News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

October Changes

Started by 2206, September 28, 2023, 01:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachvince53

Quote from: Westy on October 04, 2023, 10:39:43 PMWas there any reason why those areas were included in the first place?

Was it down to 'travel patterns', like most of the people in Codsall were commuting to Wolverhampton anyway, because there could be other areas, say Cannock for instance, where Nbus could've been extended.

(Obviously Little Aston, there is no other route in the area!)

I believe that these areas were included due to them being major commuter areas for people working in the TfWM (originally Centro) area.  I suspect that it was felt including Cannock etc would be beyond the remit of Centro. 

IMarkeh

Quote from: BNH2004 on October 07, 2023, 07:45:49 PMIt tells you the exact route under the timetable, it shows the 5 going down Newhampton Road East and 5A going past Molineux
Passengers shouldn't have to read the route description below to see that it's very different routes. Bus travel needs to be made easier, not forcing people to read route descriptions.

cris 99

Does anyone know who's got the Sunday 71 from October?
17//72/73/97/X12

Westy

Quote from: IMarkeh on October 08, 2023, 09:53:20 AMPassengers shouldn't have to read the route description below to see that it's very different routes. Bus travel needs to be made easier, not forcing people to read route descriptions.
Least they put it on, unlike Nx!

Coventrybususer95

I see the cv19 removal is going down great in the canley community facebook page, emails are being sent to everyone it sounds like there not happy with how the 2 will be routed yet nx haven't announced the cv2 route 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Danthebusman

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on October 09, 2023, 10:18:15 PMI see the cv19 removal is going down great in the canley community facebook page, emails are being sent to everyone it sounds like there not happy with how the 2 will be routed yet nx haven't announced the cv2 route
They published about a new 85H service on 5th October, 4 days before it'd be introduced on Monday 9th October, so based off this there won't be a post until the 18th October.

ellspurs

Quote from: Danthebusman on October 10, 2023, 02:37:08 PMThey published about a new 85H service on 5th October, 4 days before it'd be introduced on Monday 9th October, so based off this there won't be a post until the 18th October.
To be fair the 85H looks like it was introduced due to overcrowding on the Rugby school services so that may explain the short notice for it (plus it's student only so the schools concerned were probably given the announcement directly).

Sh4318

The new 89 timetable for the 5th November has been released on tfwm.

I still have my doubts on whether this rerouting to Bearwood will bare the fruit required (no pun intended), but it certainly makes for some interesting journey opportunities

Excited to see now this goes
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

PB50

Is Walsall 9 service moving to Wolverhampton garage from Sunday 22nd October?

Westy

Quote from: PB50 on October 11, 2023, 09:47:59 PMIs Walsall 9 service moving to Wolverhampton garage from Sunday 22nd October?
Would that be the complete route or are they splitting it at Bloxwich again?

Lynx1103

Quote from: Westy on October 12, 2023, 04:52:13 AMWould that be the complete route or are they splitting it at Bloxwich again?

Full route of WA 9 moving to Wolverhampton 29 October. 

PB50

Quote from: Lynx1103 on October 12, 2023, 09:45:51 PMFull route of WA 9 moving to Wolverhampton 29 October.
Ok thanks for that. I assume Walsall garage will be sending buses over to be used on the service once Wolverhampton take it over.

Westy

Quote from: PB50 on October 13, 2023, 07:25:53 AMOk thanks for that. I assume Walsall garage will be sending buses over to be used on the service once Wolverhampton take it over.
It'll be interesting to see the resultant interworking, especially on Sundays, as service 35 'relies' on Service 9!

Rachvince53

Quote from: PB50 on October 13, 2023, 07:25:53 AMOk thanks for that. I assume Walsall garage will be sending buses over to be used on the service once Wolverhampton take it over.
The ex-CV ones and any on loan perhaps?

Stu

Maybe not, Wolverhampton loses the 5 which uses 3 buses, might have enough spares to cover the 9 (5 buses).

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk