News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danthebusman

Quote from: Tony on June 07, 2023, 01:33:35 PMNot sure what you are referring to, so cannot answer.

2154 has operated the 09:24 today and is doing exatly as scheduled (07:24; 09:24 & 11:24)
apologies, should have gave example like below

so today, 2156 operated the 09:24 17 to University Hospital https://bustimes.org/vehicles/tcvw-cv-2156?date=2023-06-07 then 2173 took over to do the 10:24 17A to Fenside https://bustimes.org/vehicles/tcvw-cv-2173?date=2023-06-07

Tony

Quote from: Danthebusman on June 07, 2023, 02:19:36 PMapologies, should have gave example like below

so today, 2156 operated the 09:24 17 to University Hospital https://bustimes.org/vehicles/tcvw-cv-2156?date=2023-06-07 then 2173 took over to do the 10:24 17A to Fenside https://bustimes.org/vehicles/tcvw-cv-2173?date=2023-06-07
All operating as per running boards

JPC

Quote from: Danthebusman on June 07, 2023, 01:20:32 PMI have noticed recently that the 9:24, 12:06 and 14:54 17/As to the hospital have a bus swap to do the 10:24, 13:09 and 15:54 to fenside respectively. is there any particular reason for this?
The split in what was three all day boards (6am-midnight) occurred from 23rd April, the reason I suppose is so electric buses can be (eventually) used - as the batteries will not last 18 hours.

Danthebusman

Quote from: JPC on June 07, 2023, 07:10:41 PMThe split in what was three all day boards (6am-midnight) occurred from 23rd April, the reason I suppose is so electric buses can be (eventually) used - as the batteries will not last 18 hours.
yeah that's what i was thinking

JPC

Quote from: ellspurs on June 09, 2023, 04:26:48 PMOut of interest, where is the low bridge(s) on the 24/25 route? I was sure I had covered that area in my old 13' 6" truck and I don't recall having any problems with bridges except the one in Long Lawton which the stagecoach 86 serves.

Is it more that they tend to use the short singles because of (1) the expected load and (2) the tightness of some of those Warwickshire villages (namely Frankton)?

The 25 has a bridge (former Rugby to Leamington rail line) between the villages of Birdingbury and Frankton with a clearance of 3.5m / 11' 6"

Coventrybususer95

Does anyone know if the 6/6a/18 are still doing this 
Spon End TTL
Tuesday 23rd May until further notice
Due to excessive delays caused by the Air Quality Scheme works in Spon End the following diversions will be in place
From Tuesday 23rd May until further notice
Services 6/6A and 18/18A, in both directions, will divert via Albany Road and Earlsdon Avenue North
Bus stops on Butts Road, Spon End and Hearsall Lane will not be served.

As the buses are going back the old way and are spending ages in traffic iv asked on facebook and twitter but not had a reply I know there's management that use this so was hoping they could have a look :)
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Danthebusman

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on June 12, 2023, 08:56:01 AMDoes anyone know if the 6/6a/18 are still doing this
Spon End TTL
Due to excessive delays caused by the Air Quality Scheme works in Spon End the following diversions will be in place
Services 6/6A and 18/18A, in both directions, will divert via Albany Road and Earlsdon Avenue North

As the buses are going back the old way and are spending ages in traffic iv asked on facebook and twitter but not had a reply I know there's management that use this so was hoping they could have a look :)
having a look on bustimes, most 6s and 18s are still following the diversion but ultimately it's up to the drivers which way they go unless they've been told they have to follow the diversion or normal line of route

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Danthebusman on June 12, 2023, 10:09:25 AMhaving a look on bustimes, most 6s and 18s are still following the diversion but ultimately it's up to the drivers which way they go unless they've been told they have to follow the diversion or normal line of route
They put a call over the radio to tell drivers to use the diversion 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on June 12, 2023, 08:56:01 AMDoes anyone know if the 6/6a/18 are still doing this
Spon End TTL

We were told to go normal route but due to traffic delay we were told about 8ish to go back through Earlsdon

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on June 12, 2023, 01:23:45 PMWe were told to go normal route but due to traffic delay we were told about 8ish to go back through Earlsdon
I was on the 8:30 6a to town spent about 30ish minutes going through 

Any idea if planing have decided to put it back on?

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on June 12, 2023, 01:28:41 PMI was on the 8:30 6a to town spent about 30ish minutes going through

Any idea if planing have decided to put it back on?
Diversion is back on. I was 20 minutes delayed this morning coming through Spon end into town. By the time I just got back through to go to Tanyard they said do the diversion again. What's made the traffic so bad is they've changed the traffic lights so they take even longer to change. Saturday I had 4 hours on the 6 and not once did I be on time. I was ontime once and by the time I got to Spon end I was late again

Danthebusman

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on June 12, 2023, 01:50:55 PMDiversion is back on. I was 20 minutes delayed this morning coming through Spon end into town. By the time I just got back through to go to Tanyard they said do the diversion again. What's made the traffic so bad is they've changed the traffic lights so they take even longer to change. Saturday I had 4 hours on the 6 and not once did I be on time. I was ontime once and by the time I got to Spon end I was late again

yes have noticed the 6s are very unreliable at the moment, but that's not you guys' faults, all these roadworks with unnecessarily long traffic lights are to blame 

markcf83

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on May 27, 2023, 08:42:35 AMIf Coventry get promoted to the premier league is there a possibility of the company naming a bus after the manager?
Why not-they were a missed penalty away last month.......
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

ellspurs

I followed a 6a through the diversion route at around midday going towards the city centre. There was a random second set of traffic lights on Butts Road (I guess a pedestrian one?) which was causing the traffic from Albany Road to hang over the junction which could've caused the Butts Road traffic to not be able to proceed when the lights went green.

Danthebusman

4674 still tracking in garage even though it's withdrawn?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk