News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Strike Action

Started by monkeyjoe, December 14, 2022, 01:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginger66

What are the plans for the buses if the strikes go ahead.

I know when the metro went out on strike it was late start up and very early finishing will something like this happen or will it be like the railway blocks of 48hr strikes.   

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Ginger66 on February 26, 2023, 09:16:33 AMWhat are the plans for the buses if the strikes go ahead.

I know when the metro went out on strike it was late start up and very early finishing will something like this happen or will it be like the railway blocks of 48hr strikes. 
Could we see drivers and buses from other companies being brought in
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

ellspurs

What other available drivers?

Rachvince53

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on February 26, 2023, 10:10:38 AMCould we see drivers and buses from other companies being brought in
And where are those drivers going to come from, baring in mind they're part of the same union?

Wumpty

Quote from: Rachvince53 on February 27, 2023, 12:46:29 PMAnd where are those drivers going to come from, baring in mind they're part of the same union?
I remember the strikes of the early 90s. We made an absolute killing at Midland Choice - would TC allow emergency registrations to cover routes like we did ?
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

ellspurs

If NX were to go on strike are there even enough drivers left around all the other companies to put on services? Everyone is cutting back citing lack of drivers. 

Westy

Surely the operators own services,  plus the TfWm services must take priority?

TBH , I'd be very surprised with the current driver situation as it is, if anything 'extra' was put on?

(Didn't we get 'strike breakers' on a previous one, so you might get a defiant Nx driver,  but how that'll go down with the rest is another thing.

I seem to recall, when WMPTE had strikes in the 80's, I remember reading something about a driver having his glasses taken off him, so he couldn't drive the bus!)

karl724223

Steveminor

96% in favour of strike action

Ginger66

Quote from: Steveminor on March 01, 2023, 08:54:52 PM96% in favour of strike action
Is this across all staff, drivers, engineering and admin?

How many abstained from voting?

karl724223

Quote from: Ginger66 on March 02, 2023, 06:07:11 AMIs this across all staff, drivers, engineering and admin?

How many abstained from voting?

Drivers and the rest of the info you don't need to know 

Commencing 16th March

winston

Quote from: 979 on March 02, 2023, 02:05:08 PMCommencing 16th March
For odd days or continuous days ?

Coventrybususer95

Any idea when it will be made official?
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

16th March is the same day as the WMR strike to. So few trains as well as buses running in the West Midlands that day to.
https://www.westmidlandsrailway.co.uk/travel-information/journey-planning/service-disruption/industrial-action
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk