News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: ellspurs on July 14, 2022, 02:21:43 AMIn that instance how would the cameras know the difference between bus/coach, as some coaches are used on local services (school routes)?
Certainly won't see any coaches on local services on Broad Street, the only one in the West Midlands I know of is the X6 in Coventry.
Johnsons did send one out on the X20 though earlier this year before they ceased operation.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

QuoteIn that instance how would the cameras know the difference between bus/coach, as some coaches are used on local services (school routes)?
Operators in the West Midlands have to supply TfWM with fleet lists for camera identify 

the trainbasher

Quote from: ellspurs on July 14, 2022, 02:21:43 AMIn that instance how would the cameras know the difference between bus/coach, as some coaches are used on local services (school routes)?
Each CCTV PCN is usually subject to manual verification before sending from the CCTV PCN system to the system that generates the Reg 10 PCN. As long as a vehicle has a reg plate, the cameras can recognise its a road vehicle it can use the ANPR data

Some systems allow the CCTV cameras to ignore lists of VRM (reg plates) but that has to be manually set by the council and would require constant checking to make sure it is up to date (as fleets change) - we certainly don't do that in the LA I work for as we use our CCTV enforcement cameras for 48J contraventions (school yellow zig zags) only at the moment - CCTV 47J contraventions (bus stops) also require additional signage on bus stops but we prefer physical enforcement.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stevo

Sorry - that's as clear as mud! What's a PCN? What's a Reg 10 PCN?

the trainbasher

Quote from: Stevo on July 14, 2022, 10:33:34 AMSorry - that's as clear as mud! What's a PCN? What's a Reg 10 PCN?

Sorry, I was on work autopilot mode

PCN - Penalty Charge Notice (parking fine as was)
Reg 10 PCN - PCN sent by post as opposed to being put on a windscreen

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stevo

karl724223

So busboy 31  4817 is sending out messages claiming to be a bus driver on Stourbridge rota to get onto pensnett staff Facebook pages 😂😂😂😂

Abluhwleh

Quote from: karl724223 on September 21, 2022, 07:43:32 AMSo busboy 31  4817 is sending out messages claiming to be a bus driver on Stourbridge rota to get onto pensnett staff Facebook pages 😂😂😂😂
Why???

busboy31

winston

831 is on the 17H still with NXC fleetnames

winston

838 is on the 28 still with NXC fleetnames

winston

Is 838 in the paintshop?

Tony

QuoteIs 838 in the paintshop?
Yes, getting a quickly coat of grey

winston

Quote from: Tony on October 24, 2022, 03:57:01 PMYes, getting a quickly coat of grey
Thanks, noticed someone had updated its livery on Bustimes

Tony

QuoteThanks, noticed someone had updated its livery on Bustimes
Me! I try to do updates first as I have more rights on there than a lot who do the updates, this means when I update most things update immediately, whereas when others beat me then it goes into 'pending edits' and stays unaltered. I do sometimes overide others updates by changing them back and them changing them again, this is not be being insulting to the first person, but the only way I can get the update to speed up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk