News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Stagecoach in Coventry & Warwickshire

Started by Valandil, April 04, 2014, 11:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellspurs

Surely they'll all just teleport back to their constituencies using their secret teleporters that they have been spending all of the money on?

Back on topic, it seems that Warwickshire Stagecoach has not been hit as badly as what's going on in Stagecoach East at the moment, where lots of routes are being cut and places like Chatteris are losing all of their services.

Sandy Lane

There is a temp diversion for the 86 between 2000 and 0600 from the edge of Coventry through Binley Woods.
https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-updates/serviceupdatesarticle?SituationId=ID-28/10/2022-16:02:25:189

"Due to a night closure from 28th October - 3rd December 2022 between 20:00-06:00 the A46 Coventry Eastern Bypass Island, Binley Woods will not be served.
We will be unable to serve the stop at Morrisons Binley and all stops along the A428 Rugby in Binley woods."

OK so it says where they are not serving but can anyone work out how and where it gets back onto route?

ellspurs

Quote from: Sandy Lane on November 01, 2022, 06:42:46 PMThere is a temp diversion for the 86 between 2000 and 0600 from the edge of Coventry through Binley Woods.
https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-updates/serviceupdatesarticle?SituationId=ID-28/10/2022-16:02:25:189

"Due to a night closure from 28th October - 3rd December 2022 between 20:00-06:00 the A46 Coventry Eastern Bypass Island, Binley Woods will not be served.
We will be unable to serve the stop at Morrisons Binley and all stops along the A428 Rugby in Binley woods."

OK so it says where they are not serving but can anyone work out how and where it gets back onto route?

At a guess, from Binley:

Willenhall Lane, St. James Lane, B4110 London Road, Toll Bar Island, A45, Brandon Lane through to Brandon. Reverse would involve coming onto the A45 and driving down and around the A423 slip road to turn around at the UK Mail place before coming back to Toll Bar Island.

If they want to maintain the same route both ways, they'll need to continue down the A45 to Ryton, then left onto Warwick Road, through Wolston to the B4555 and then into Bretford that way.

That junction has been shut many, many, many times in the past few weeks, so possibly check bustimes to see if they've done a diversion previously.

It appears to only affect one bus either way as their last bus of the day is at 8pm.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: ellspurs on November 01, 2022, 07:01:30 PMAt a guess, from Binley:

Willenhall Lane, St. James Lane, B4110 London Road, Toll Bar Island, A45, Brandon Lane through to Brandon. Reverse would involve coming onto the A45 and driving down and around the A423 slip road to turn around at the UK Mail place before coming back to Toll Bar Island.

If they want to maintain the same route both ways, they'll need to continue down the A45 to Ryton, then left onto Warwick Road, through Wolston to the B4555 and then into Bretford that way.

That junction has been shut many, many, many times in the past few weeks, so possibly check bustimes to see if they've done a diversion previously.

It appears to only affect one bus either way as their last bus of the day is at 8pm.
Thanks, it could be. 
Thing is that I dont think the A428 is closed, it is just the A46 above the A428. If so the divert is daft?

Last bus back to Rugby tonight is abt 8.33 from Cov. Wonder how it will show on bustimes.org map? 

JPC

The quote from Stagecoach would suggest the diversion starts from Skipworth Rd roundabout and ends at Brandon gyratory so the diversion is most likely via Skipworth Rd, B4428 to Brinklow, B4455 to Bretford and A428 to Brandon.
Bustimes indicates over the past few evenings the buses are going via Brinklow but its is rather pot luck what is being served, some miss out Brandon Road in Coventry yet some continue to serve the 'unserved' Morrisons stop and turnaround, some have completely missed out Brandon and Wolston villages - not trying to tar Stagecoach with this as I'm sure the same antics would have occurred with any other operator.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: JPC on November 01, 2022, 11:13:45 PMThe quote from Stagecoach would suggest the diversion starts from Skipworth Rd roundabout and ends at Brandon gyratory so the diversion is most likely via Skipworth Rd, B4428 to Brinklow, B4455 to Bretford and A428 to Brandon.
Bustimes indicates over the past few evenings the buses are going via Brinklow but its is rather pot luck what is being served, some miss out Brandon Road in Coventry yet some continue to serve the 'unserved' Morrisons stop and turnaround, some have completely missed out Brandon and Wolston villages - not trying to tar Stagecoach with this as I'm sure the same antics would have occurred with any other operator.
Bustimes last night the 8:33 from Cov to Rugby also calls at Cov Hospital. From Cliffordbridge rd it went onto the A4428 past Coombe and as you say Brinklow, Bretford & Brandon to get back on route. But as I said Idont think the A428 is closed and sothe divert is not necessary??. It is the A46that is closed and that goes over the top of the A428????

ellspurs

I think the roundabout is shut under the a46. The times I've passed over there in recent months, the slip roads have been closed coming off the a46, so they may have closed the whole lot off this time.

EDIT: I've just looked on one.network and it is just the roundabout that's closed. Sometimes they close the a46 as well for the fun of it (the number of times I've had to divert through Binley and Walsgrave) but it is just the roundabout that is listed as closed.

Sandy Lane

Think it was the X18. Decker going into Coventry pulled up on London Rd. All passengers off and clouds of steam coming from engine.

Coventrybususer95

All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Justin Tyme

And quite a few changes are being made across Warwickshire from 31 December ...

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-updates/serviceupdatesarticle?SituationId=ID-05/12/2022-10:04:24:141

... although most of the new timetables have 1st, 2nd or 3rd Jan 2023 dates.  I wonder which date is correct, as Stagecoach are running a Saturday service on 31 December.

paulb1973

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on December 05, 2022, 09:24:21 PMI see stagecoach will run the 7 in coventry on sundays and after 6pm

https://www.tfwm.org.uk/plan-your-journey/ways-to-travel/buses-in-the-west-midlands/upcoming-bus-changes/bus-service-changes-from-1-january-2023/
I recall Midland Red South operating service 23 to Allesley Park in the evenings & Sunday just after deregulation - mostly Leyland Nationals but double decks did occasionally appear. Did they cover the 7 [in its 1986 format] as well ?

Justin Tyme

Quote from: paulb1973 on December 05, 2022, 10:23:19 PMI recall Midland Red South operating service 23 to Allesley Park in the evenings & Sunday just after deregulation - mostly Leyland Nationals but double decks did occasionally appear. Did they cover the 7 [in its 1986 format] as well ?

Yes, Midland Red South operated the 7 on Sundays between 1989 and 1997.

At Deregulation MRS ran on 5/6 (Coundon), 14 (Fenside & Finham), 17 (Walsgrave Hospital) and 23 (Allesley Park).  Most were just on Sundays, but the 14 also ran evenings all week.  Leamington, Nuneaton and Rugby garages were all involved.

Other Coventry city services were operated on tender until the late 1990s.  Also, a number of minibus services were operated mostly commercially Mon-Sat between 1990 and 2001 - mostly from an outstation in Rowley Drive shared with Vanguard Coaches.

Sandy Lane

Coventrybususer95

It seems stagecoach now have a new bus route in coventry the route 51 coundon - arena park 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Stu

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on December 17, 2022, 06:47:40 PMIt seems stagecoach now have a new bus route in coventry the route 51 coundon - arena park
Do you have a link please?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk