News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Stagecoach in Coventry & Warwickshire

Started by Valandil, April 04, 2014, 11:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coventrybususer95

All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

JPC

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on December 17, 2022, 06:47:40 PMIt seems stagecoach now have a new bus route in coventry the route 51 coundon - arena park
I'm already getting visions of this new 51 being interworked with the 82! covered with five buses i.e doing duties of up to 4 hours 15 mins then a 45 mins break at Pool Meadow.

stellasteve

Quote from: Stu on December 17, 2022, 07:43:57 PMDo you have a link please?
Poster in pool meadow by the small door next to Stand P

sandboy20

Stagecoach seem to have postponed the increase in the Coventry daysaver (was due to go up from £4.00 to £4.20
on Dec 4th). However single fare increase has gone ahead, for instance I was charged £4.20 SINGLE from Nuneaton
bus station to Smorrall Lane (Bedworth) and £3.30 SINGLE George Eliot Hospital to Bedworth town Centre.

j789

Quote from: sandboy20 on December 18, 2022, 01:47:39 PMStagecoach seem to have postponed the increase in the Coventry daysaver (was due to go up from £4.00 to £4.20
on Dec 4th). However single fare increase has gone ahead, for instance I was charged £4.20 SINGLE from Nuneaton
bus station to Smorrall Lane (Bedworth) and £3.30 SINGLE George Eliot Hospital to Bedworth town Centre.
Would it not have been cheaper to have caught a NXCov service between Nuneaton and Bedworth?

ellspurs

Quote from: j789 on December 19, 2022, 08:17:34 PMWould it not have been cheaper to have caught a NXCov service between Nuneaton and Bedworth?
20 doesn't go to Smorrall Lane and it's quite the walk from the nearest 20 stop.

sandboy20

it is a bit of a slog particularly if loaded with bags of groceries otherwise I would. I wish NXC would give consideration to
extending route 16 from Keresley to/from Bedworth via Ash Green and Goodyers End Lane.

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: sandboy20 on December 24, 2022, 02:13:12 PMit is a bit of a slog particularly if loaded with bags of groceries otherwise I would. I wish NXC would give consideration to
extending route 16 from Keresley to/from Bedworth via Ash Green and Goodyers End Lane.
Honestly that's what I thought they'd do and hope they do

Justin Tyme

Quote from: sandboy20 on December 24, 2022, 02:13:12 PMit is a bit of a slog particularly if loaded with bags of groceries otherwise I would. I wish NXC would give consideration to

Thirty years ago the 3 (which then terminated in Holbrooks) was extended to Bedworth via Smorrall Lane.  This was a time when there was alot of competition between West Midlands Travel and Midland Red South, and the extension came off in 1996 when competition by both operators reduced.

Sandy Lane

The TT for the rerouted 60 via Warks shopping park is now up - replaces part of NXC 3.
Cant see Dorchester way showing?
Still shows stop at Jaguar works. 

The Coventry area map still shows the old route though.

JPC

The new 51, with just the help of one extra bus, could have been a Full Circle taking in something like the old 34 route from UHCW to Pool Meadow which along with the creation of further links could also offer balanced headway where it combines with NXC service 2, time to serve Everdon Road and reinstate an additional bus along the Binley Rd where the 86 has been reduced to hourly.

Quote from: Sandy Lane on December 28, 2022, 06:06:23 PMThe TT for the rerouted 60 via Warks shopping park is now up - replaces part of NXC 3.
Cant see Dorchester way showing?
Still shows stop at Jaguar works.

markcf83

Stagecoach at Rugby have received three Enviros from Manchester, presumably in advance of their new work in South Birmingham. They are 36428,36482 and 36484. I don't know if more are expected.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Tony

All 3 are Euro 6, so looks like the first ones for these services

Sandy Lane

Comparing the new and old SC Coventry 60 TT's first bus of day.

Old TT between ASDA London Rd and Univ. Hospital allowed 23 mins.
New TT between same stops now going via Warks Shopping Park is 31 mins.

Does this affect PVR. Maybe some clever interworking instead?

Tony

QuoteStagecoach at Rugby have received three Enviros from Manchester, presumably in advance of their new work in South Birmingham. They are 36428,36482 and 36484. I don't know if more are expected.
Looking on Stagecoach's own tracker 36425; 36429; 36430; 36480; 36482; 36484 are all currently in Rugby garage. I can't see where 36428 currently is.

This batch at Manchester was 36424-30/80-5 (13 vehicles) So I suspect these are what will be running the services

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk