News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Stagecoach in Birmingham

Started by monkeyjoe, December 08, 2022, 10:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

don

Quote from: BBS on April 14, 2023, 01:40:22 PMThis happens alot on the 41, the bus skips the entire Acocks green area and goes into fox hollies road where it then goes on Stockfield road and head to heartlands
This is no way to operate a bus service. Prospective passengers in the bypassed section (or who wanted to get off in it) should complain to TfWM. Only way to deal with cowboy operations like this! 
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

MW

Quote from: don on April 14, 2023, 08:55:06 PMThis is no way to operate a bus service. Prospective passengers in the bypassed section (or who wanted to get off in it) should complain to TfWM. Only way to deal with cowboy operations like this!

After speaking to a Stagecoach driver about their terrible service, he said to me that it's the Agency drivers who couldn't care less disrupting the services. Stagecoach Rugby are no longer recruiting agency drivers apparently. Those who remain aren't having their contracts renewed/extended. Let's hope it doesn't take them back to driver shortages.

I hear that plans to open a depot in Birmingham have been postponed until early next year. How true that is, I don't know.

Jack

Quote from: BBS on April 14, 2023, 01:40:22 PMThis happens alot on the 41, the bus skips the entire Acocks green area and goes into fox hollies road where it then goes on Stockfield road and head to heartlands
What didn't help is the bus was already arriving into Kings Heath Late by about 8 minutes, and now has to use the entire High Street to turn round which is obviously slow moving so that's added pressure and time to the route too.

Least they now accept NBus!

Isle of Stroma

In another stunning endorsement for deregulation this afternoon, the last two A9 services to Kingshurst (& thus the return trips) failed to operate...

Tony

Quote from: Isle of Stroma on April 19, 2023, 07:33:26 PMIn another stunning endorsement for deregulation this afternoon, the last two A9 services to Kingshurst (& thus the return trips) failed to operate...
As they are tendered journies would it be any different under Manchester's Franchised version?

No driver = no buses, whether they are regulated or deregulated. I paid for a large deposit on my house from driving uncovered duties in WMPTE days. In the 1980s WMPTE was deleting as many miles as private operators are now.

Secondary trigger 28

It's been a shocking week on the services this week with loads of buses not running due to  there operational issue. 

Isle of Stroma

QuoteAs they are tendered journies would it be any different under Manchester's Franchised version?

No driver = no buses, whether they are regulated or deregulated. I paid for a large deposit on my house from driving uncovered duties in WMPTE days. In the 1980s WMPTE was deleting as many miles as private operators are now.

Dunno. All I can say Is I'm not aware of the PTE relying unsuccessfully on agency Drivers from miles away. Nor did the PTE STILL fail to provide correct bus stop timetable information 4 months into a service. Nor did they outsource services to a major third party depot with woeful staff shortages & abysmal FTO figures in the first place.

Not that it was Stagecoach who were solely to blame. Finding the last two Kingshurst going AWOL made me all nostalgic about AG's operation of the 58...

I abandoned all hope of catching the last one back from Yardley when I saw that it was tracking on the A45 near Allesley heading back to Rugby.  :wink:

karl724223

Quote from: Isle of Stroma on April 19, 2023, 08:03:59 PMDunno. All I can say Is I'm not aware of the PTE relying unsuccessfully on agency Drivers from miles away. Nor did the PTE STILL fail to provide correct bus stop timetable information 4 months into a service. Nor did they outsource services to a major third party depot with woeful staff shortages & abysmal FTO figures in the first place.

Not that it was Stagecoach who were solely to blame. Finding the last two Kingshurst going AWOL made me all nostalgic about AG's operation of the 58...

I abandoned all hope of catching the last one back from Yardley when I saw that it was tracking on the A45 near Allesley heading back to Rugby.  :wink:
Have you made a complaint to tfwm and stagecoach or just whinging on here 

Tony

Quote from: Isle of Stroma on April 19, 2023, 08:03:59 PMDunno. All I can say Is I'm not aware of the PTE relying unsuccessfully on agency Drivers from miles away. Nor did the PTE STILL fail to provide correct bus stop timetable information 4 months into a service. Nor did they outsource services to a major third party depot with woeful staff shortages & abysmal FTO figures in the first place.

WMPTE didn't bring in agency drivers, couldn't be bothered with things like that, much easier to delete hundreds of hours of mileage. I could literally walk into any WMPTE garage any day and have my choice of what route I wanted to drive and what time I would work it was that bad. One week in 1985 when I was off from my wages job I did 80 hours overtime. As for timetables most bus stops in PTE days didn't have any timetable information on them, let alone up to date ones.

As for contracting routes out to opertors who couldn't run them properly remember Mid-Warwickshire motors?

Isle of Stroma

QuoteHave you made a complaint to tfwm and stagecoach or just whinging on here

Both. 

Isle of Stroma

QuoteWMPTE didn't bring in agency drivers, couldn't be bothered with things like that, much easier to delete hundreds of hours of mileage. I could literally walk into any WMPTE garage any day and have my choice of what route I wanted to drive and what time I would work it was that bad. One week in 1985 when I was off from my wages job I did 80 hours overtime. As for timetables most bus stops in PTE days didn't have any timetable information on them, let alone up to date ones.

As for contracting routes out to opertors who couldn't run them properly remember Mid-Warwickshire motors?

MWM were a major operator???

Sandy Lane

Twitter is saying a number of cancellations this morning 

https://twitter.com/StagecoachMids

Noticed today the A9 appears to run through the new estate at Blythe Valley and doesn't enter the way the A7/A8 do through the bus gate. 
As well as using the Ilshaw Heath Road which was unused/unserved prior to January.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on May 28, 2023, 12:22:05 AMNoticed today the A9 appears to run through the new estate at Blythe Valley and doesn't enter the way the A7/A8 do through the bus gate. 
As well as using the Ilshaw Heath Road which was unused/unserved prior to January.
It's always gone that way.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on May 28, 2023, 10:22:50 AMIt's always gone that way.

Bus times strangely appears to be showing a revised stopping timetable from June 2023.
Blossomfield Road and Stratford Road stops.
Instead of Cheswick Green and Illshaw Heath Road.
https://bustimes.org/stops/43000154601?date=2023-06-06&time=08%3A00
https://bustimes.org/trips/271585494#stop-time-14917726548

Is that some sort of error in the timetable?
Also the 169 timetable seems to show it curtailed at Solihull.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk