News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Strike Action

Started by monkeyjoe, December 14, 2022, 01:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Quote from: karl724223 on March 13, 2023, 04:35:27 PMWe going On strike  I've not seen anything about it  wow glad I read westy and his sisters posts
Are you training for a second career as a comedian?

You might get more money from that, than you would earn from Nx!

karl724223

Quote from: Westy on March 13, 2023, 05:00:04 PMAre you training for a second career as a comedian?

You might get more money from that, than you would earn from Nx!
Doubt it very much how much I earn 

don

You need to get with it @karl724223   - perhaps watch bus times etc etc - at least you're keeping up with @Westy and sister I'm pleased to see 😂👏
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Ginger66

Quote from: Solo1 on March 13, 2023, 02:56:53 PMWhy can't they offer 15% meet half wY then all will be happy
I think the unions bosses are living in cuckoo land thinking 11.5% is a poor offer. 

NX should offer incentives like a cost of living bonus x amount for staff and if staff have 25 days annual leave increase the amount of days annual leave so they have more days annual from 25 - 30 or 28 to 32.

karl724223

Quote from: Ginger66 on March 13, 2023, 05:20:56 PMI think the unions bosses are living in cuckoo land thinking 11.5% is a poor offer. 

NX should offer incentives like a cost of living bonus x amount for staff and if staff have 25 days annual leave increase the amount of days annual leave so they have more days annual from 25 - 30 or 28 to 32.
I already have a lot more holidays than 32

Rachvince53

Quote from: CL on March 13, 2023, 02:03:16 PMhttps://nxbus.co.uk/coventry/service-updates/strike-action-from-16th-march-2023

Coventry have announced last Friday the services they intend to run
Correct. The 9 and 17 will run hourly from around 7am to 7pm. The 2OA is more complex with services departing Coventry either at 08, 53 or 38 depending upon the hour in the day. 

Tony

Quote from: Ginger66 on March 13, 2023, 05:20:56 PMI think the unions bosses are living in cuckoo land thinking 11.5% is a poor offer. 

The minimum legal amount of holidays is 28 (20 + 8 bank holidays) so nobody gets 25 days holiday.

It's alright for office bods to say increase the number of days holiday, the work just gets done on other days. Extra days holidays cost a lot of money because a driver taking that days holiday means you have to pay someone else to do that days work. I'm sure most drivers would prefer the huge amount a days holiday would cost to be put into the pay rise.

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Rachvince53 on March 13, 2023, 05:40:48 PMCorrect. The 9 and 17 will run hourly from around 7am to 7pm. The 2OA is more complex with services departing Coventry either at 08, 53 or 38 depending upon the hour in the day.
The news said it was from the 16th till the 19th 🤔
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Stu

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on March 13, 2023, 06:32:46 PMThe news said it was from the 16th till the 19th 🤔
Either someone knows more than anyone else, or its just more poor journalism.

As its a Reach publication, more likely the latter.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

18WilliamsLi

Quote from: Stu on March 13, 2023, 06:40:44 PMEither someone knows more than anyone else, or its just more poor journalism.

As its a Reach publication, more likely the latter.
How do you know strike is going to end on 19th it may end on same day as it starts 

Stu

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on March 13, 2023, 06:45:05 PMHow do you know strike is going to end on 19th it may end on same day as it starts
I don't know when the strike is going to end, nobody does.

As pointed out by the Birmingham Mail:

How long will the industrial action last?

There will be continuous strikes every day until an agreement is reached. That means there is currently no end date in sight.

I'm of the opinion that something will happen in the next couple of days and the strike will be called off at the last minute. Perhaps more hope or belief rather than anything else.

However it does seem to me that someone high-up in the union ranks is determined that the strike action goes ahead.

But give it a few days, and maybe when drivers realise they will be struggling even more to get by on their strike pay from the union (which I'm sure is less than they are currently being paid by their employer), many will just go back to work, and the strike will just fizzle out.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Stu on March 13, 2023, 06:55:15 PMI don't know when the strike is going to end, nobody does.

As pointed out by the Birmingham Mail:

How long will the industrial action last?

There will be continuous strikes every day until an agreement is reached. That means there is currently no end date in sight.

I'm of the opinion that something will happen in the next couple of days and the strike will be called off at the last minute. Perhaps more hope or belief rather than anything else.

However it does seem to me that someone high-up in the union ranks is determined that the strike action goes ahead.

But give it a few days, and maybe when drivers realise they will be struggling even more to get by on their strike pay from the union (which I'm sure is less than they are currently being paid by their employer), many will just go back to work, and the strike will just fizzle out.
I can see it being a repeat of the bin stikes of coventry last year :(

I believe strike pay os about 60-80£ a day
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

The strike is until an agreement is made. What journalists are saying about 16th  - 19th is untrue

winston

Coventrybususer95

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk