News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Service 29 vandalism and anti-social behaviour affecting Walsall buses

Started by I love Walsall buses, October 25, 2021, 07:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hlliwmai

markcf83

They'll probably enjoy that.....and I don't mean the little yobbos!
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Westy

Quote from: MW on January 24, 2024, 06:42:26 PMThis is what TfWM have sent out to bidders. (Removed at the request of TfWM)
Drat. Should've took a screenshot!

Stu

Quote from: hlliwmai on January 25, 2024, 12:13:08 PMYES!!!! They have finally realised to say I am overjoyed is a little bit of an understatement  :grin: :grin: :grin:
I find your 'joy' at this situation deeply disturbing.

To be honest I don't blame Chaserider for terminating this contract early, however the conditions that TfWM have now set out for its replacement will mean it will be difficult to get other operators to submit bids.

What happens if no operator submits a bid? Does the service then end up withdrawn completely?

I hope you don't know anyone who actually relies on this service, who might be concerned if it is going to continue at all. Because they might not be as overjoyed as you are.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Jack

Quote from: Stu on January 25, 2024, 07:00:23 PMI find your 'joy' at this situation deeply disturbing.

To be honest I don't blame Chaserider for terminating this contract early, however the conditions that TfWM have now set out for its replacement will mean it will be difficult to get other operators to submit bids.

What happens if no operator submits a bid? Does the service then end up withdrawn completely?

I hope you don't know anyone who actually relies on this service, who might be concerned if it is going to continue at all. Because they might not be as overjoyed as you are.

I agree, never heard someone sound immature and childish over a tender finishing early. I also agree, i'm sure the regular passngers won't be happy, i'm sure they wasn't happy enough when Chaserider stopped running till 6pm because of a minority.

Maybe Chaserider should've looked into what they was getting themselves into before chickening out!

hlliwmai

Quote from: Stu on January 25, 2024, 07:00:23 PMI find your 'joy' at this situation deeply disturbing.

Well actually I'm NOT the only one who finds it delightful, the drivers on the Walsall rota at Chaserider are overjoyed it's going! Because they know that they don't have to put up with smashed windows and grief anymore and for your information NO I thankfully don't know anyone who has to rely on the service and quite honestly I'm glad I don't neither because I wouldn't want anyone I know to be showered in glass or what have you

Westy

hlliwmai

Quote from: Jack on January 25, 2024, 07:03:01 PMI agree, never heard someone sound immature and childish over a tender finishing early. I also agree, i'm sure the regular passngers won't be happy, i'm sure they wasn't happy enough when Chaserider stopped running till 6pm because of a minority.

Maybe Chaserider should've looked into what they was getting themselves into before chickening out!

Read my response!! #keyboardwarrior

Jack

hlliwmai

Quote from: Jack on January 26, 2024, 12:20:18 AMSays the one who's 'overjoyed' about a tender finishing.

Did you read it probably NOT!! 

FYI 

I'm NOT the only one who finds it delightful, the drivers on the Walsall rota at Chaserider are overjoyed it's going! Because they know that they don't have to put up with smashed windows and grief anymore

Jack

Quote from: hlliwmai on January 26, 2024, 12:36:52 AMDid you read it probably NOT!!

FYI

I'm NOT the only one who finds it delightful, the drivers on the Walsall rota at Chaserider are overjoyed it's going! Because they know that they don't have to put up with smashed windows and grief anymore
You say that then to the regulars of the 19 who have already had a service cut in the afternoon. Doubt they are as delightful.

Wumpty

I completely agree @Stu and with @Jack - ridiculous comments like that serve no purpose and the only people that lose out are the passengers of Forest, Goscote and Ryecroft who, potentially, lose a socially-necessary service.

Quote from: hlliwmai on January 26, 2024, 12:36:52 AMDid you read it probably NOT!!

FYI

@hlliwmai I'm sure that drivers can speak for themselves and I'm sure there is relief, though your repeat insistence of joy and delight are disturbing. There is a very fine balance between providing a service, public safety and commercial loss to the bus company. There is NO quick fix to this, though NX will continue to run 29, as far as is safe and practicable, to cover some of the area.

TfWM have a very difficult task to find an operator that will meet the minimum revised tender requirements and stand any loss incurred where these requirements have been fulfilled, though still sustain damage/losses.

There are additional meetings taking place today and over the weekend between key stakeholders to look at further contingencies should no operator be forthcoming.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

hlliwmai

Quote from: Wumpty on January 26, 2024, 09:46:35 AMI completely agree @Stu and with @Jack - ridiculous comments like that serve no purpose and the only people that lose out are the passengers of Forest, Goscote and Ryecroft who, potentially, lose a socially-necessary service.
@hlliwmai I'm sure that drivers can speak for themselves and I'm sure there is relief, though your repeat insistence of joy and delight are disturbing. There is a very fine balance between providing a service, public safety and commercial loss to the bus company. There is NO quick fix to this, though NX will continue to run 29, as far as is safe and practicable, to cover some of the area.

TfWM have a very difficult task to find an operator that will meet the minimum revised tender requirements and stand any loss incurred where these requirements have been fulfilled, though still sustain damage/losses.

There are additional meetings taking place today and over the weekend between key stakeholders to look at further contingencies should no operator be forthcoming.

Quite honestly I don't give a monkeys what you or anyone else on this forum thinks of my opinion it's valid and that's it! & I hope no one does take it on because it's like I said to Andy Street before Christmas, the route needs to be scrapped altogether it's dangerous a driver that I'm good friends with was driving it before Christmas (mid November-ish) and there was an incident on the bus between 2 passengers (can't remember the exact details) it later transpired that one of those passengers had a knife and had threatened the other! So yes I think that is good reason for it to scrapped altogether and if you don't agree then I think you need to give your head a wobble! 

Jack

Quote from: hlliwmai on January 26, 2024, 10:52:27 AMQuite honestly I don't give a monkeys what you or anyone else on this forum thinks of my opinion it's valid and that's it! & I hope no one does take it on because it's like I said to Andy Street before Christmas, the route needs to be scrapped altogether it's dangerous a driver that I'm good friends with was driving it before Christmas (mid November-ish) and there was an incident on the bus between 2 passengers (can't remember the exact details) it later transpired that one of those passengers had a knife and had threatened the other! So yes I think that is good reason for it to scrapped altogether and if you don't agree then I think you need to give your head a wobble!
It isn't valid though but you have to have the last word don't you, you need a reality check and maybe you should drive to make up your own opinions instead of using others.

hlliwmai

Quote from: Jack on January 26, 2024, 01:28:02 PMIt isn't valid though but you have to have the last word don't you, you need a reality check and maybe you should drive to make up your own opinions instead of using others.

Oh look another #keyboardwarrior 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk