News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Social Travel

Started by PM, January 07, 2015, 02:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busman Jamie

cheers for that but sadly my old lady wont pass for half fare lol

Bob

Quote from: Steveminor on September 05, 2015, 10:39:04 PM
The fare is £3.00 single £4.20 return or £16.00 weekly children are half fare staffordshire your cards £1.20

£4.20 return? No wonder you've hit arriva where it hurts lol!

Steveminor

Yes plusbus is accepted & the new manager accepts pints lol.
Bob it's not the £4.20 return that's upset arriva it's the £1.50 stafford local fare all the way from wildwood to the uni they don't like.

Bob

I can see the arriva 74 being converted to MPDs shortly.......lol

Busman Jamie

so a crate of lager is accepted as bus fare lol, i like!!! lol

Busman Jamie

i noticed Arriva this evening on 74 coming into the bus station blaring its horn trying to get S309 to move then clocked the snide arriva driver taking a photo just as s309 pulled away... Arriva thinking they own the BS as usual (The Arriva busas 3740, bald headed chap driving)

Bob

3740 eh? I reckon the deckers will be gone soon, less need for them now plus they're never on there half the time & now that the pvr is 5 buses, if they were needed Cannock would have a 5th decker!

mranon

yes they need dropping down a peg or two in both cannock and stafford bus stations. i wonder how social are averaging out on these 74's

LG

Well I witnessed last week a motorcyle rider get of the social travel 74 then get onto a motorbike.  This same bike and rider then drove in front of the 74 Arriva which I was on at about 15 mph,  I must say a big thank you to whoever the car driver was who stopped and took the motorcycle drivers photo.  According to the driver, the car driver is going to give it to the police I hope justice will be served.  The Arriva driver did say he would report it to his managers so they could download the CCTV. 

Ck

Seems a rather odd thing todo

Steveminor

15 mph on a motorbike would have been very dangerous for a motorbike rider are you sure of your facts re the speed, we're you looking at the speedo or was the speedo on the bus correct.
You also don't state where I mean some roads in Stafford have roadworks on them so if it was there I could actually fully understand as it would be dangerous for a motorbike to ride fast over potentially dangerous ground.

LG

Well it was a rough guess.  But lets say there was a tail back of traffic from cannock.  When a car driver stopped and took his picture at brocton he was not a happy car driver.  So from Cannock towards stafford.  Which was strange as the motorcycle rider got off the bus which had just come that way.  Anyway I hope he is caught

LG

Im not implying this had anything to do with Social Travel but just staying that the rider got off the social travel bus then did that, just to clear up facts

Steveminor

There was a moped rider the other day that was asking directions. So if it was him then no wonder it was going slow as a lot of mopeds as you know can only do just over 30 mpd.
If it was him then there's a lot of fuss being caused to some poor guy that couldn't go any faster.

LG

Quote from: Steveminor on September 15, 2015, 03:22:09 PM
There was a moped rider the other day that was asking directions. So if it was him then no wonder it was going slow as a lot of mopeds as you know can only do just over 30 mpd.
If it was him then there's a lot of fuss being caused to some poor guy that couldn't go any faster.

Well he caused some major traffic issues and for sure the car driver who took his pictures was not a happy chap

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk