News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Strike Action

Started by monkeyjoe, December 14, 2022, 01:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Quote from: Kevin_Brum12 on March 24, 2023, 01:53:19 PMI think that is certain.  One thing West Midlands bus passengers have discovered this last week is what people in Greater Manchester, Merseyside. South Yorkshire and most of the country have known for decades, the pass you buy from your local bus operator does not mean you can use every bus!

Getting rid of the LFZ may help with  tackling some of the fare dodging too, for example by removing the ability of one buying a Walsall LFZ Daysaver and chancing it past the Scott Arms all the way into Birmingham.  You cant have Revenue Protection doing the same spots all the time as the regular dodgers do get wise to it.
Ok then, what do people do who only require LEGALLY travel within the Lfz, who don't try to chance it at the boundary?

Does this mean we now have to have a regional pass / ticket whether we want one or not?

(Speaking as someone who uses a Walsall Nbus ticket, who does all his travel within the zone & rarely goes outside the boundary!)

bususer12

Quote from: Westy on March 24, 2023, 02:27:25 PMOk then, what do people do who only require LEGALLY travel within the Lfz, who don't try to chance it at the boundary?

Does this mean we now have to have a regional pass / ticket whether we want one or not?

(Speaking as someone who uses a Walsall Nbus ticket, who does all his travel within the zone & rarely goes outside the boundary!)

I would see it as a single is a single, a day ticket is a day ticket, someone who lives in Solihull for example has to buy a Regional Daysaver even if they are only doing local journeys. Whether we like it or not, the simplest fare system is a daily/weekly/monthly capping based on number of journeys irrespective of where they are taken (Oyster). 

Michael Bevan

It's interesting reading the comments of Diamond's post thanking their driver's for keeping the West Midlands moving! Quite a few people saying they'll be using Diamond more from now on.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=598851962261322&set=a.230844239062098&type=3&app=fbl

Ginger66

Quote from: Michael Bevan on March 24, 2023, 04:47:41 PMIt's interesting reading the comments of Diamond's post thanking their driver's for keeping the West Midlands moving! Quite a few people saying they'll be using Diamond more from now on.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=598851962261322&set=a.230844239062098&type=3&app=fbl
It's been a long hard work the drivers do deserve thanking hopefully NX can learn from this going forward and do this kind of thanks.  

karl724223

Quote from: Ginger66 on March 24, 2023, 05:09:32 PMIt's been a long hard work the drivers do deserve thanking hopefully NX can learn from this going forward and do this kind of thanks. 
Very stressful waiting for the fresh samosas to be delivered but worth it 

Westy

Quote from: Michael Bevan on March 24, 2023, 04:47:41 PMIt's interesting reading the comments of Diamond's post thanking their driver's for keeping the West Midlands moving! Quite a few people saying they'll be using Diamond more from now on.

Can't access that link.

Mike K

Quote from: Westy on March 24, 2023, 09:02:17 PMCan't access that link.
I'm not on Facebook but it still works for me

Westy

Quote from: Mike K on March 24, 2023, 09:23:42 PMI'm not on Facebook but it still works for me
It says 'Content not available at this time'.

(In fact, I can't find Diamond Bus Midlands itself by searching on Facebook, I found Midland Classic & Diamond North West though)

Marge559

They have blocked you then, must've had enough of the complaining. 
I don't have any red buses!

Westy

Quote from: Marge559 on March 24, 2023, 10:56:46 PMThey have blocked you then, must've had enough of the complaining.
I normally do my Diamond 'complaining' as you put it, on Twitter & I'm still on there!

At 11 posts, do you have the authority to moan at my own posts?

Marge559

Yes as I choose not to fill this forum with rubbish! The point is, a customer focussed company like Diamond WM would not block somebody without good reason, they are not a cowboy builder on trustpilot. 
I don't have any red buses!

winston

Quote from: Westy on March 24, 2023, 11:09:55 PMI normally do my Diamond 'complaining' as you put it, on Twitter & I'm still on there!

At 11 posts, do you have the authority to moan at my own posts?
It's a former member back under a different Alias.

Quote from: Kevin_Brum12 on March 24, 2023, 01:42:55 PMDoes not excuse behaviour like chucking a cup of coffee over a colleague who has decided to work though, or adopting the same behaviour displayed by some passengers on Birmingham buses late at night on a Friday/Saturday when they've had far too many sherbets.

Most striking drivers probably have not picketed though, and there will be some wanting to get back to work...for a break!!!
if you look at my earlier posts you'll find i didn't condone the actions of minority who basically spoil it for all, as for drivers picketing i cant speak for other garages at West Brom the majority turned up at various times through out the day. The reps had a register of folks turning up to sign.

Stu

Quote from: Westy on March 24, 2023, 10:26:20 PMIt says 'Content not available at this time'.

(In fact, I can't find Diamond Bus Midlands itself by searching on Facebook, I found Midland Classic & Diamond North West though)
You're not missing much, its the same as posted on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/diamondbuses/status/1639148795467530240
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

Quote from: Stu on March 25, 2023, 08:48:06 AMYou're not missing much, its the same as posted on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/diamondbuses/status/1639148795467530240

Oh, I've seen that.

If I'm supposedly blocked from Diamond Fb, can't think what I've said to be so!

Last time I looked, they stopped you starting your own threads on there!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk