News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus Stops ?

Started by Nathan4775, August 28, 2013, 08:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on October 19, 2022, 11:08:56 PMThe board showing where to catch your bus on Priory Queensway just before the X21/X22/61/63 stop is full of old numbers 98, X64, 952, 55, X70. Some of the information on there is nearly 5 years out of date.
The one on Moor Street Queensway by Primark is well out of date too.

Rachvince53

Until about 3 years ago, the timetable on Stourbridge Road near the Penn Cottage steakhouse in Staffordshire had timetables 10 years out of date!  

ellspurs

Yeah, some of the bus stops outside the West Midlands County area are like stepping back in time.

Coleshill bus stop flags prominently display Central Connect's route 75 on them, with a smattering of 590A/C still kicking about (someone has been around and bunged "X13" on a few of the stops!)

In Hurley, they're still advertising the 717/757/767/777 when those services must've been finished for 10-15 years.

Over in Burton Green, the first flag on Hodgetts Lane has 24/34/44 on it, which I believe someone in here told me was from the 80s.

In Nuneaton, even though either the council or Stagecoach have been around and changed most of the flags (with the numbers not in numerical order!), the B4112 Ansley Road south of Grove Farm still has flags for the 17, which stopped running a while ago.

Rachvince53

There's an old West Midlands Travel stop flag (above the more recent Staffordshire County Council flag) on the lamp post in Planks Lane Wombourne near the Giggety Lane canal bridge. 

Stu

The bus shelter at the Fulham Road stop on Stoney Lane, Sparkhill was destroyed over the weekend, presumably after some vehicle crash, spotted it all crumpled up yesterday morning.

Looks like it has been removed and isn't going to be replaced, the holes have been tarmaced over, and there's a new temporary stop in a concrete filled tub instead.

It's a shame really as it was only replaced a while back, having previously been an  older yellow/green shelter.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Noticed today there's a old stratford blue flag on Farmer Ward Road at the rear of Kenilworth Station. Doesn't appear to be in use today.
135 Farmer Ward Rd - Google Maps
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Looks like the 'TfWM Tinkerers' are already at work replacing bus stop flags.

Travelling home along Stoney Lane in Sparkhill this evening, as well as having the 34 removed from them, an opportunity has been taken to 'rename' a couple of the stops, which is going to mean that NX are going to have to change their next stop announcements on the 2 and 3 to avoid passenger confusion.

The Fulham Road stops have now been changed to 'Brunswick Road', while the Clifton Road stop is now 'Chesterton Road'.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

ellspurs

Quote from: Stu on December 19, 2022, 08:17:08 PMLooks like the 'TfWM Tinkerers' are already at work replacing bus stop flags.

Travelling home along Stoney Lane in Sparkhill this evening, as well as having the 34 removed from them, an opportunity has been taken to 'rename' a couple of the stops, which is going to mean that NX are going to have to change their next stop announcements on the 2 and 3 to avoid passenger confusion.

The Fulham Road stops have now been changed to 'Brunswick Road', while the Clifton Road stop is now 'Chesterton Road'.

At least they aren't running up to six weeks behind like they were on the last major reshuffle. I remember the new 96 around here not getting onto the flags for weeks.

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: ellspurs on December 19, 2022, 08:41:08 PMAt least they aren't running up to six weeks behind like they were on the last major reshuffle. I remember the new 96 around here not getting onto the flags for weeks.
They still have flag poles for the old coventry 60 route up in tile hill 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Jack D

Anymore 'new stop flags' spotted have many been changed with only a few days til the changes? 

Rachvince53

In Peel Street (Market Square) Wolverhampton, timetables dated 4 December 2022 have been put up despite only a few weeks until new timetables come into place.  

BBS

QuoteAnymore 'new stop flags' spotted have many been changed with only a few days til the changes?
Acocks Green has gained A15 / A16 flags
32 / 58 flags removed 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Quote from: BBS on December 24, 2022, 04:57:34 PMAcocks Green has gained A15 / A16 flags
32 / 58 flags removed
I caught 1804 from Yardley to Solihull earlier and back again this evening. And a lot of the new flags enroute show 58 A16. I'm not sure how this happens, but a lot of these flags will need changing again now.
Perhaps they should just keep the 58 number. Which at least is the established Yardley - Lyndon - Solihull number for over 10 years and people are used to.
Even though it might have made slightly more sense years ago, when there was similar numbered services 957 etc.

Considering the 957, it would also have sort of made sense 58/X2 to Yardley Swan and perhaps 73 as well sharing a stop in Solihull rather than with the 4.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BBS

QuoteI caught 1804 from Yardley to Solihull earlier and back again this evening. And a lot of the new flags enroute show 58 A16. I'm not sure how this happens, but a lot of these flags will need changing again now.
Perhaps they should just keep the 58 number. Which at least is the established Yardley - Lyndon - Solihull number for over 10 years and people are used to.
Even though it might have made slightly more sense years ago, when there was similar numbered services 957 etc.

Considering the 957, it would also have sort of made sense 58/X2 to Yardley Swan and perhaps 73 as well sharing a stop in Solihull rather than with the 4.
In the Olton area there are 58 flags that have been removed not sure whats happening if their including 58 with the new A16 / 15
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

MW

Quote from: 2206 on December 24, 2022, 06:22:14 PMI caught 1804 from Yardley to Solihull earlier and back again this evening. And a lot of the new flags enroute show 58 A16. I'm not sure how this happens, but a lot of these flags will need changing again now.

Unless it's been delayed, there's some stop changes occurring in Solihull too

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk