News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Strike Action

Started by monkeyjoe, December 14, 2022, 01:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on March 03, 2023, 07:34:45 PMWell yes when 1/2 of coventry is solely serviced by national express and no other company how else are people who cant drive ment to get to places?
Like everyone else, you either don't go to places, or you have to find and pay for alternate arrangements.

Stu

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on March 03, 2023, 06:01:56 PMWith drivers strikeing will nx refund taxis trains other forms of transport that people may be required to use during the strikes to get to work, health care, education in place's only nx buses operate?
Why should they? It is not NX's fault that bus services won't be operating, its the unions and their members.

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on March 03, 2023, 07:34:45 PMWell yes when 1/2 of coventry is solely serviced by national express and no other company how else are people who cant drive ment to get to places?
I already know what TfWM will come out with, they'll be 'encouraging' people to "walk or cycle instead".

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Coventrybususer95

Iv read they maybe on strike till june if true cant TFWM put out emergency tenders to cover most routes that nx run?
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Tony

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on March 03, 2023, 08:14:26 PMIv read they maybe on strike till june if true cant TFWM put out emergency tenders to cover most routes that nx run?
and who do you expect to drive them?

hlliwmai

@Tony this question has probably already been asked so I pre-apologise if it has but does this strike effect NEAT and Coach divisions or is it JUST West Midlands division of the company  

D10

Quote from: hlliwmai on March 03, 2023, 08:25:36 PM@Tony this question has probably already been asked so I pre-apologise if it has but does this strike effect NEAT and Coach divisions or is it JUST West Midlands division of the company 

It's just NXC and NXWM, i.e West Midlands Travel Ltd

ellspurs

https://www.tfwm.org.uk/plan-your-journey/ways-to-travel/buses-in-the-west-midlands/on-demand-buses-in-the-west-midlands/

winston

Quote from: D10 on March 03, 2023, 08:31:59 PMIt's just NXC and NXWM, i.e West Midlands Travel Ltd
West Midlands Travel Ltd also operate various NX liveried coaches & also NETS coaches out of Aston too. 

Sh4318

That's kind of the point. Workers aren't happy with their conditions, they withdraw their labour
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Westy

Quote from: Westy on March 05, 2023, 10:29:06 AMhttps://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/service-updates/strike-action-from-16th-march-2023

One to bookmark I suppose?
Wonder what a "limited network" would look like. It could also mean there will be no late night and early morning journeys, operating 7AM - 7PM only maybe?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: 2206 on March 05, 2023, 11:51:10 AMWonder what a "limited network" would look like. It could also mean there will be no late night and early morning journeys, operating 7AM - 7PM only maybe?
Or Could it be like a new years day type of service wheres its one bus ever few hours if your lucky
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on March 05, 2023, 11:51:10 AMWonder what a "limited network" would look like.
Think back to what it was like during the first Covid lockdown.

Only this time there will be more passengers travelling!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Stu on March 05, 2023, 12:23:39 PMThink back to what it was like during the first Covid lockdown.

Only this time there will be more passengers travelling!
.... and many of the passengers are still coughing and sneezing. Sharing their germs as the bus windows are closed as it's very cold!!!!!!!

Rachvince53

Quote from: 2206 on March 05, 2023, 11:51:10 AMWonder what a "limited network" would look like. It could also mean there will be no late night and early morning journeys, operating 7AM - 7PM only maybe?
Only trunk routes will run in my opinion eg 79, 74, 529 but to a reduced frequency.  I suppose it depends upon how many drivers are available at each garage.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk