News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Social Travel

Started by PM, January 07, 2015, 02:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

the only way to stop this is if socal & arriva both agree on a timetable where there is a bus evey 30 min so both parties are hapy no more arriva blocking the stands

Steveminor

Don't see how that would happen when arriva have just registered a 74b to run just in front of us.
As has been said,  everyone just run their timetable & let the passengers decide.

Solo1

true  I didn't know arriva had done that

Quote from: Solo1 on September 20, 2015, 07:01:33 PM
true  I didn't know arriva had done that
PD0000478/434 - ARRIVA MIDLANDS NORTH LTD T/A ARRIVA MIDLANDS, THURMASTON GARAGE, 4 WESTMORELAND AVENUE, THURMASTON, LEICESTER, LE4 8PH
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Cannock Bus Station
Finish Point: Stafford, Technology Park
Via: Huntington, Brocton, Queensville, Stafford Town Centre, Stafford County Hospital
Service Number: 74B
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 07-NOV-2015
Other Details: Monday to Saturday, daytimes.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Steveminor

If arriva were willing to be sensible & sit down & talk about sharing the route on a 30 min joint frequency we would be more than willing to talk about that.
I'm not holding my breath though.

barry619

Quote from: Steveminor on September 20, 2015, 01:40:39 PM
There's a difference in competing to defend your business and acting illegally to block your competitors threaten their drivers & run buses that aren't even registered. Grs & travel express found out just what happens when you do that.
I know nothing about you or your business, but if you are making what the TC's office would regard as very serious allegations about another operator's conduct I hope you have the means to back it up. Otherwise it could turn messy should Arriva take offence.

barry619

Quote from: Steveminor on September 20, 2015, 07:16:24 PM
If arriva were willing to be sensible & sit down & talk about sharing the route on a 30 min joint frequency we would be more than willing to talk about that.

For real? You have been on this service for five minutes and are already inviting the established and financially much stronger incumbent to sit down with you to thrash out terms for a joint operation - the same operator you have just accused of serious irregularities?!

Steveminor

The tc monitor has witnessed it first hand, so has staffordshire county council, select bus, d&g , Nxwm & there is a whole host of cctv evidence.
So I'm not making anything up.
For it to be slander it must be a lie. I'm only saying what everyone else has seen & is backed up with evidence.

Steveminor

I'm not inviting anyone to do anything. If you read the thread solo suggested we should both run a joint 30 min service &  I mearly pointed out we would not be averse to this.
Clearly from comments on here from people I suspect are connected with or are actually from arriva.
This multi national financial strong massive operator is so threatened by 2 buses.
I personally think that is hilarious.

williamposh

You're hilarious.

What other business spends their time coming on here justifying their existence. Or any other business on any other industry who would spend their time on message boards.

And if people on here are connected to Arriva or work for them, then so what. Only the same as what you are doing.

williamposh

Quote from: Steveminor on September 20, 2015, 07:16:24 PM

That is so funny. Illegal as well.

Steveminor

The difference is I'm not hiding who I work for or am connected with.
& how is that suggestion illegal if it was agreed properly through the correct channels. Besides it's a mute point cause it'll never happen.
Oh and you say what other business spends time on these message boards, I suggest you look at the rotala section where simon dunn takes & answers questions.

LG

Quote from: Steveminor on September 20, 2015, 07:33:57 PM
The tc monitor has witnessed it first hand, so has staffordshire county council, select bus, d&g , Nxwm & there is a whole host of cctv evidence.
So I'm not making anything up.
For it to be slander it must be a lie. I'm only saying what everyone else has seen & is backed up with evidence.

Inviting the traffic commisioner is dangerous business.  I mean then they will also witness whay Social Travel are up to.  For example  not serving stafford hospital because the Arriva bus had just come out then leaving an elderly passenger at the next stop because she actually wanted the hospital.

Also what are social travel buses doing in the technology park??? I thought you only registered to the university

Tony

Quote from: LG on September 20, 2015, 08:38:46 PM
Inviting the traffic commisioner is dangerous business.  I mean then they will also witness whay Social Travel are up to.  For example  not serving stafford hospital because the Arriva bus had just come out then leaving an elderly passenger at the next stop because she actually wanted the hospital.

Also what are social travel buses doing in the technology park??? I thought you only registered to the university

Yes, Very few operators actually report their competitors to DVSA (VOSA) for that very reason. Even if it happens accidently, it only takes DVSA to send a monitor out the day the complaining operator has a bad day (breakdowns/drivers not turning up/driver decides he needs to get home so runs early on his last trip) and they find themselves in a PI

LG

Quote from: Tony on September 20, 2015, 08:43:28 PM
Yes, Very few operators actually report their competitors to DVSA (VOSA) for that very reason. Even if it happens accidently, it only takes DVSA to send a monitor out the day the complaining operator has a bad day (breakdowns/drivers not turning up/driver decides he needs to get home so runs early on his last trip) and they find themselves in a PI

Exactly Tony

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk