopefully!!!) STREET'S AHEAD, AT LAST THIS NIGHTMARE CAN END 🤣🤣🤣

Straightlines

Quote from: j789 on May 08, 2024, 05:32:04 PMI foresee these headlines appearing in the next few years:

LABOUR MAYOR ASKS FOR REFUND FOR THE MAGICAL SEEDS HE BOUGHT - APPARENTLY MONEY TREES DON'T ACTUALLY GROW MONEY ON THEM!

NO LECCY, NO LIKEY! LABOUR REALISES THAT NATIONALISING THE UTILITIES DOESN'T WORK AND IS A TAD EXPENSIVE.

(The following day's headline) PARKER'S ELECTRIC BUSES SIT IDLE AS UNFORTUNATELY THEY CAN'T RUN ON ONLY HIS HOT AIR!

(Followed closely by...) DIESEL IS BACK! PARKER SIGNS DEAL WITH WYTHALL TRANSPORT MUSEUM TO GET REPLACEMENT VEHICLES FOR HIS ELECTRICS.

(And in 4 years time hopefully!!!) STREET'S AHEAD, AT LAST THIS NIGHTMARE CAN END 🤣🤣🤣
I'm not sure it's worth getting so upset about, no matter who controls the buses you'll always have a steering wheel waiting for you! 

Isle of Stroma

QuoteI foresee these headlines appearing in the next few years:

Because 45 years of the right wing sh!tshow (& the bleeding idiots that vote for more of the same) has made the country such a wonderful place...

j789

Quote from: Isle of Stroma on May 08, 2024, 06:41:42 PMBecause 45 years of the right wing sh!tshow (& the bleeding idiots that vote for more of the same) has made the country such a wonderful place...

Yes of course during those apparently 45 years how many far-left wing governments have been successful, ANYWHERE?

And I think compared to many other countries, (look at the US or France for example) we still do live in a decent country, plenty of people still see us as a safe haven. I'm sure Venezuela have some vacancies if Britain is such a hell hole for you.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: winston on May 08, 2024, 03:28:26 PM4456 was scrapped in October 2022. It that the most recent example you've got...
Yes because people were moaning and I distincly remember hearing about a bus on fire in West Bromwich from a family member who saw it was the 79 and were making sure I was OK. People were moaning that the 79 was late, I hadn't been waiting for long before so I didn't know, before long they moved a Platty over. Another time was when there was a diversion in Wednesbury this year of the 79 people were again moaning at West Bromwich this time about the bus being late and then two rocking up. Until we got to Wednesbury and they saw why. I had already known about them as I had to get some stuff from West Brom. People were asking the Supervisor in Wolverhampton were is the 79 he probably knew it was 4456 he might not have, but he said there was a bus fire in West Bromwich buses are late the bus your waiting for was stuck behind it.

I also remember getting on a 79 during the Tram being down and we got to Eagle Street and a bloke gets on our bus was on time and he says go on where are the buses now whats the reason now. I knew the regulars on the 79 I caught always saw and had done before I got it everyday had seen the same faces getting on it for years. That was it it was during a mixture of Roadworks in Bilston and Driver shortage and he gave our Driver abuse. I turned around to the bloke next to me who shook his head and I told him it is cus if idiots like him that bus drivers are leaving abusive passengers, constant stress due to poor Roadworks and other factors and he agreed and said but if the Driver says anything back he is the one in trouble. What did that bloke want the bus to magic out of thin air if they ay enough drivers what does he want to happen. I think I heard him say this bloke it exactly hard to find someone to drive a bus I could drive it myself.

Some people just expect buses or anything to be on time, but they don't realise there is traffic, Roadworks, Accidents or in places like Birmingham the A38 today is having technical issues so that is causing absolute carnage. ASB and other factors all play a factor as to why your bus is late. People don't seem to think the Driver doesn't want to be late either chances are if they are 10-15 minutes late they are going to be that late for the rest of his shift, 10-15 minutes ultimately might become later as the evening rush builds up that means they might be 30-40 minutes late finishing their shift and going back home to see there families, they also like you have a house to get to and families to see or the bus driver is late like you getting to work or to there next duty. The difference is unlike the passengers when we get off we aren't far from home. The Driver is at work they might have to do the return journey or a Few more get out sign out, Go back to the Garage and do whatever they need to do there, maybe pick up there car or go back and wait for there bus home

Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

Tony

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on May 08, 2024, 07:05:50 PMYes because people were moaning and I distincly remember hearing about a bus on fire in West Bromwich from a family member who saw it was the 79 and were making sure I was OK. People were moaning that the 79 was late, I hadn't been waiting for long before so I didn't know, before long they moved a Platty over. Another time was when there was a diversion in Wednesbury this year of the 79 people were again moaning at West Bromwich this time about the bus being late and then two rocking up. Until we got to Wednesbury and they saw why. I had already known about them as I had to get some stuff from West Brom
If you have to refer to an incident that happened over 2 years ago, 4456 last ran in March 2022, then reliability cannot be that bad

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Tony on May 08, 2024, 07:12:49 PMIf you have to refer to an incident that happened over 2 years ago, 4456 last ran in March 2022, then reliability cannot be that bad
It was one I could think of at the time I put more in since. I only distinctively remember as my family weren't sure if I was on the 79 that caught fire in West Bromwich, otherwise I would have gone this year or sometime last. 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

LD713821

When franchising happens in WM, do u think they will follow London or Manchester's method?

London: Operators have their own depot and bid for routes
Manchester: Council owns the depot and the vehicles and the operator bids for it

^ think thats how they work, correct me if im wrong

Tony

Quote from: LD713821 on May 08, 2024, 07:25:40 PMWhen franchising happens in WM, do u think they will follow London or Manchester's method?

London: Operators have their own depot and bid for routes
Manchester: Council owns the depot and the vehicles and the operator bids for it

^ think thats how they work, correct me if im wrong
Manchester: TfWM only own certain depots and buses

Stu

Quote from: winston on May 08, 2024, 10:48:53 AMRichard Parker seems to think he'll have bus franchising up & running in the WM within 2 years... We'll see! 🤔
I thought I saw in another article - possibly on the Birmingham Mail - that he had said within 3 years.

This has been mooted for some time though, I wouldn't be surprised if TfWM already have plans at a very advanced stage, hence the recent purchase of NX's Walsall garage by the WMCA.

I still also believe that this would be going ahead even if Andy Street was voted back in.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on May 08, 2024, 07:36:14 PMI thought I saw in another article - possibly on the Birmingham Mail - that he had said within 3 years.

This has been mooted for some time though, I wouldn't be surprised if TfWM already have plans at a very advanced stage, hence the recent purchase of NX's Walsall garage by the WMCA.

I still also believe that this would be going ahead even if Andy Street was voted back in.
Yes, I know Labour Councillors who actually praised Andy Street for doing a good job during his tenure, but he would have been fighting a losing battle for getting money for anything other than franchising with the expected Labour government

Westy

Quote from: Steve3229vp on May 08, 2024, 08:50:34 AMYes I was stuck in that this morning, I pleaded with the bus driver on the 907 to go onto the bus lanes but he said no it's a designated route, meanwhile x51/936/997 were using bus lanes. Before I asked him 4863 was on the 51 right in front of us at Perry Barr Bragg Road and he got into City only a few mins late whereas our 907 was nearly 30 mins late.
According to my sister, who had to go into Brum today for a work related course, she had picked up the first from Cannock X51 at Leamore, which didnt arrive into city until about 815am, because of the issues.

BBS

QuoteIf you have to refer to an incident that happened over 2 years ago, 4456 last ran in March 2022, then reliability cannot be that bad
Thing is people are moaning about the 79 not being reliable when the Wolverhampton 1 is far more unreliable 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk