News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Service 29 vandalism and anti-social behaviour affecting Walsall buses

Started by I love Walsall buses, October 25, 2021, 07:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Quote from: hlliwmai on January 22, 2024, 10:17:36 AMSo, it's STILL happening then...on the basis of this there is no way that Chaserider will revert the 19 back to it's original timetable, I hope at some point Chaserider decide they are pulling off the route altogether and I hope that no other operator wants to take it on and the route is scrapped indefinitely
It's up to TfWM if they want the route to be continue to be operated.

Chaserider should've known what they was going into when they bidded for it!

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: hlliwmai on January 22, 2024, 10:17:36 AMSo, it's STILL happening then...on the basis of this there is no way that Chaserider will revert the 19 back to it's original timetable, I hope at some point Chaserider decide they are pulling off the route altogether and I hope that no other operator wants to take it on and the route is scrapped indefinitely
Probably go back to NX, who will save the day before they to say to TFWM that now they are losing more Buses than before to yobs. When an E200 and B7 are off the road with broken windows. 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

monkeyjoe

Find the parents of culprits and evict them or end tenancy's , I bet they are known and have been warned.

Rachvince53

And the passengers who lose their bus service? Not all  of the residents are targeting buses so why should they lose out because of a minority? 

hlliwmai

Quote from: Rachvince53 on January 23, 2024, 10:09:50 AMAnd the passengers who lose their bus service? Not all  of the residents are targeting buses so why should they lose out because of a minority?

Because it's like I said to my partner yesterday we don't know that the parents of these imbred little shits who are causing the damage are not using the 19 themselves and are aware of what they're vile brats are doing & allowing them to do it; granted maybe it is unfair for everybody else BUT sometimes these companies have got to do the correct thing for safety of staff and passengers; so IF  Chaserider do pull the plug and then it transpires that no one else wants to operate it (wouldn't blame the other companies if they didn't) then that's that it's a little bit tough at the top as harsh as that may sound

Jack

Quote from: Rachvince53 on January 23, 2024, 10:09:50 AMAnd the passengers who lose their bus service? Not all  of the residents are targeting buses so why should they lose out because of a minority?
Yep, in that same wording about the 19, you may as well expect NX to stop the 29 and leave the complete area unserved and people stranded because of a minority.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

And they are doing it again it was tweeted 14 minutes ago so hadn't even gone 6PM 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

MW

MW

Quote from: MW on January 24, 2024, 06:38:15 PMThe 19 has gone out to tender this afternoon.

This is what TfWM have sent out to bidders. (Removed at the request of TfWM)

ellspurs

Stu

Quote from: MW on January 24, 2024, 06:42:26 PMThis is what TfWM have sent out to bidders. Might be of interest to some of you.

Who in their right mind would bid on this contract?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Mike K

What a desperate state of affairs to have to run a bus service. Whoever has to drive that route in the evening should be paid danger money.

Westy

Here's a suggestion.

TfWm buy the buses, fit them out to the specfications, then rent them out to the relavant operator.

(Don't some authorities do something similar with Park & Ride contracts?)

hlliwmai

YES!!!! They have finally realised to say I am overjoyed is a little bit of an understatement  :grin: :grin: :grin:

karl724223

West midland police are now running the service using riot minibuses

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk