News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Strike Action

Started by monkeyjoe, December 14, 2022, 01:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on March 23, 2023, 08:19:26 PMSo how did the just win the new 144 then?
And how did you lose basically the entire of the midlands tenders?? 

The winning of the 144 doesn't cover the losses of the 17,22,28 and the rest of them 

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 23, 2023, 08:54:39 PMAnd how did you lose basically the entire of the midlands tenders??

The winning of the 144 doesn't cover the losses of the 17,22,28 and the rest of them
If you look at January NX won most of the tenders they put in.

This deal will go through no issues, just the formality of voting etc , drivers at West Brom ready to return from Saturday evening. People still see headline figures 16%  still got 12 hour split shifts  paid only currently 7hrs 36 till July then about 8hrs 50ish max i believe wait and see on that. split shifts are costly to drivers having to return home and travel back etc  still unpaid breaks too. But nah what does average joe blogs care all they will see is bus wanker got 16%

Quote from: Tony on March 23, 2023, 11:29:41 AMWhich police?
It is illegal for pickets to block access to a site for vehicular access. It is illegal to bully working staff, one Wolverhampton driver had coffee thrown over her yesterday. It is illegal to picket anywhere other than you own place of work. There were bus spotters in the picket line at Coventry
you know what Tony 1st world PROBLEMS really most of this stuff is, couldn't care less about picket line laws , cant condone the coffee incident by a colleague,  i could moan and moan about  the police and the rotten state of public services but who cares, the MET police been rotten for years. As for bus spotters apparently that woman who got arrested  yesterday  thats what she does i,m told

Ginger66

It's going to take NXWM and NXC a lot to win back passengers after this and how will they do this?

Because some people will see its time to now bring buses back into public ownership and let local authority decided which services are operated by which operator and the level of fare paid.

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Ginger66 on March 24, 2023, 06:45:12 AMIt's going to take NXWM and NXC a lot to win back passengers after this and how will they do this?

Because some people will see its time to now bring buses back into public ownership and let local authority decided which services are operated by which operator and the level of fare paid.
They have alot if work to do to build back trust it doesn't help with drivers saying if nx dont do what they say by june/july that they will stike again
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Tony

Quote from: 2900 on March 23, 2023, 11:30:29 PMyou know what Tony 1st world PROBLEMS really most of this stuff is, couldn't care less about picket line laws , cant condone the coffee incident by a colleague,  i could moan and moan about  the police and the rotten state of public services but who cares, the MET police been rotten for years. As for bus spotters apparently that woman who got arrested  yesterday  thats what she does i,m told
Another incident the police attended was when a council enforcement officer was surrounded by pickets and made him feel so threatened the police attended. Isn't this exactly the type of behaviour you were complaining about drivers facing as one of the reasons for the strike?

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Tony on March 24, 2023, 07:08:20 AMAnother incident the police attended was when a council enforcement officer was surrounded by pickets and made him feel so threatened the police attended. Isn't this exactly the type of behaviour you were complaining about drivers facing as one of the reasons for the strike?
If drivers are doing that on official picket lines whats going on in the depot or when there dealing with customers who are being obnoxious?
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Quote from: Tony on March 24, 2023, 07:08:20 AMAnother incident the police attended was when a council enforcement officer was surrounded by pickets and made him feel so threatened the police attended. Isn't this exactly the type of behaviour you were complaining about drivers facing as one of the reasons for the strike?
Tony i cant condone the actions of those picketers but as usual a small minority spoil it for the majority, i will say West Bromwich garage management have  praised the good nature of there drivers on the picket line, Management even helping us clear up our rubbish to be commended as well, the only incident of  note was Tuesday a 10/15 minute stand off at the entrance gate, no police involved at any point. The police waved and thumbs up as they pass us outside the garage.

With this new pay offer from NX,  applications from new drivers will go through the roof,  i have many friends at Diamond bus who were waiting for the out come  who will apply in due course. 

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on March 24, 2023, 07:19:31 AMIf drivers are doing that on official picket lines whats going on in the depot or when there dealing with customers who are being obnoxious?
Nothing goes on at depots majority of drivers after there duties just wanna get out of there,  when dealing with obnoxious customers driver is normally on there own in the bus. These picket line incidents you can put down to pack/gang type behaviour  no different to group of rowdy girls/boys boarding a bus, on there own quite as a mouse.  

PB50

Lot more buses in town today on the 51 service. Seen 5 in the last half hour in Bridge St.

bususer12

Would it be fair to say the anticipation of the bonfire of tickets may now get underway and the LFZ scrapped with the Govt funding ending soon and the way above inflation pay rise that drivers have wrangled out of NX? I can imagine most operators will be happy to get rid of the LFZ as I can't see how it is viable for £3 or £11 for a week which covers such a large area especially given today's costs compared to when they were introduced 

Kevin_Brum12

Quote from: 2900 on March 24, 2023, 08:54:58 AMNothing goes on at depots majority of drivers after there duties just wanna get out of there,  when dealing with obnoxious customers driver is normally on there own in the bus. These picket line incidents you can put down to pack/gang type behaviour  no different to group of rowdy girls/boys boarding a bus, on there own quite as a mouse.
Does not excuse behaviour like chucking a cup of coffee over a colleague who has decided to work though, or adopting the same behaviour displayed by some passengers on Birmingham buses late at night on a Friday/Saturday when they've had far too many sherbets.

Most striking drivers probably have not picketed though, and there will be some wanting to get back to work...for a break!!!

Kevin_Brum12

Quote from: bususer12 on March 24, 2023, 01:36:47 PMWould it be fair to say the anticipation of the bonfire of tickets may now get underway and the LFZ scrapped with the Govt funding ending soon and the way above inflation pay rise that drivers have wrangled out of NX? I can imagine most operators will be happy to get rid of the LFZ as I can't see how it is viable for £3 or £11 for a week which covers such a large area especially given today's costs compared to when they were introduced
I think that is certain.  One thing West Midlands bus passengers have discovered this last week is what people in Greater Manchester, Merseyside. South Yorkshire and most of the country have known for decades, the pass you buy from your local bus operator does not mean you can use every bus!

Getting rid of the LFZ may help with  tackling some of the fare dodging too, for example by removing the ability of one buying a Walsall LFZ Daysaver and chancing it past the Scott Arms all the way into Birmingham.   You cant have Revenue Protection doing the same spots all the time as the regular dodgers do get wise to it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk