News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Hydrogen vehicles

Started by Tony, April 30, 2021, 06:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayfield

I see there's no hydrogens out again today, is it another fuel station issues ?

Justin Tyme

I have just noticed in the West Midlands Combined Authority Board minutes of its September meeting (here, page 18) that the 24 articulated buses for Sprint will now be electric instead of hydrogen.

The WMCA received approval from Department for Transport Ministers in July for the change.  The delivery timeline for the full project has been extended to May 2026.  The full project includes the 100 hydrogen non-articulated buses which are still on track to be hydrogen.

I cannot find any announcement about this - although I'm not surprised!  Regrettably there are still fundamentals that we don't know.  Is there an even just aspirational timescale for Sprint to actually start?

ellspurs

The "aspirational timescale" is 2192 at the rate they're going.

People in Walsall are complaining about the phase 2 of bus improvement measures.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/black-country/anger-over-sprint-bus-scheme-27871300

Mayfield

Sound like a good decision to swop hydrogen to electric, just need the the other 100 decision going the same way and the get shot of the 20 already in service and reliability 
of buses fit for service will go up.

Celestial Toymaker

Quote from: Mayfield on October 14, 2023, 11:18:22 PMSound like a good decision to swop hydrogen to electric, just need the the other 100 decision going the same way and the get shot of the 20 already in service and reliability
of buses fit for service will go up.
hopefully if The Hydrogens are still leased from BCC then likely they will be sold to raise money, in theory a better idea than the Electrics as i think they do more mileage, but lack of availability & restrictions over where they can & cannot operate
The Technology is too advanced too soon, Bio buses seemed a good idea, but also seems to have quietly died a death ??
3000 F300 XOF

like 3000 I do not exist anymore........ worth nothing as scrap either

Tony

Quote from: Celestial Toymaker on October 18, 2023, 06:02:09 PMhopefully if The Hydrogens are still leased from BCC then likely they will be sold to raise money, in theory a better idea than the Electrics as i think they do more mileage, but lack of availability & restrictions over where they can & cannot operate
The Technology is too advanced too soon, Bio buses seemed a good idea, but also seems to have quietly died a death ??
Bio buses are not zero emissions

PB50

Currently hard to spot a hydrogen this morning. Seems to be getting less and less again. 

Steve3229vp

Can we all just agree that a lack of Hydrogens out on service is no longer noteworthy, we all know there are problems, most of them well documented and largely out of NX's hands.

Tony

Quote from: Steve3229vp on October 19, 2023, 08:50:00 AMCan we all just agree that a lack of Hydrogens out on service is no longer noteworthy, we all know there are problems, most of them well documented and largely out of NX's hands.
Yes, ITM are trying to fix the compressors as we speak, so don't want any fuelling done today

Kevin_Brum12

Quote from: Celestial Toymaker on October 18, 2023, 06:02:09 PMhopefully if The Hydrogens are still leased from BCC then likely they will be sold to raise money, in theory a better idea than the Electrics as i think they do more mileage, but lack of availability & restrictions over where they can & cannot operate
If Birmingham City Council sold them the only buyers would be the ones with the kit to fuel them.  London is out as they aren't London spec so the only buyer would be NXWM methinks. 

Solo1

Will Walsall get it own refueling station for the hydrogens instead of driving down to tysley to fuel up

EK40

Quote from: Solo1 on October 22, 2023, 10:05:45 AMWill Walsall get it own refueling station for the hydrogens instead of driving down to tysley to fuel up
Thats been the plan all along 

Mayfield

I think it's one of Baldrick's cunning plans.

karl724223

Quote from: EK40 on October 22, 2023, 10:30:39 AMThats been the plan all along
Doubt it now they built new houses around the place 

don

Quote from: karl724223 on October 22, 2023, 02:41:22 PMDoubt it now they built new houses around the place
Don't speak too soon - I can think of one garage that runs services into Birmingham and has tons of open space - and no residential near it!! 
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk