News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Service 29 vandalism and anti-social behaviour affecting Walsall buses

Started by I love Walsall buses, October 25, 2021, 07:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachvince53

Quote from: Wba_lad on December 01, 2023, 03:58:57 PMDid a 29 get a window smashed last night does anyone know as I noticed they went on diversion or is this just a diversion they are doing like Chaserider was on the 19 to prevent the windows from getting broken.
The 29 is on diversion until further notice after a certain time. The 19 is currently ending at 3pm so is not on diversion. 

Tony

Quote from: Rachvince53 on December 01, 2023, 07:26:59 PMThe 29 is on diversion until further notice after a certain time. The 19 is currently ending at 3pm so is not on diversion.
No it isn't. It's diverted if it needs to be, still running via Coalpool Lane tonight

Westy

Quote from: Tony on December 01, 2023, 07:39:12 PMNo it isn't. It's diverted if it needs to be, still running via Coalpool Lane tonight
Perhaps the weather is detering them?

Westy

According to the NextDoor website/app (Facebook without the xxxx basically!), kids were hanging around the Beechdale shops yesterday, so bus drivers were avoiding that stop.

Is that correct?

Westy

From Chaserider social media.

'Good morning, following more anti-social activity along route 19 on Saturday between Walsall and Bloxwich we will not serve Blackenall today and will operate along main roads only. We will revert to normal route on Monday.'

Westy

Any further updates?

I take it as all is quiet at the moment, since the arrests?

Ginger66

apologies if this is a cross posting against topics 

Why as TfWM allowed Chaserider to stop services after 4pm on route 19 surely there are workers that would use bus services to get home from work.

Stu

Quote from: Ginger66 on December 18, 2023, 06:52:11 PMapologies if this is a cross posting against topics

Why as TfWM allowed Chaserider to stop services after 4pm on route 19 surely there are workers that would use bus services to get home from work.

Merged into existing topic on this subject.

Chaserider had discussions with TfWM about this, I don't know what exactly was discussed or argued, but Chaserider made a request which  TfWM have agreed to.

Presumably it was established that the worst of the vandalism was occurring after 4pm, and it was more prudent to take the vehicle out of service after 4pm as a preventative measure, rather than having to take the vehicle out of service once some yobs had put a brick through a window.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

The 29 terminating at the Walker Road / Harden Road mini roundabout, as there's ASB at the main Blakenall terminus tonight!

Westy

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Westy on December 30, 2023, 04:19:40 PMhttps://x.com/nxwestmidlands/status/1741120923061588087?s=20

Here we go again!
Wonder if it will be worse tonight with it being New Years Eve and Walsall presumably be busy so the Police will be stretched 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Westy

Seems, according to Twitter, something serious happened in Bushbury over Xmas.

Not going into too much detail on here, but if you are aware from there, you should be aware of the circumstances already!

Stu

BBC 'ghouls'. :undecided:

Just had the following email from someone at the BBC:

QuoteI'm a reporter for the BBC looking at the issue of bus services in Walsall being reduced/diverted due to anti social behaviour (such as bricks being thrown at buses). I'm trying to find out if there are any videos or photos of these incidents and an online search lead me to your page. 
I appreciate this might not be something you could help with.

Any interest in understanding the impacts of this 'anti-social behaviour' on innocent passengers being inconvenienced by this, or the bus operators facing bills to repair damaged vehicles?

No, just "got any videos or photos we can use?"

Disgusting. That's local journalism for you.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Stu on January 03, 2024, 09:04:46 PMBBC 'ghouls'. :undecided:

Just had the following email from someone at the BBC:

Any interest in understanding the impacts of this 'anti-social behaviour' on innocent passengers being inconvenienced by this, or the bus operators facing bills to repair damaged vehicles?

No, just "got any videos or photos we can use?"

Disgusting. That's local journalism for you.

One can only hope that they are looking at the impact on passengers, drivers and bus operators, but I won't hold my breath on that.

Perhaps a response along the lines of "I haven't, but it would be worth you sending a camera crew there yourself"?

If what we read is accurate, they wouldn't have long to wait ...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk