News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Strike Action

Started by monkeyjoe, December 14, 2022, 01:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Rachvince53 on March 05, 2023, 01:39:48 PMOnly trunk routes will run in my opinion eg 79, 74, 529 but to a reduced frequency.  I suppose it depends upon how many drivers are available at each garage.
Just wondering if the company knows how many drivers will be available so they can have updated timetables ready or will be left to the last minute and a complete mess
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

EK40

Quote from: 2206 on March 05, 2023, 11:51:10 AMWonder what a "limited network" would look like. It could also mean there will be no late night and early morning journeys, operating 7AM - 7PM only maybe?
probably mostly likely the most important routes with a sunday or similar limited schedule

Rachvince53

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on March 05, 2023, 02:57:50 PMJust wondering if the company knows how many drivers will be available so they can have updated timetables ready or will be left to the last minute and a complete mess
Most likely a lot of the latter. It depends in part how many drivers defy their union and cross the picket lines and on how many non-striking drivers come in.  

Stu

Maybe its hope more than anything, but I'm of the belief that a resolution will be found within the next two weeks and the strike action will be called off at the last minute.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Steveminor

A resolution hasn't been found in months of negotiations so I highly doubt one will be found in 2 weeks, both sides are poles apart 

the trainbasher

Surely TfWM routes, school services and lower frequency routes should be prioritised over the "high frequency routes"

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 05, 2023, 09:29:45 PMSurely TfWM routes, school services and lower frequency routes should be prioritised over the "high frequency routes"
Why? The ones with the most passengers should be prioritsed first I think. Especially if there is going to be a very minimal level of service in place.
Think how many passengers use the 14, 50 or the 94. Compared to say the 604. A lot of TFWM routes just go round empty all day.

In March 2020 some TFWM routes run by NX were suspended at that time due to extremely low usage and higher frequency routes prioritised at lower frequencys.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

j789

Quote from: Steveminor on March 05, 2023, 09:20:56 PMA resolution hasn't been found in months of negotiations so I highly doubt one will be found in 2 weeks, both sides are poles apart
Perhaps but negotiating and talking the talk is completely different to the reality of striking and walking the walk! It's not as simple as saying months of failed negotiations means a compromise isn't possible, it just needs a sensible offer on the table that would then need to go back to members for a vote and would ultimately delay the mid March strikes whether accepted or not.

I'd be very surprised if an updated offer was not offered in the very near future by NX, whether it would be enough for 50.1% in favour is anyone's guess though.

ellspurs

Quote from: 2206 on March 05, 2023, 09:34:57 PMWhy? The ones with the most passengers should be prioritsed first I think. Especially if there is going to be a very minimal level of service in place.
Think how many passengers use the 14, 50 or the 94. Compared to say the 604. A lot of TFWM routes just go round empty all day.

In March 2020 some TFWM routes run by NX were suspended at that time due to extremely low usage and higher frequency routes prioritised at lower frequencys.
If NX cancel low-revenue services but put buses out on the 50 when Diamond are running the route then it shows where the true priorities lie. If anything, the TfWM routes should be the ones that have priority coverage as they are the routes they're being partially subsidised. 

Quote from: ellspurs on March 06, 2023, 01:11:01 PMIf NX cancel low-revenue services but put buses out on the 50 when Diamond are running the route then it shows where the true priorities lie. If anything, the TfWM routes should be the ones that have priority coverage as they are the routes they're being partially subsidised.
How are all the NX passengers on the 50 going to fit on 1 little solo or streetlite.  I'm sure the extra buses would be welcomed by passengers on there.

If the lightly used routes are suspended to then the subsidy could be suspended to couldn't it?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

the trainbasher

QuoteHow are all the NX passengers on the 50 going to fit on 1 little solo or streetlite.  I'm sure the extra buses would be welcomed by passengers on there.

If the lightly used routes are suspended to then the subsidy could be suspended to couldn't it?
But then that leaves passengers who live on those routes stranded.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 06, 2023, 02:10:41 PMBut then that leaves passengers who live on those routes stranded.
Whether its leaving 50 odd people stranded on the 50 because they can't all fit on the diamond bus or 5 or so people stranded on the 604.
One way or another some people are probably going be affected by strike action.
But as said thats the point of strike action staff are unhappy with the conditons so withdraw their labour and as a result disruption is inevitable.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

John

School services will more than likely take priority over everything else. They had to be covered first when I was at NX before anything else

karl724223

Quote from: John on March 06, 2023, 02:18:07 PMSchool services will more than likely take priority over everything else. They had to be covered first when I was at NX before anything else
Teachers on strike that day so kids can watch veg web all day reporting what buses they claim to have seen 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk