News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Strike Action

Started by monkeyjoe, December 14, 2022, 01:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginger66

According to E&S National Express' operating profits, released today, have more than doubled compared to the previous year.

Profits that where released in 2022 would have covered the period 2020/2021 when we was in lockdown these  figures would/should be 2021/22 after all restrictions lifted

winston

Quote from: Ginger66 on March 02, 2023, 04:04:14 PMAccording to E&S National Express' operating profits, released today, have more than doubled compared to the previous year.

Profits that where released in 2022 would have covered the period 2020/2021 when we was in lockdown these  figures would/should be 2021/22 after all restrictions lifted
That's correct, what's your point? Most of that profit comes from the US & Spanish Operations.

Rachvince53

Tony

Quote from: Rachvince53 on March 02, 2023, 05:09:40 PMNoticed that the Express and Star makes the incorrect statement that ALL bus services will not operate from 16th March 2023. In fact while the majority won't run, those operated by Diamond etc will be unaffected. 
Taken from the Unite statement. Actually not all drivers at NX are union members so there may be some NX services running as well

Stu

Quote from: Tony on March 02, 2023, 06:29:10 PMTaken from the Unite statement. Actually not all drivers at NX are union members so there may be some NX services running as well
I was going to enquire about that, I would assume that not all drivers are union members, but a large majority would be.

Even so, on the strike days, it would be a very limited thread-bare service level, and the few buses running would be very busy and crowded.

Probably a good time for anyone to consider using holiday allowance and have the day off work instead. :rolleyes:

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

Quote from: Stu on March 02, 2023, 07:22:17 PMI was going to enquire about that, I would assume that not all drivers are union members, but a large majority would be.

Even so, on the strike days, it would be a very limited thread-bare service level, and the few buses running would be very busy and crowded.

Probably a good time for anyone to consider using holiday allowance and have the day off work instead. :rolleyes:

I thought it was going to be continuous,  not odd days here & there, like the trains?

Stu

Quote from: Westy on March 02, 2023, 07:32:38 PMI thought it was going to be continuous,  not odd days here & there, like the trains?
Well its not clear yet exactly what form the strike action will take, the Unite The Union statement mentions both 'all out' and 'continuous' strike action.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

metrocity

Quote from: Ginger66 on March 02, 2023, 06:07:11 AMIs this across all staff, drivers, engineering and admin?

How many abstained from voting?

2173 voted for, 96 against

winston

Quote from: Tony on March 02, 2023, 06:29:10 PMTaken from the Unite statement. Actually not all drivers at NX are union members so there may be some NX services running as well
That's assuming the striking drivers allow buses to leave depots driven by non union members...

It won't be much use to anyone who doesn't have a smart phone / use trackers to see what's running etc

Mike K

Quote from: Stu on March 02, 2023, 07:22:17 PMI was going to enquire about that, I would assume that not all drivers are union members, but a large majority would be.

The impact of strike action is also reduced to an extent these days, as quite a bit of the working population is fortunate enough to be able to work from home. Not good, however, for kids who have to use the bus to get to school.

EK40

Quote from: Mike K on March 02, 2023, 07:54:30 PMThe impact of strike action is also reduced to an extent these days, as quite a bit of the working population is fortunate enough to be able to work from home. Not good, however, for kids who have to use the bus to get to school.
nationwide teacher strikes that day aswell so those kids wont be going to school regardless tbh

Mike K

Quote from: EK40 on March 02, 2023, 07:57:47 PMnationwide teacher strikes that day aswell so those kids wont be going to school regardless tbh

Good point. I should really know that having kids aged 13 and 15 😂

Quote from: Mike K on March 02, 2023, 08:09:41 PMGood point. I should really know that having kids aged 13 and 15 😂
Some  might open partially on strike days though I think.
And  it depends how long it goes on for to if its continuous
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Westy

Quote from: winston on March 02, 2023, 07:50:33 PMThat's assuming the striking drivers allow buses to leave depots driven by non union members...

It won't be much use to anyone who doesn't have a smart phone / use trackers to see what's running etc
I'm no expert on this obviously, but surely unless the other union(s) say 'We won't cross the picket line, out of sympathy ', Unite members wouldn't be able to do that?

(Who are the other 'bus driving ' unions by the way?)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk