News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Stagecoach in Birmingham

Started by monkeyjoe, December 08, 2022, 10:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Straightlines

Quote from: winston on January 20, 2023, 11:43:16 PMStagecoach are on borrowed time with their latest TfWM contracts & risk being stripped of them if performance doesn't improve.

Whilst I'm not disagreeing, I'm not really sure what that is pertinent to my point.

They also wouldn't be the first TfWM contractor to be 'on borrowed time' over the years...

winston

Quote from: Straightlines on January 20, 2023, 11:51:05 PMWhilst I'm not disagreeing, I'm not really sure what that is pertinent to my point.

They also wouldn't be the first TfWM contractor to be 'on borrowed time' over the years...
They're hardly a threat based on their current performance, as it's all been a bit of a cock-up. Even if it has raised a few eyebrows at NX. 

Straightlines

Quote from: winston on January 20, 2023, 11:54:56 PMThey're hardly a threat based on their current performance, as it's all been a bit of a cock-up. Even if it has raised a few eyebrows at NX.
Cock-up is an understatement, although the ultimate orchestrator of the cock-up is the ongoing incompetence that is TfWM! 

winston

Quote from: Straightlines on January 20, 2023, 11:57:50 PMCock-up is an understatement, although the ultimate orchestrator of the cock-up is the ongoing incompetence that is TfWM!
It seems that the left-hand doesn't talk to the right-hand within Stagecoach i.e. Stockport not telling Warwickshire that they were bidding for those TfWM contracts. TfWM have also been very poor awarding contracts with as little as two weeks notice to start date, late informing the public of changes & updating bus stop flags / timetables at bus stops which could be on-going to end of Feb....

BBS

QuoteIt seems that the left-hand doesn't talk to the right-hand within Stagecoach i.e. Stockport not telling Warwickshire that they were bidding for those TfWM contracts. TfWM have also been very poor awarding contracts with as little as two weeks notice to start date, late informing the public of changes & updating bus stop flags / timetables at bus stops which could be on-going to end of Feb....
The Acocks Green ones still haven't even been changed yet, but if stagecoach loses their Birmingham routes what will happen who will operate them? 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

winston

Quote from: BBS on January 21, 2023, 11:08:32 AMThe Acocks Green ones still haven't even been changed yet, but if stagecoach loses their Birmingham routes what will happen who will operate them?
Should those routes be stripped from Stagecoach & they go back out on emergency tender, it will be down to which operator has the capacity to take them on, most likely Diamond or Landflight, but Solus Coaches could be a contender for future TfWM contracts too. 

Despite what others have posted, Stagecoach didn't bid cheap to win the 41, 46, 169 & A9. They were slightly cheaper as they offered a package bid for all four vs individual prices for each route. 

markcf83

Quote from: winston on January 21, 2023, 12:03:23 AMIt seems that the left-hand doesn't talk to the right-hand within Stagecoach i.e. Stockport not telling Warwickshire that they were bidding for those TfWM contracts. TfWM have also been very poor awarding contracts with as little as two weeks notice to start date, late informing the public of changes & updating bus stop flags / timetables at bus stops which could be on-going to end of Feb....

I would say both are culpable to some extent. 
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

winston

Quote from: markcf83 on January 21, 2023, 01:49:39 PMI would say both are culpable to some extent.
Operators being given as little as 2 weeks notice to start date, wasn't confined to just Stagecoach. 

GoldenSquid

Not sure why Rugby have changed there dests, noticed in Solihull today the A9/169 have now scrolling via, and the main destination is not bold anymore which isn't easy to see.
Local Routes: 14/71/72/94/95/96/97/X12/X13

Sandy Lane

Quote from: winston on January 21, 2023, 02:50:51 PMOperators being given as little as 2 weeks notice to start date, wasn't confined to just Stagecoach.
TfWM signed it all off so IMO they are to blame. Someone wants sacking within TfWM. 

Isle of Stroma

QuoteWhatever you think about Stagecoach entering the West Midlands, it has raised concerns at higher levels at NX; I even understand that some of their more junior employees have been tasked with undertaking monitoring on their compliance and reporting findings to higher level management.

After (yet) another 45+ minute wait for a 97 yesterday evening & (yet) another FTO of my early morning 97 to work during the week, maybe some monitoring of their own service compliance might be more beneficial?

Solo1

Football was on yesterday as 97 goes past the ground will get delayed by football traffic unless it diverted away from the ground after the match 

winston

Quote from: Sandy Lane on January 22, 2023, 09:18:32 AMTfWM signed it all off so IMO they are to blame. Someone wants sacking within TfWM.
I've since learnt that Stagecoach were awarded their tenders much earlier on, it was Diamond that were awarded some contracts with only two week notice. 

Straightlines

Quote from: Sandy Lane on January 22, 2023, 09:18:32 AMTfWM signed it all off so IMO they are to blame. Someone wants sacking within TfWM.
Unfortunately, there is too much deadwood at Summer Lane and the status quo will remain! 

They knew entirely what they were getting into.

Stu

Quote from: GoldenSquid on January 22, 2023, 12:50:08 AMNot sure why Rugby have changed there dests, noticed in Solihull today the A9/169 have now scrolling via, and the main destination is not bold anymore which isn't easy to see.
Last Saturday, I observed a 169 passing through Billesley which showed "Sainsburys" and "via Solihull Town Centre" on the lower line. Which I thought was a bit unhelpful, which Sainsburys? (there are stores also in Kings Heath and Maypole!)

Yesterday, the one I spotted on Westridge Road did actually show 'Shirley Sainsburys'.

On both occasions, the buses were empty!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk