News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

BusTimes.org - general discussion

Started by gka472l, December 19, 2019, 10:20:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danthebusman

Quote from: Solo1 on February 09, 2023, 10:53:57 AMNothing tracking
BODS data really hasn't had the best year so far has it..

Rachvince53

Bustimes.org are tracking again...but how long for?

karl724223

Rachvince53

Quote from: karl724223 on February 09, 2023, 12:03:50 PMWho really cares
Those who rely on it to see if and when their bus is coming, especially those where buses are often missing. 

PB2938

How come bus times doesn't show Dead journeys no more.
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

Stu

Quote from: PB2938 on February 13, 2023, 06:16:18 PMHow come bus times doesn't show Dead journeys no more.
Please use this topic for general BusTimes discussion instead of the NX reporting topic.

I guess the short answer is that for the purposes of informing bus passengers, dead journeys are not important.

Either that or the onboard systems have been configured to no longer report vehicle location data when not in service.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on February 13, 2023, 06:53:40 PMPlease use this topic for general BusTimes discussion instead of the NX reporting topic.

I guess the short answer is that for the purposes of informing bus passengers, dead journeys are not important.

Either that or the onboard systems have been configured to no longer report vehicle location data when not in service.

I think it is just the source of the information.

Traffilog where it used to come from tracks buses where ever they are. Vix is there purely to track vehicles in service

Danthebusman

Random question but does anyone remember on bustimes when you could sort all the buses by fleet number/journey/destination that have been on a certain route?

You would do it by tapping on the "Vehicle"/"Trip"/"Destination" tab at the top but now when you tap it, nothing happens.

I jot down in my notes on my phone all the buses that have been used on my local CV 17 route for the day so can be quite annoying to go through the whole list of vehicles trying to pick out the substitutes if there is any.

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Danthebusman on March 14, 2023, 03:37:52 PMRandom question but does anyone remember on bustimes when you could sort all the buses by fleet number/journey/destination that have been on a certain route?

You would do it by tapping on the "Vehicle"/"Trip"/"Destination" tab at the top but now when you tap it, nothing happens.

I jot down in my notes on my phone all the buses that have been used on my local CV 17 route for the day so can be quite annoying to go through the whole list of vehicles trying to pick out the substitutes if there is any.
If you click on the route it should bring up a list of buses thats been on the route
https://bustimes.org/services/17-fenside-university-hospital-via-coventry/vehicles?date=2023-03-14

Heres todays so far
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Danthebusman

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on March 14, 2023, 03:41:44 PMIf you click on the route it should bring up a list of buses thats been on the route
https://bustimes.org/services/17-fenside-university-hospital-via-coventry/vehicles?date=2023-03-14

Heres todays so far

I know how to do that, it's just a while ago you would be able to sort by fleet number via the bold headings at the top of that page and any other route-vehicle page but you can't anymore.

Tony

If you want to have a look at someone trying to edit Bustimes, off fake information from Bustimes itself see the pending edit for 4508!

18WilliamsLi

No 126 9 x10 tracking on  bus times

Stu

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on April 15, 2023, 10:28:57 AMNo 126 9 x10 tracking on  bus times
Actually, none of Pensnett's services are tracking at the moment.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

18WilliamsLi

No nx pensnet buses showing on bus times

Jack

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on April 15, 2023, 10:49:30 AMNo nx pensnet buses showing on bus times
Just repeat what is already said...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk