News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Jack

Quote from: Tony on November 29, 2023, 07:01:33 PM1845 ran the 18:25 journey
I know very well it did, boarded it 12 minutes was parked up doing nothing for ages. Just got off it 17 minutes late!

Tony

Quote from: Jack on November 29, 2023, 07:27:04 PMI know very well it did, boarded it 12 minutes was parked up doing nothing for ages. Just got off it 17 minutes late!
Well yes, sometimes when services are running very late the drivers have to have their legal 30 minute break before driving another bus

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Two 39's within 10 minutes of each other 855 I think and 1847 supposed to be every half an hour however As I got into Darlaston looks like the Traffic lights are causing queues plus I can't imagine the School run helped the 39. 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Stu

Moor Street looks heavily congested again. X1 now turning round at the Markets.

Had to go into city earlier this afternoon, I can see exactly what the problem is: both the Bullring and Selfridges car parks were full and attendants were directing cars away towards Moor Street.

This is a consequence of Birmingham City Council closing and demolishing several nearby car parks. Same volume of motorists want to drive into the city centre but now there are far fewer places to park, so these motorists now drive aimlessly around the convoluted network of roads, clogging them up which causes the buses to get held up and delayed.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

spacecowboy150

I dont get why people still drive into town its all a complicated 1 way system thats always congested

ellspurs

Quote from: spacecowboy150 on December 02, 2023, 09:37:24 PMI dont get why people still drive into town its all a complicated 1 way system thats always congested

The kind that has to when a sibling waits for a bus and it decides to skip the estate, like it did this evening.

https://bustimes.org/vehicles/tnxb-4942#journeys/510646091

When you got within the ring road it was just congestion on the main routes. I drove out towards Smethwick then came around the ring road to get back out.

Mike K

Quote from: Stu on December 02, 2023, 04:38:23 PMMoor Street looks heavily congested again. X1 now turning round at the Markets.

Had to go into city earlier this afternoon, I can see exactly what the problem is: both the Bullring and Selfridges car parks were full and attendants were directing cars away towards Moor Street.

This is a consequence of Birmingham City Council closing and demolishing several nearby car parks. Same volume of motorists want to drive into the city centre but now there are far fewer places to park, so these motorists now drive aimlessly around the convoluted network of roads, clogging them up which causes the buses to get held up and delayed.
Those responsible for town planning and road layout have a lot to answer for too. Birmingham city centre is an absolute shambles, I've never seen another city like it. England's second city and congestion to one car park, a broken down bus on one street or an accident in the Queensway tunnel and the entire city and all arterial routes into and our of the city grind to a complete halt. It's a joke. 

Quote from: ellspurs on December 02, 2023, 10:17:06 PMThe kind that has to when a sibling waits for a bus and it decides to skip the estate, like it did this evening.

https://bustimes.org/vehicles/tnxb-4942#journeys/510646091

When you got within the ring road it was just congestion on the main routes. I drove out towards Smethwick then came around the ring road to get back out.
More spotting from the sofa it seems.
What that doesn't tell you is whether the bus was actually in service.
I know sometimes when the service is late they run dead out of Chelmsley along the Chester Road and take up service at Ward End. Or even along the A47 to get back to the City.

It was probably adjusted to get it back on time.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ellspurs

My brother was stood at a stop on Auckland Drive. We checked bustimes before he left, saw the 95 come into Chelmsley Wood, change to a 94, then head back out along its route. He headed to the bus stop, and I went along with what I was doing, leaving the map open in a tab.

Five minutes later, I refreshed the page to double check that the bus had passed, and saw it at Morrisons. Checking the map it tracked straight up the Chester Road, bypassing Smith's Wood.

I phoned him, confirmed the bus hadn't come, then went and picked him up in my car and started to drive to the city centre. We passed the bus along the way, it was carrying passengers. 

Plus, I thought they had removed tracking of dead buses? If the driver has put "NIS" on, then it wouldn't be  shown tracking on the 94 route until it changed, right? If the driver put the 94 on at Chelmsley, then drove straight up the Chester Road to catch up time, then it's just skipping the route like the Claribels used to love to do.

Quote from: ellspurs on December 03, 2023, 12:19:49 AMMy brother was stood at a stop on Auckland Drive. We checked bustimes before he left, saw the 95 come into Chelmsley Wood, change to a 94, then head back out along its route. He headed to the bus stop, and I went along with what I was doing, leaving the map open in a tab.

Five minutes later, I refreshed the page to double check that the bus had passed, and saw it at Morrisons. Checking the map it tracked straight up the Chester Road, bypassing Smith's Wood.

I phoned him, confirmed the bus hadn't come, then went and picked him up in my car and started to drive to the city centre. We passed the bus along the way, it was carrying passengers.

Plus, I thought they had removed tracking of dead buses? If the driver has put "NIS" on, then it wouldn't be  shown tracking on the 94 route until it changed, right? If the driver put the 94 on at Chelmsley, then drove straight up the Chester Road to catch up time, then it's just skipping the route like the Claribels used to love to do.

Unscheduled dead runs  tend to track as the service number.
Your claim they are intentionally skipping the route is complete rubbish, i'm sure. The driver will probably have been instructed to take up service further along route

Do you really think these were in service to?
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/tnxb-4897?date=2023-12-01#journeys/510263043
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/tnxb-4906?date=2023-11-30#journeys/509818741

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ellspurs

Regardless of whether it was the driver's decision or the inspector's decision, there was no 94 on the Smith's Wood estate going to Birmingham for an hour on an early Saturday evening. 

The tracking shows three buses in a row were either missing or started at/skipped to Morrisons.  

Even with respect to what was going on in the city centre, that was poor planning. 

I know what the city centre traffic was like, as I had to sit through it to drop my brother off because the bus didn't show up. Seeing the bus in service as I drove him there gives the perception that the area was intentionally skipped. Saying I'm sitting on the sofa drooling over bustimes is absurd.

Quote from: ellspurs on December 03, 2023, 01:20:57 AMRegardless of whether it was the driver's decision or the inspector's decision, there was no 94 on the Smith's Wood estate going to Birmingham for an hour on an early Saturday evening.

The tracking shows three buses in a row were either missing or started at/skipped to Morrisons. 

Even with respect to what was going on in the city centre, that was poor planning.

I know what the city centre traffic was like, as I had to sit through it to drop my brother off because the bus didn't show up. Seeing the bus in service as I drove him there gives the perception that the area was intentionally skipped. Saying I'm sitting on the sofa drooling over bustimes is absurd.

Thats what happens when buses are running over half an hour late due to traffic conditions I guess. Also driver hours probably affects these sorts of decisions as the relief point is in the City to.
And you still say the area was intentionally skipped, seems like you just want to blame the driver.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: spacecowboy150 on December 02, 2023, 09:37:24 PMI dont get why people still drive into town its all a complicated 1 way system thats always congested

It wouldn't be an issue if they never pulled down a load of car parks in one small area. That and the bus gate on Moor Street Queensway needs removing, making traffic turn back and creates a gridlock. That and hardly anyone obeys it! May as well be removed.

I'm sick of having to finish work on a Saturday and get snarled up in the traffic in the City (particularly Digbeth), nothing gets diverted or moved and it's frustrating when you used to be move along there easily.

Solo1

It's only £4 to get to,/from Birmingham on the bus when you add price of petrol & parking charges it cheaper to get the bus if your on your own 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk