News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Strike Action

Started by monkeyjoe, December 14, 2022, 01:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on March 12, 2023, 09:08:50 PMOne question.

Are any double deckers coming in temporaily from elsewhere, to increase capacity on your own services?
We are not moving fleet around.  We are looking to deploy more of the vehicles we have within Redditch to operate the 50.  We have recently acquired 6 x double deckers for the Midlands and depending upon how long the Industrial action continues, then they could potentially pop up on other routes.

Westy

Here's a question. 

Would you say the general public is now aware of the strike?

After 2 weeks off, I went back to work & I innocently asked management whether they were aware of the strike. 

'Nope' was the answer & they had to Google about it.

Didn't read a paper, didn't see anything on telly.

Mentioned it to one of the warehouse guys.

He was aware of the strike,  but not the actual start date or the minuta data, such as other operators were available. 

Luckily I'd mocked up a notice, similar to Nx's own on bus notices, about it, for the company noticeboard!

Anyone else have the same issue?

I suppose management think the majority of the staff either drive, walk or even have taxis anyway!

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Westy on March 13, 2023, 09:43:09 AMHere's a question.

Would you say the general public is now aware of the strike?

After 2 weeks off, I went back to work & I innocently asked management whether they were aware of the strike.

'Nope' was the answer & they had to Google about it.

Didn't read a paper, didn't see anything on telly.

Mentioned it to one of the warehouse guys.

He was aware of the strike,  but not the actual start date or the minuta data, such as other operators were available.

Luckily I'd mocked up a notice, similar to Nx's own on bus notices, about it, for the company noticeboard!

Anyone else have the same issue?

I suppose management think the majority of the staff either drive, walk or even have taxis anyway!
Its been really badly planned by both sides imo
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

PB50

By rights you'd expect notices on all the bus shelters in Walsall town about the strike action and the timetables on the 51 bus stop and 529 bus stop to give people warning about the strike but I haven't seen any yet.

winston

Quote from: PB50 on March 13, 2023, 10:12:14 AMBy rights you'd expect notices on all the bus shelters in Walsall town about the strike action and the timetables on the 51 bus stop and 529 bus stop to give people warning about the strike but I haven't seen any yet.
This is TfWM you're talking about, I still don't think they've completed changing all the bus stop information from the 3rd of January changes which was quoted as would be fully complete by the end of Feb.

Rachvince53

I've spoken to a number of people over the last few days who were either unaware of the strike or believed it was just for one day.  It needs more publicity on all media platforms.

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Rachvince53 on March 13, 2023, 12:04:42 PMI've spoken to a number of people over the last few days who were either unaware of the strike or believed it was just for one day.  It needs more publicity on all media platforms.
In coventry nx staff normally put posters up about charges but nothing seems to have happened and with under 72 hours left it seems there hopeimg something charges 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on March 13, 2023, 12:10:48 PMIn coventry nx staff normally put posters up about charges but nothing seems to have happened and with under 72 hours left it seems there hopeimg something charges
To be honest, i'm not sure how many bus stops NX serve around the WM, maybe 1000s perhaps.
To put posters up at all those stops probably takes time to do.

Though i'd imagine where possible the RTI screens will be updated to show a warning message like the ones in Birmingham City Centre were doing with the snow last Thursday?  As thats probably easier to do.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

markcf83

Quote from: j789 on March 12, 2023, 08:38:18 PMIt's a great job 99% of the time, just don't let the 1% wear you down. As for the pickets, the union reps I have worked with have all had a decent amount of common sense and I'm sure your garage rep will be the same. There is no way that them or any of the other drivers would see a new starter like yourself, in this situation, in a bad light.

Just do your thing and focus on building up your in service confidence. You're certainly going to be thrown in the deep end as will be likely very busy with the minimal service operated, but if you come out the other side ok, as I'm sure you will, you can rest assured that you will be able to cope with anything else the job throws at you!
Amen to that. And good luck @dw1308.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Coventrybususer95

I see reach media have posted this
A limited 'Hospital Route Network' will run from Thursday, March 16 to Sunday, March 19. Commuters will be able to take the 9, 17 and 20A services to and from University Hospital Coventry

Do they know something nx dont 😂🤔

CL

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on March 13, 2023, 01:24:01 PMI see reach media have posted this
A limited 'Hospital Route Network' will run from Thursday, March 16 to Sunday, March 19. Commuters will be able to take the 9, 17 and 20A services to and from University Hospital Coventry

Do they know something nx dont 😂🤔
https://nxbus.co.uk/coventry/service-updates/strike-action-from-16th-march-2023

Coventry have announced last Friday the services they intend to run
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Solo1

Why can't they offer 15% meet half wY then all will be happy

karl724223

We going On strike  I've not seen anything about it  wow glad I read westy and his sisters posts

karl724223

Quote from: Solo1 on March 13, 2023, 02:56:53 PMWhy can't they offer 15% meet half wY then all will be happy
Pmsl 😂😂 30% where's that come from Walsall way 😂😂

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk