News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

October Changes

Started by 2206, September 28, 2023, 01:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Must admit my boss asked me today about the 5, as he goes drinking in Codsall.

I said Banga was taking over, but there was no evening & Sunday service, so he'd have to use the train instead!

ellspurs

Quote from: Stu on October 03, 2023, 07:36:31 PMIt's quite astonishing reading.

"It's an important route for a lot of older people round here. I don't mind using Banga buses if that's what is going to replace it but I hope that services aren't reduced and that it continues to be as reliable as it is now.
The 86-year-old continued: "If I pay for a taxi, it will be £8 each way, that's £16 for the journey, that's expensive these days.

It'll cost £4.50 for a day ticket, same as it does now. Why would you need to get a taxi?

Pauline Daker, 86, a resident of Codsall, said: "I am really upset. This is going to have a huge impact on a lot of people. It's one of the lifelines of this area.
"This is my main route to get to Wolverhampton, when this goes how am I supposed to get there? I know there are the Banga buses, but it won't be the same.

Er, you get the Banga Bus instead? Yes, I know it won't be the same, with the Banga buses being different colours and all that.

Admittedly people may lose out with the loss of evening and Sunday journeys, but it's not the end of the world as being made out in the article.

And like with that other recent Birmingham Mail article, the media are again undermining the promotion that TfWM are undertaking to promote the nBus ticket and how it is valid on all bus services now.

Is the nBus valid in Codsall? It's in south Staffordshire, which is probably where half the problem lies.

Stu

Quote from: ellspurs on October 04, 2023, 03:59:01 PMIs the nBus valid in Codsall? It's in south Staffordshire, which is probably where half the problem lies.
Yes, the nBus area includes Codsall and Bilbrook, as well as some other areas just outside the West Midlands county.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

Quote from: Stu on October 04, 2023, 07:32:43 PMYes, the nBus area includes Codsall and Bilbrook, as well as some other areas just outside the West Midlands county.

Was there any reason why those areas were included in the first place?

Was it down to 'travel patterns', like most of the people in Codsall were commuting to Wolverhampton anyway, because there could be other areas, say Cannock for instance, where Nbus could've been extended.

(Obviously Little Aston, there is no other route in the area!)

The 54/54A will be rerouted to serve Devonshire Road and will no longer serve Eurpoa Village Monday to Saturday. Buses will also serve William Road and Hurst Road instead of The Oval.
The 89 will no longer serve Devonshire Road and will serve Portland Road, City Road, Sandon Road to its Rutland Road terminus.
The Diamond 61 is rerouted to serve Europa Village to replace the 54/54A services.

Upcoming Bus Service Changes | Transport for West Midlands (tfwm.org.uk)
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Owen

Bit of a long winded way to get to Bearwood, but it is a long winded route. They'll be 6 buses heading to Bearwood from city road then...

frostjay974

Quote from: 2206 on October 05, 2023, 07:19:46 PMThe 54/54A will be rerouted to serve Devonshire Road and will no longer serve Eurpoa Village Monday to Saturday. Buses will also serve William Road and Hurst Road instead of The Oval.
The 89 will no longer serve Devonshire Road and will serve Portland Road, City Road, Sandon Road to its Rutland Road terminus.
The Diamond 61 is rerouted to serve Europa Village to replace the 54/54A services.

Upcoming Bus Service Changes | Transport for West Midlands (tfwm.org.uk)
Will the 89 still serve Hales Lane or will that be replaced by the 54/54A as well?

Rachvince53

New 5/5A Wolverhampton to Codsall timetable available on Banga Buses website. 

hlliwmai

Could anyone i.e. @Tony confirm whether or not National Express are having the 45 Walsall - West Bromwich back from Diamond as there seems to be various comments floating around saying that Diamond are keeping it and other comments are saying National Express Walsall are taking it on but nothing concrete has actually been confirmed. Would you be able to confirm for definite please Tony? 

winston

Quote from: hlliwmai on October 06, 2023, 11:03:30 PMCould anyone i.e. @Tony confirm whether or not National Express are having the 45 Walsall - West Bromwich back from Diamond as there seems to be various comments floating around saying that Diamond are keeping it and other comments are saying National Express Walsall are taking it on but nothing concrete has actually been confirmed. Would you be able to confirm for definite please Tony?
Diamond Bus are now retaining the 45 Monday to Saturday daytimes, as they've taken it on commercially. 

The tender for the Mon-Sat evenings & Sunday daytime is still to be awarded. 

Westy

Quote from: winston on October 06, 2023, 11:35:28 PMDiamond Bus are now retaining the 45 Monday to Saturday daytimes, as they've taken it on commercially.

The tender for the Mon-Sat evenings & Sunday daytime is still to be awarded.
Is there no Sunday evening service now on the 45?

Owen

When will the 67A be on bustimes. 

Stu

Quote from: Owen on October 07, 2023, 05:32:26 PMWhen will the 67A be on bustimes.
When the BODS timetable feed is next updated.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

IMarkeh

Quote from: Rachvince53 on October 06, 2023, 09:55:26 AMNew 5/5A Wolverhampton to Codsall timetable available on Banga Buses website.
They really could make it easier to see that the 5A still goes via Dunstall Road. It looks rather confusing from the timetable and looks like the 5 and 5A go the exact same route between Wolverhampton Bus Station and Hordern Grove

BNH2004

Quote from: IMarkeh on October 07, 2023, 07:37:49 PMThey really could make it easier to see that the 5A still goes via Dunstall Road. It looks rather confusing from the timetable and looks like the 5 and 5A go the exact same route between Wolverhampton Bus Station and Hordern Grove
It tells you the exact route under the timetable, it shows the 5 going down Newhampton Road East and 5A going past Molineux

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk