News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Strike Action

Started by monkeyjoe, December 14, 2022, 01:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Straightlines on March 15, 2023, 08:26:15 PMAll I remember is that in the 2000s you would regularly get smoking on buses (drugs/otherwise). Also surely the new ticket scanning system should have assisted fare dodging situation!
I was on a 11A at Acocks Green Village a few weeks ago, the driver requested passenger to come back and scan a dodgy mobile ticket which they didn't scan on boarding. They then went upstairs and refused to come back down and scan it. For some people it still doesn't deter them.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: 2206 on March 15, 2023, 08:36:16 PMI was on a 11A a few weeks ago, the driver requested passenger to come back and scan dodgey mobile ticket which they didn't scan on boarding. They then went upstairs and refused to come back down and scan it.
The whole scan your qr code is rubbish and holds up buses as you have to play spin the phone to get it to scan
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Tony

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on March 15, 2023, 08:39:33 PMThe whole scan your qr code is rubbish and holds up buses as you have to play spin the phone to get it to scan
The whole 'scan your QR code' has reduced fraudulent use of copied M-tickets down to virtually zero

MW

I've seen a website that generates a fake NX day ticket. Has anybody come across this and are you no longer able to get away with these? 

Tony

Quote from: MW on March 15, 2023, 08:48:59 PMI've seen a website that generates a fake NX day ticket. Has anybody come across this and are you no longer able to get away with these?
No. The barcode constantly changes, and the scanner can identify these fakes

Stu

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on March 15, 2023, 08:39:33 PMThe whole scan your qr code is rubbish and holds up buses as you have to play spin the phone to get it to scan
I don't use it myself, but the problem appears to be that some people don't understand how QR code scanners work, and that you do need to position your device in a way that the scanner can 'see' the code displayed.

The theory behind the system is good though, as it prevents people from just showing a screenshot of an M-ticket to the driver, as they could do previously.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Kevin_Brum12

Latest posts on here suggests UNITE have advised their members to accept the pay offer in the ballot...https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/national-express-west-midlands-bus-strike.244225/page-2

metrocity

Quote from: Kevin_Brum12 on March 15, 2023, 10:53:22 PMLatest posts on here suggests UNITE have advised their members to accept the pay offer in the ballot...https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/national-express-west-midlands-bus-strike.244225/page-2
I believe that is not the case as it stands 

Ginger66

Quote from: MW on March 15, 2023, 08:48:59 PMI've seen a website that generates a fake NX day ticket. Has anybody come across this and are you no longer able to get away with these?
I have seen the ones selling fake qualifications and reported into my line manager,.  So I would report to TfWM, Diamond and NX as if theft and they should be able to do something.

Ginger66

Quote from: Kevin_Brum12 on March 15, 2023, 04:30:15 PM
  • Conductors are not going to make a comeback.  Not unless you want  to make every bus route in the West Midlands unviable.  The majority of passengers pay their fares and are not using cash.  NXWM could scrap cash as a method of payment or recruit more inspectors.
  • Drugs - best way to deter that is more visible Police on the buses in hotspots and shoving the offenders into court for possession.
  • Pulling the routes of a night where there is a problem on a short basis, but make it clear to the travelling public why you are doing so and the rote will only be reinstated if there is no trouble or anti-social behaviour..

Fair point on the conductor comment, agree could do with more inspectors these could be placed on bus stations such as Dudley, Bilston ect.

Abuse point , passengers are angry at the service level as buses not turning up and moaning about long waits. (The other day on a partnership route a 40 passengers waiting 40+ minutes) more PA announcements are needed at stations apologizing for delays.  We know NX as a 10 plan to try and resolve it.  The driver is the face of the company we know the delays are not directly his/her fault if there is a lengthy delay get drivers to say for the delay to your journey as it could defuse some of the anger.

Quote from: Ginger66 on March 16, 2023, 06:42:55 AMAbuse point , passengers are angry at the service level as buses not turning up and moaning about long waits. (The other day on a partnership route a 40 passengers waiting 40+ minutes)
We know NX as a 10 plan to try and resolve it.  The driver is the face of the company we know the delays are not directly his/her fault if there is a lengthy delay get drivers to say for the delay to your journey as it could defuse some of the anger.
You brought this up before.
https://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=6191.msg299881#msg299881
There's just no need at all for this in the first place. Imagine if everyone  started standing at the front moaning or "being angry". By doing this your stopping other passengers being able to get on and holding the bus up for longer making it later and the waits longer to.
As if being angry is going to make your wait shorter.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Coventrybususer95

All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Solo1

Why didn't they allow it to be voted on & how long before they can vote on the deal

Ginger66

Seems a good pay offer if it's what been quoted at 14% for this year and lower offers for the following two years.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk