News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Quote from: bususer28 on April 26, 2021, 06:49:32 PM
It's probably a bad idea but even if NXWM don't want to take the risk, surely diamond could send some of there services around Wythall, in a similar way to how they extended the 16 to West Brom which seems to have worked.

Still maintain that Diamond is better placed to make a route like the 150 work, with the 50 operating out of Redditch it even would help with driver hours and changeover etc, wasn't that even the reason the 16 started to be extended to West Brom?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

BK63 YWP

Going to be unpopular with the himley residents but two of the three buses an hour to rerouted via the B4176 skipping himley with one bus an hour 15H doing the himley part.

After commuting to wolves 5days a week probably only get 1 passenger boarding every other day
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Bus1237

I have just seen London's proposal for the "Superloop" express bus network. I believe it is separate buses rather than one bus but it just got me thinking about the outer circle 11A/C. The journey I make tends to take 55-60 minutes on the bus, whereas the car journey takes 18 (via a quicker route). I know that taking the 11 for me is always unappealing due to the long nature of the route. With its curtailing due to reliability issues too, I know some passengers are unhappy with changing at Acocks Green. I am curious as to how popular an express circular route would be. The route would not necessarily be the same, but instead more directly link key areas like Acocks Green, Kings Heath, Selly Oak, Perry Barr, Erdington etc. Surely this would be attractive to passengers who could easily travel around outskirts without having to go via city centre or go on the excessively long circular journey. After all, not everyone travels from the city centre! The 11 is obviously very useful and the stops between areas are well-used, but an X11A or X11C (horrible numbers!) would surely benefit people who want to make a more direct journey between outer areas.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Bus1237 on March 29, 2023, 11:46:59 PMI have just seen London's proposal for the "Superloop" express bus network. I believe it is separate buses rather than one bus but it just got me thinking about the outer circle 11A/C. The journey I make tends to take 55-60 minutes on the bus, whereas the car journey takes 18 (via a quicker route). I know that taking the 11 for me is always unappealing due to the long nature of the route. With its curtailing due to reliability issues too, I know some passengers are unhappy with changing at Acocks Green. I am curious as to how popular an express circular route would be. The route would not necessarily be the same, but instead more directly link key areas like Acocks Green, Kings Heath, Selly Oak, Perry Barr, Erdington etc. Surely this would be attractive to passengers who could easily travel around outskirts without having to go via city centre or go on the excessively long circular journey. After all, not everyone travels from the city centre! The 11 is obviously very useful and the stops between areas are well-used, but an X11A or X11C (horrible numbers!) would surely benefit people who want to make a more direct journey between outer areas.
What ever route you take an express route just wouldn't get through traffic, it would be impossible to manage 

Ginger66

Regarding the 45 by Diamond.

I would modify the 4O so as it leaves Stone Cross for West Bromwich it stops in the 45 stop then Walsall Road, Beaconview Rd, Charlemont Road then normal line of route and same in reverse but I'm reverse the 40 stops in its usual stop heading to Wednesbury.

Rachvince53

I would reinstate the full 966 (now partly X12) using an X series number and extend it to Coventry but make it fully limited stop letting the current X1 become a fully all stops service under a different number, 

Quote from: Rachvince53 on March 30, 2023, 11:45:34 AMI would reinstate the full 966 (now partly X12) using an X series number and extend it to Coventry but make it fully limited stop letting the current X1 become a fully all stops service under a different number,
X1 is already all stops after the Wheatsheaf all the way to Coventry?

The later version of the 966 was replaced by the 96 and X12. So not sure whether there'd be much point?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Coventrybususer95

Cv 2 back to every 30 minutes extend to uhcw so tile hill have a bus to uhcw again
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Wumpty

Quote from: 2206 on March 30, 2023, 11:56:15 AMX1 is already all stops after the Wheatsheaf all the way to Coventry?

The later version of the 966 was replaced by the 96 and X12. So not sure whether there'd be much point?
Only as long as it starts in Wolverhampton - I'm a purist!
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Westy

Didn't there used to be a route running Wolves, Essington, Cheslyn Hay onto Bloxwich?

Would an updated version of that solve the problem of Wolves to Essington & Cheslyn Hay to Bloxwich, possibly continuing to Walsall?

hlliwmai

If I had the chance I would re-introduce the short lived 226W to West Bromwich the 226 (as it currently does) serves Wall Heath I noticed that Diamond have scrapped that from next month (I think) because as per it probably never caught on and I'm not really surprised this is where I think the 226 running it's current route to Dudley then extend to West Bromwich would catch on because let's face it the 42 no longer runs to West Bromwich from Dudley I know IF I ever set up a company this would be a service I would operate 

AGPlaysMC

first of all yes i know im late but i should point out that 14 is diverted through Highfield road every now and then as are the 94 and 95 but that's much more rare 
LOCAL routes innit: 8 inner circle, 14, 94, 95, 97

Quote from: AGPlaysMC on May 22, 2023, 11:32:25 PMfirst of all yes i know im late but i should point out that 14 is diverted through Highfield road every now and then as are the 94 and 95 but that's much more rare
Whilst that road has been used in the past. The normal diversion for the 14 when there is a problem on the Alum Rock Road tends to be to run along the full length of the Washwood Heath Road to Fox and Goose, Stechford Lane, NLR.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Coventrybususer95

Extend the cv2 to the university hospital that way people in tile hill south have a link to the hospital w/o having to change buses 

Also with it being only 1 an hour they could inter work with another route
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Wumpty

Extend the WN59 & WN11 to Essington & Cheslyn Hay twice an hour (59A & 11A) to provide links to Wednesfield, New Cross & Cannock Road corridor.

Chaserider offer some links, and NX have tried similar services to Essington. 
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk