News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Dudley Bus Station

Started by 2900, October 28, 2023, 10:06:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Was a bit surprised to see a notice up informing passengers about the forthcoming closure of Dudley bus station, inside one of Yardley Wood's vehicles!

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

ellspurs

2-3 years is being very optimistic!

mesub

Quote from: Stu on December 19, 2023, 06:34:54 PMWas a bit surprised to see a notice up informing passengers about the forthcoming closure of Dudley bus station, inside one of Yardley Wood's vehicles!

They're also in BC vehicles!
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

SuperSonic07

Quote from: mesub on December 19, 2023, 08:54:29 PMThey're also in BC vehicles!
I saw one in a PB vehicle the other day
Local Routes: 5, 16, 28, 51, 52, 61, X51
Localish Routes: 11A, 11C, 16A, 25, 33, 54, 54A, 907, 934, 935, 936, 937, 937A, 997

Westy

Rachvince53

And need repairs/modifications almost immediately! 

BMJ1970

The information on TFWM is rubbish, it should be prominent on the buses section of the website. And then after hunting for it, all they provide Is a Web link a about the project and a map of the stops, but no details of what buses stop where?  The only decent info is on the NX site.  

Stu

Quote from: BMJ1970 on January 06, 2024, 08:30:31 PMThe information on TFWM is rubbish, it should be prominent on the buses section of the website. And then after hunting for it, all they provide Is a Web link a about the project and a map of the stops, but no details of what buses stop where?  The only decent info is on the NX site. 

https://wmbu.org.uk/2023/12/bus-stop-changes-in-dudley-from-14th-january-2024
My locals:

karl724223

Last day tomorrow 
Just a reminder 

karl724223

Well that's me last service bus out of Dudley after nearly 34 years 

karl724223

Shaplifters have complained about where the new stops are they are complaining they have further to run to get the buses to get away 

RSPCA been up Dudley concerned about where the rots are going to live after being evicted 

Stu

I took a trip to Dudley today to pay my last respects to the bus station.

I know I haven't been there for a few years now, but my, what a dump. I actually felt like I'd travelled back in time.

It was all the same as I remember from before, I even remembered where I needed to get buses back to Birmingham from. Even most of the signage was still in the old Centro/Network West Midlands style.

Only thing different I could see were the real-time displays at each stand, but even then the one at the 126 stop was wrong, stuck at 14:46 showing a 126 due in 3mins, although it was just past 3pm.

On arrival at the bus station, I was greeted by the sight of a police car and several officers blocking a 74, there were passengers on board and there appeared to be two officers on the bus talking to a man sat on the rear seats.

Went for a walk around the town centre while I was there, wasn't surprised to see cars parked on the tram tracks right next to the mosque.  :undecided:

It's a real shame as I used to enjoy going into Dudley when I was younger, looks more like a warzone than a 'regeneration project'.

Travelled into Dudley hoping to feel a bit nostalgic, left there feeling glad that bus station is being demolished.

My locals:

Rachvince53

Sadly the bus station has been neglected for years, mirroring much of the surrounding town. While the market continues,  most of the high street names (eg M&S) have long since moved to Merry Hill.  

Mayfield

Sounds like they need to widen the area of demolition 

Stu

Quote from: karl724223 on January 13, 2024, 01:55:39 PMRSPCA been up Dudley concerned about where the rots are going to live after being evicted
What about the poor pigeons? :laugh:

You cannot view this attachment.
My locals:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk