News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Strike Action

Started by monkeyjoe, December 14, 2022, 01:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karl724223

Quote from: Rachvince53 on March 10, 2023, 04:41:27 PMBack again, the link stopped working.
It went on strike 😂

Rachvince53

Isle of Stroma

QuoteAs expected largely to provide transport for essential hospital workers as most I think serve major hospitals including Heartlands, QE, Good Hope, City Hospital, New Cross, Russell's Hall etc

Bit of a Chocolate Teapot solution for those changing shifts at 10pm or 6am then?

I note the token 97 service. Needn't bother on my account, I'll be walking rather than deliberately breaking Industrial action.

Westy

I note obviously NX tickets will not be able to used on other operators services, but how does this affect the Partnership routes, such as the 31 & 32, where NX tickets are accepted /issued on Diamond vehicles?

I'm assuming no change to the arrangement?

I guess I'll be ok with NBus as usual.

Rachvince53

Quote from: Westy on March 11, 2023, 11:47:34 AMI note obviously NX tickets will not be able to used on other operators services, but how does this affect the Partnership routes, such as the 31 & 32, where NX tickets are accepted /issued on Diamond vehicles?

I'm assuming no change to the arrangement?

I guess I'll be ok with NBus as usual.
That's correct as NBus are valid on any bus (except Select) in the NBus area. I buy one because my local buses are operated by Let's Go and NX.

Westy

Quote from: Rachvince53 on March 11, 2023, 12:41:34 PMThat's correct as NBus are valid on any bus (except Select) in the NBus area. I buy one because my local buses are operated by Let's Go and NX.
But what about the Partnership arrangement, as that needs to be clarified?

Stu

Quote from: Westy on March 11, 2023, 01:18:18 PMBut what about the Partnership arrangement, as that needs to be clarified?
Shouldn't make any difference.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ginger66

Does Diamond have any double deckers as the 16/40 are among the services operated by both NX and Diamond are going to struggle if Diamond use single deckers as I can see with the 40 route buses will be every 24 minutes mean passengers struggling in rush hour.

Westy

Quote from: Ginger66 on March 11, 2023, 03:16:34 PMDoes Diamond have any double deckers as the 16/40 are among the services operated by both NX and Diamond are going to struggle if Diamond use single deckers as I can see with the 40 route buses will be every 24 minutes mean passengers struggling in rush hour.
Not unless they transfer any between divisions between now & Thursday!

All the ones from Central Buses went up North didn't they?

winston

Quote from: Westy on March 11, 2023, 05:34:15 PMNot unless they transfer any between divisions between now & Thursday!

All the ones from Central Buses went up North didn't they?
Redditch has 5 x Deckers & there's some more on the way

metrocity

Is Andy Street aware that the West Midlands bus network will grind to a halt in a few days?

He seems very quick to get his photograph next to new vehicles or like a few days ago when he triumphed Diamond's service cut reversal - but radio silence on the pending disaster !

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: metrocity on March 11, 2023, 07:02:29 PMIs Andy Street aware that the West Midlands bus network will grind to a halt in a few days?

He seems very quick to get his photograph next to new vehicles or like a few days ago when he triumphed Diamond's service cut reversal - but radio silence on the pending disaster !
If its not positive news then he dont seem interested
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Ginger66

Do you think the strike will be quickly resolved or will it take months to resolve the pay dispute.

If the strike goes for ages what options do TfWM to get passengers moving.   

Stu

Quote from: Ginger66 on March 11, 2023, 07:47:47 PMIf the strike goes for ages what options do TfWM to get passengers moving. 
"Walk or cycle instead"

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Ginger66 on March 11, 2023, 07:47:47 PMDo you think the strike will be quickly resolved or will it take months to resolve the pay dispute.

If the strike goes for ages what options do TfWM to get passengers moving. 
Could they not do emergency tenders to cover the routes would love to see uk transport have a shot only downside would be the fact that every bus needs to be euro 6
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk