News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterPlan

6849, 6883 and 6889 running in convoy through Bangham Pit to Bartley Green.
Can't remember the last time I saw 3 together.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Ginger66

Not sure of fleet number caught the 15:37 48 yesterday from QE and it was slightly delayed should have been in West Bromwich for 16:28 there was a delay round the hospital due to traffic but once onto Harborne Road it didn't take longer long to get to Warley Woods and another slight delay due to road works, but the rain caused problems as people where crawling along.

mesub

Four 18s running together is a new one.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

2136 about 20 minutes late on the 77/X15 tonight. 
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

18WilliamsLi

Quote from: 2206 on November 09, 2022, 05:03:33 PM2136 about 20 minutes late on the 77/X15 tonight.
20 minutes is nothing 

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on November 09, 2022, 05:33:00 PM20 minutes is nothing
20 minutes is a long time if your were at a bus stop waiting for it to be honest, considering its a irregular route.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Ginger66

Got to the bus station in West Bromwich at 9:50 the bus was due out 9:52 diamond bus 40 service and at this point a Diamond 40 bus pulls onto the overflow stand and the driver gets of the bus.

There was a few of us saying what the hell is the driver doing when they are due out in minute.

j789

Quote from: Ginger66 on November 12, 2022, 11:09:06 AMGot to the bus station in West Bromwich at 9:50 the bus was due out 9:52 diamond bus 40 service and at this point a Diamond 40 bus pulls onto the overflow stand and the driver gets of the bus.

There was a few of us saying what the hell is the driver doing when they are due out in minute.

Are you suggesting the driver is not allowed to go to the toilet if they are desperate even if due out a minute later?
Without knowing the actual reason, don't automatically criticise the driver.

Quote from: Ginger66 on November 12, 2022, 11:09:06 AMGot to the bus station in West Bromwich at 9:50 the bus was due out 9:52 diamond bus 40 service and at this point a Diamond 40 bus pulls onto the overflow stand and the driver gets of the bus.

Timetables are just guides they are not set in stone , drivers only responsibility towards the timetable is not to run early, i personally could'nt careless about times not my problem i did'nt  make them , my ownly objective is to finish my duty without incident as long as every one gets off my bus in one piece i have done my job. 

18WilliamsLi

6106 is 1 hour 15 minutes late 

Stu

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on November 12, 2022, 05:54:07 PM6106 is 1 hour 15 minutes late
Did you see that on the Init screem or are you just looking at BusTimes again?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote6106 is 1 hour 15 minutes late
It isn't 

j789

Slightly off topic question but is linked to buses running late as the diversion must cause havoc with the route but on WBA matchdays when the Birmingham Road is shut (only in one direction towards West Brom) where does the 74 divert to get back on route?

On the bus stops near the ground in that direction, it says no buses for up to 90 mins after the match. I've looked at a map and there are a number of possibilities for how to get to West Brom avoiding Birmingham Road and the motorway island, for example via Hamsted. Which route do buses take?

What sort of disruption does this cause the service as it must be pretty bad, particularly as in the other direction buses can run the normal route? A few years ago, buses could continue the normal route in both directions as only one lane was closed off for supporter pedestrians.

I have noticed this season at home games, more people are using the 74 to games which is nice to see but getting back to West Brom must be a pain having to wait for up to 90 mins for the Road to reopen.

Mad Friday lived up to its billing then,late evening Broad st services delays up to 40 minutes, RED ROUTE yeah rite, wonder if trams were joining in the fun

markcf83

Quote from: j789 on November 12, 2022, 08:44:52 PMSlightly off topic question but is linked to buses running late as the diversion must cause havoc with the route but on WBA matchdays when the Birmingham Road is shut (only in one direction towards West Brom) where does the 74 divert to get back on route?

That's what I suspect many are thinking too.......
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk