News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Stagecoach in Birmingham

Started by monkeyjoe, December 08, 2022, 10:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBS

QuoteCorrect, one serious. As you say the photo suggests the car swerved into the path of the bus.
So is there any chances of That bus surviving? I see it's a ex leamington which just joined rugby 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

markcf83

Quote from: BBS on June 01, 2023, 08:06:35 PMSo is there any chances of That bus surviving? I see it's a ex leamington which just joined rugby
I've seen far worse damaged than this repaired-one of them locally to me in South Wales.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Stu

Quote from: BBS on June 01, 2023, 08:06:35 PMSo is there any chances of That bus surviving? I see it's a ex leamington which just joined rugby
Quote from: markcf83 on June 02, 2023, 03:39:07 PMI've seen far worse damaged than this repaired-one of them locally to me in South Wales.
The vehicle is coming up to ten years old now, the front end looks pretty wrecked from the photos I've seen, I'd think it highly unlikely that Stagecoach would consider paying to have this repaired/rebuilt.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BBS

QuoteThe vehicle is coming up to ten years old now, the front end looks pretty wrecked from the photos I've seen, I'd think it highly unlikely that Stagecoach would consider paying to have this repaired/rebuilt.
Judging the damage the Price of repair is also looking quite hefty 

BusDriverBosh

Quote from: Stu on June 02, 2023, 05:23:11 PMThe vehicle is coming up to ten years old now, the front end looks pretty wrecked from the photos I've seen, I'd think it highly unlikely that Stagecoach would consider paying to have this repaired/rebuilt.

If it's cheap enough to repair, they'd rather pay that than lose a bus which would result in reshuffling buses across the SC Midlands network
Bus Driver
61 - Birmingham ➡️ Frankley
63 - Birmingham ➡️ Longbridge ➡️ Frankley

Tony

Quote from: mrboshell on June 02, 2023, 07:19:18 PMIf it's cheap enough to repair, they'd rather pay that than lose a bus which would result in reshuffling buses across the SC Midlands network
That will not be cheap

BusDriverBosh

Bus Driver
61 - Birmingham ➡️ Frankley
63 - Birmingham ➡️ Longbridge ➡️ Frankley

Jack

Just come across another petition on Facebook for the 46 to return to its original route..

BBS

Any Update on KGF, will it be repaired or written off?

Jack

The driver of 36482 has just said he doesn't know the new route of the 169... nice training...

ellspurs

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-updates/serviceupdatesarticle?SituationId=ID-12/07/2023-10:05:04:988

Route 46 is getting a timetable/route change, and a 46A variant between QE and Hawkeley introduced at the request of TfWM.

BBS

Quotehttps://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-updates/serviceupdatesarticle?SituationId=ID-12/07/2023-10:05:04:988

Route 46 is getting a timetable/route change, and a 46A variant between QE and Hawkeley introduced at the request of TfWM.
This also going to be Stagecoach too right

SO6597

Quote from: ellspurs on July 19, 2023, 08:20:04 PMhttps://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-updates/serviceupdatesarticle?SituationId=ID-12/07/2023-10:05:04:988

Bustimes shows one of the changes as being a rerouting in Northfield. It will now run along the stretch of the Bristol Rd next to the shopping centre which is an improvement. Perhaps the shorter workings will help the reliability too. 

ellspurs

In a surprising turn, TfWM have actually provided a lot more information about this change:

Quote from: TfWMFrom July 21st Stagecoach will be operating a revised timetable on service 46 to address the poor punctuality and travel demand on the service.

* Monday to Saturday, buses will run hourly between Kings Heath and Queen Elizabeth Hospital via Hawkesley.  On the opposite half hour, short journeys will operate between Hawkesley and Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
* The route between Kings Norton and Hawkesley is amended slightly with Masshouse Lane now being served along with more of Shannon Road and Longdales Road.
* Last buses Monday to Saturday will be approximately two hours earlier with last bus from Queen Elizabeth Hospital at 21:30, due to extremely limited usage being made of later journeys.
* Sunday buses will operate between Brandwood End and Kings Heath direct along Brandwood Road, not serving the Doversley Road loop due to extremely limited use on this loop on Sundays and to make the schedule more robust.

We apologise to customers who have been affected by poor punctuality in recent months and expect that this change will significantly improve the service with the timetable much more closely matching traffic conditions.  It was not viable to add another bus on the road into the timetable and so the half hourly frequency could not be maintained across the full route.  Our analysis was that the Kings Heath to Kings Norton section is less well used and so reducing this section to hourly minimised the overall impact on customers, with our over-riding priority being to improve punctuality.

MW

A number of Stagecoach drivers are saying their management has informed them of 9 new services in the Birmingham area from October...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk