News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Stagecoach in Coventry & Warwickshire

Started by Valandil, April 04, 2014, 11:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markcf83

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on July 12, 2022, 07:12:57 AMso far 2 Optare Solo SR's and 3 Optare Solo's are at Nuneaton depot to cover some of the Gold MMC's for the Commonwealth games

Buses seen over so far:
  • 4787 Optare Solo SR - Beachball Livery
  • 47211 Optare Solo - Beachball Livery
  • 47236 Optare Solo - Beachball Livery
  • 47316 Optare Solo - Beachball Livery
  • 47817 Optare Solo SR - Stagecoach Local Livery

All loaned from South Wales. Incidentally we've loaned four Enviros to Eastbourne. 
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

sandboy20

Has anyone any knowledge as to what Stagecoach is proposing when the Coventry bus network
goes 100% electric as it runs a number of services into the city from Nuneaton, Rugby and
Kenilworth/Leamington Spa.

Stu

Quote from: sandboy20 on July 23, 2022, 11:05:35 AMHas anyone any knowledge as to what Stagecoach is proposing when the Coventry bus network
goes 100% electric as it runs a number of services into the city from Nuneaton, Rugby and
Kenilworth/Leamington Spa.
While there's not been any timeline or schedule announced yet (not that I can find), it is the case that Stagecoach will have electric buses operating in Coventry by 2025.
My locals:

Coventrybususer95

They will probably have cast offs from Manchester and London as I can't see stagecoach investing in a fully electric fleet for such a small number of routes 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

ellspurs

I thought it was investment money from the Government for the Electric Buses scheme? It depends whether Stagecoach will be owning them or whether Cov council/someone else will own them and they lease them.

Stu

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on July 23, 2022, 03:09:11 PMThey will probably have cast offs from Manchester and London as I can't see stagecoach investing in a fully electric fleet for such a small number of routes
They will only need enough electric vehicles (plus a few spares) to cover those routes that operate through Coventry. And they've got until 2025 to do this, so no immediate rush.

Though like NX Bus, Stagecoach have announced they intend to have a full zero-emission fleet by 2035.
My locals:

X18 diverting in Warwick along Gallows Hill, Europa Way.
For some reason Evasham - Stratford, Stratford - Coventry are both called the X18. Though through journeys are no longer possible, so 2 different services with the same number.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ellspurs

Quote from: 2206 on August 06, 2022, 03:04:13 PMX18 diverting in Warwick along Gallows Hill, Europa Way.
For some reason Evasham - Stratford, Stratford - Coventry are both called the X18. Though through journeys are no longer possible, so 2 different services with the same number.
I suppose they didn't want to go with X18e and X18c. *looks at the 48*

People would just look at the destination, and assume they need to swap buses in Stratford if they wanted to go through.

They've got the Commonwealth Games cycling road race around Warwick tomorrow, so this diversion may be for them setting up for the event.

Quote from: ellspurs on August 06, 2022, 03:21:26 PMI suppose they didn't want to go with X18e and X18c. *looks at the 48*

People would just look at the destination, and assume they need to swap buses in Stratford if they wanted to go through.

They've got the Commonwealth Games cycling road race around Warwick tomorrow, so this diversion may be for them setting up for the event.
Could just go back to Evasham being the 28.  Or even maybe X28.
Same with Coventry to Solihull, that could go back to being the 82 rather than the X20.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Justin Tyme

Today is the first day of Stagecoach running the Mon-Sat X20 between Stratford and Solihull.  Unfortunately the service is not tracking on bustimes.org, but two double decks have appeared today - ADL Enviro 400 10037 and Scania Enviro 400 15675 (the one in traditional Stratford Blue livery).

Stagecoach have also operated double decks on the X20 on the Sunday service since this started on 31 July.

As it happens, Diamond have also have double decks on its X20, which from today runs just between Solihull and Coventry.  The DDs today are ex-Johnsons Optare MetroDeckers 40844 and 40845.

hlliwmai

Quote from: Justin Tyme on August 15, 2022, 05:21:14 PMToday is the first day of Stagecoach running the Mon-Sat X20 between Stratford and Solihull.  Unfortunately the service is not tracking on bustimes.org, but two double decks have appeared today - ADL Enviro 400 10037 and Scania Enviro 400 15675 (the one in traditional Stratford Blue livery).

Stagecoach have also operated double decks on the X20 on the Sunday service since this started on 31 July.

As it happens, Diamond have also have double decks on its X20, which from today runs just between Solihull and Coventry.  The DDs today are ex-Johnsons Optare MetroDeckers 40844 and 40845.

None of the Stratford services that they took over from Diamond are tracking on bustimes I've no idea why I thought initially it was just teething problems with there ticket machines or tracking systems but as we are now 3 weeks in I thought it may of been rectified but clearly not 

Tony

Stagecoach have won the Solihull-Coventry tenders that Diamond had stated they had not won.

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Tony on August 18, 2022, 02:03:53 PMStagecoach have won the Solihull-Coventry tenders that Diamond had stated they had not won.
Interesting wonder if it will be ran by leamington on Nuneaton
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

hlliwmai

Quote from: Tony on August 18, 2022, 02:03:53 PMStagecoach have won the Solihull-Coventry tenders that Diamond had stated they had not won.
Excellent, that means then they will be running the whole X20 after Diamond finish on the 28th was there no interest in the route by NX @Tony? - as I know from looking at old pictures on Flickr that they did run it many years ago 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk