News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Service 29 vandalism and anti-social behaviour affecting Walsall buses

Started by I love Walsall buses, October 25, 2021, 07:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

I know you won't release the name, to save their embarassment, but I do hope it's a 'minor' journalist & not a 'name' at BBC Birmingham?

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Justin Tyme on January 03, 2024, 09:57:39 PMOne can only hope that they are looking at the impact on passengers, drivers and bus operators, but I won't hold my breath on that.

Perhaps a response along the lines of "I haven't, but it would be worth you sending a camera crew there yourself"?

If what we read is accurate, they wouldn't have long to wait ...
The moment the Camera Crew get attacked or the bus there on gets bricked they will realise
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Westy

Just spoken to my other WB based sister, who is a member of a Blakenall based FB group, & she says cameras have been reported as being around there.

Might be worth a look later?

Stu

Quote from: Westy on January 07, 2024, 12:57:14 PMJust spoken to my other WB based sister, who is a member of a Blakenall based FB group, & she says cameras have been reported as being around there.

Might be worth a look later?
BBC film crew doing a report, hence why they got in contact with me.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

Quote from: Stu on January 07, 2024, 01:41:56 PMBBC film crew doing a report, hence why they got in contact with me.

Did they say it was for local news or a network thing?

Mayfield

ellspurs

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/black-country/bus-services-diverted-routes-yobs-28409262

Article link.

The councillor complaining about people losing out on bus services, why aren't you out in the evenings to observe this?

Westy

BlackCountryBusSpotter

There has been clips on the morning news, Chaserider E200 in the Centre Bus Livery on the 19 no NX seen 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Stu

BBC article on this (this is by the journalist that contacted me):
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c842qgje5xno

QuoteCouncillor Pete Smith, who has raised the issue for debate at a meeting on Monday, said residents were losing out because of the vandalism and called for services to resume as soon as possible.
"This area depends a lot more on buses because we are not a rich area, we haven't got as many cars per household," he said.
"This bus service is very well used and people are suffering and that's wrong.
"People have told me they're having to get taxis to get to work and they can't afford it. People are angry.

It's quite simple really - deal with the yob youths, stop the vandalism, then the bus services can get back to normal.

Don't be angry with the bus operators, direct your anger at the councillors, police, and parents of these feral kids; they are the ones that have failed you and let this situation get out of control.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Wumpty

Quote from: Stu on January 08, 2024, 07:10:54 PMBBC article on this (this is by the journalist that contacted me):

It's quite simple really - deal with the yob youths, stop the vandalism, then the bus services can get back to normal.

Don't be angry with the bus operators, direct your anger at the councillors, police, and parents of these feral kids; they are the ones that have failed you and let this situation get out of control.
Pete Smith is an Independent, not affiliated to any of the major parties so sees himself as a man of the people.

He doesn't want to call out the locals for fear of losing his seat so vents his political spleen at the big bad bus companies for cutting services and leaving residents stranded.

I agree with @Stu that it IS a simple equation - problem is that police are too soft and the politicians too ignorant.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Tony

Quote from: Wumpty on January 08, 2024, 08:40:21 PMPete Smith is an Independent, not affiliated to any of the major parties so sees himself as a man of the people.

He doesn't want to call out the locals for fear of losing his seat so vents his political spleen at the big bad bus companies for cutting services and leaving residents stranded.

I agree with @Stu that it IS a simple equation - problem is that police are too soft and the politicians too ignorant.
The police aren't the problem, it is the courts.

Wumpty

Quote from: Tony on January 08, 2024, 08:57:48 PMThe police aren't the problem, it is the courts.
The police need to be more of a deterrent (I'm sure I've posted about this earlier).

Granted, it's the probability of a prosecution that's the pivot, though police must take some responsibility.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

karl724223

Start prosecuting the parents they are responsible for the inbreads 

Westy

Quote from: Stu on January 08, 2024, 07:10:54 PMBBC article on this (this is by the journalist that contacted me):

Must admit I'm more of a Rebecca Wood fan, as she reminds me of Sophie Ellis Bextor!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk